Your top 3 favourite Carlton players ever/Top current players.

Remove this Banner Ad

bluesforever

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 24, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Killing time since the season is so far away, thought I'd ask around to see how my favourites compare to yours.

Mine would be

ALL TIME

Kernahan - An excellent, inspirational leader who had the ability to lift and kick bags when we needed it.

Silvagni - Annoys me now on TV, but always was a favourite when playing amongst us all. He definetly deserved his best ever fullback status.

Craig Bradley - Always gave 100% and basically ended up carrying us nearing the end of his career, a run machine that could run and run all day.

CURRENT

Stevens - Nobody was more happier when he officially came to Carlton, a good leader already for the club, someone our youngsters will look up to, Murphy in particular... will look up to and learn from.

Fevola - Cops alot of crap from the media, with good reason I must add, but still is one of the most talented players in the comp. If he has a big 06 so will Carlton.

Jarrad Waite - A star in the making, just started to live up to his potential last season, only will get better, awesome to watch and a player we will need to have a big season if we are to move forward.

All time..

Sticks Kernahan - Best leader ever

Bruce Doull - You gotta admire a guy that's that good but won't talk about it

Diesel Williams - Had it all... strangely, I didn't like him so much when he played for someone else...

Current

Thornton - Very underrated by other clubs'supporters. Will lead our defence for 10 years

Waite - has everything to be a champion, including breeding

Fisher - there's something about this kid that get's me excited about our future

All Time

1. Stephen Kernahan - legend who never failed to kick goals and lead
  2. Craig Bradley - just a running machine and freak of nature who smashed Doull's games record. Bradley taking off for bounce, bounce then a goal or hitting Sticks on the chest with a ball burster was the best thing
  3. SOS/Diesel - SOS speaks for himself, but I have to include Williams who is the best Carlton player I've seen

Current

1. Stevens - Gun and should be the next Captain
  2. Waite - Son of Vin and should be the next VC.
  3. Skinny Lappin

Wayne Johnson - Lifted his game to a new level when the finals came about. One of Carltons all time greats and my favourite player of all time.

Peter Dean - Could be counted on week in, week out to lead our defence. Loved his committment to the Carlton Footy Club and his no-nonsense approach out on the field.

Brett Ratten - Great in and under player that was underestimated by just about everyone outside Carlton. Again, loved the way he attacked the ball and the pleasure he took from wearing the Navy Blue

Unlucky: Wayne Harmes, Stephen Kernahan, Craig Bradley, Greg Williams and Fraser Brown.

Current:

Brad Fisher: This kid could be anything. Great hands and good on the ground. Just needs to improve his kicking.

Barnaby French: Arguably our teams most important player. Carries the ruck load and is honest as the day is long. Great bloke to boot.

Bret Thornton: Tries is heart out every week and will benefit from adding some depth into the back half in 2006. Could develop into a future leader of the Carlton Footy Club.

My 3 favs since the 90s (when I started following the game):

Macca
Sticks
Kouta

Currently:

Waite
Kouta
Murphy

In no order of course....

All-Time

1. John Nicholls - Powerhouse ruckman/forward who made the guernsey number 2 famous. Great leader and a very talented ruckman/forward who gave his all week in, week out.

2. Craig Bradley - Brilliant midfielder who never stopped trying. Often enough you'd see 'Braddles' in the thick of the action. He'd be all over the ground, rebounding out of defence, fighting it out hard in the middle of the ground, sending it forward and quite often kicking a few bags of well earnt goals himself.

3. Stephen Silvagni/Stephen Kernahan - Can't split the two Carlton champs. SOS the greatest full-back...no wonder he was named full-back of the century!! I mean he has a pretty good record against all the brilliant forwards to play the game - Gary Ablett senior, Paul Salmon, Tony Lockett, Matthew Lloyd, James Hird, Matthew Richardson, etc. SOS has done well on all of them - he kept Ablett scoreless in the 1995 Grand Final!!
Sticks on the other hand was just as good. He performed well rain, hail or shine. He kept kicking goals, he kept presenting and providing an option up forward. He made the difference for the Carlton side and was a very important player in our side, much like Matthew Lloyd is for Essendon and Barry Hall is for Sydney.

Current

1. Nick Stevens - Great leader and the next captain of the Carlton Footy Club. Tries, tries and tries and like 'Braddles' is all over the ground.

2. Marc Murphy - Going to be a great leader and a brilliant all-round footballer. Will play 200 + games. Wins plenty of the footy, gets the clearances, has great speed, endurance and kicks the footy beautifully.
Will add great depth to our midfield.

3. Adam Hartlett - Long-kicking key position player who shapes as an exciting prospect for the Blues. Plays with aggression, takes a strong mark and is a good kick for goal, he booted 17 goals from 18 shots for West Adelaide during the 2004 SANFL under-19s finals series, including eight goals in the preliminary final. Can also play with surety in defence. I want this bloke will be our long-term man at FF. He will need to bulk up, build up his strength, improve endurance and speed.

All time favorite:

1. Alex Jesaulenko: Champion player, excitement machine, premiership coach, regular Victorian representative. Watching highlights of him on Grumpy Old Men just before, was a reminder of what a spectacular player he was. He was able to do everything that Ablett did and more.

2. Bruce Doull: The consummate professional. Just quietly went about his business. His game on Royce Hart in the 1972 GF was sensational. So good was he, that he was holding down FB in his last season at age 35.

3. Wayne Johnston (The Dominator): What can one say about the greatest finals player of the modern era. Always turned it on in the big games. Should have won 2 Norm Smith medals. His spearing left foot passes and his aggression at the ball, and his opponents, was great to watch.

Current favorite:

1. Lance Whitnall: The best football brain in the game. He may not be an athlete like Kouta, or an attention grabber like Fev, but some of the things he does when he gets the ball are freakish. So good at out-thinking his opponent. Like the Diesel he has learnt to work the angles to make up for his lack of pace and athleticism.

2. Adam Bentick: This kid has footballer written all over him. His game against Collingwood last season was a small demonstration of what he is capable of. He may never be as good as Brett Ratten, but he will not be far behind. Great hands, great football brain. Will be part of the leadership group in the future.

3. Brad Fisher: A great pair of hands. Hard working forward who pops up and kicks goals at a vital time. His return from ACL injury was as good a return from such an injury as we have ever seen. Is going to be an important member of our forward line for a long time. Will eventually be kicking 40+ goals per season.

All-Time Favourites

-- Michael Sexton
-- Stephen Silvagni
-- Peter Dean

I have always enjoyed a good defender over a good forward. Special mention to Bruce Doull who I've got to see a lot more of, thanks to Fox Footy.

Current Favourites

-- Andrew Carrazzo
-- Jarrad Waite
-- Brad Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All time:
SOS
Kernahan
Bradley

I might've been too young to see some of these guys on tv, e.g sticks but i've some footage of them and absolute champs. I've seen sos and bradley though, champs!!

Current:
1AW
Kouta
Marc Murphy

three is a very small number when you consider this club....

as it is favourite and not best here goes

my three favourite players ever...

peter dean (still believe we would have won 93 if he had played)
steve silvagni (with a daughter named silvagna, it is hard to work out)
and greg williams (the best ballgetter ever)

now...

adam bentick (brett ratten jnr??)
brendon fevola (the best full forward in competition)
and jarred waite (one bloke you would not want to be tackeld by)

lucky for us he has 3. how do you guy like this line up for 2026

B SILVANGI
HB SILVANGI
C KOUTA JNR
HF SLIVANGI
F FEV JNR ?( WILL WILL KNOW IN 7 MONTHS OR SO)

Who knows? Look what happened to Walls jnr, Hunter jnr, and Johnston jnr...

It's all about picking the right spouse. :p

Funkalicous said:
Who knows? Look what happened to Walls jnr, Hunter jnr, and Johnston jnr...

It's all about picking the right spouse. :p
Did Jo Bailey play netball or something like that? If so, conficious says that it's all up from here:D

Have an idea guys lets get sos to jump eloise southby and will have another full back of the century.

Past:

Wayne Johnston - my boyhood hero.
Stephen Silvagni - made the impossible look easy
Alex Jesaulenko - the reason I started following the Blues

Present:

Anthony Koutoufides - maybe the most talented of them all
Jarrad Waite - excitement machine

Can't split many for the last spot. Fev, T-Bird, Fish, Walks .... Plunkett. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back