Universal Love Your top 3 favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all sorry about the inclusion, but I'm really surprised not many people rate Hogan in there top 3? The dude is a star!
Hogan sat in fourth for me, he is one of my favs for sure. Think he's fallen out of favour with some after his rising star year

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hi all sorry about the inclusion, but I'm really surprised not many people rate Hogan in there top 3? The dude is a star!
I thought about him.

I think its not a top three of who people think are our best player, its top 3 personal favourites. Sometimes you just like a player for "reasons". For example, Col Sylvia was once one of my favourite players - we're not necessarily applying a rational basis here. I also like Weid at the moment because he has a nice frown when concentrating and looks a bit like a gundog that heard the sound of feathers.

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Garlett
Jones
Petracca

HM: Nibbler, Viney, Hunt, Bugg

After being bullied by other teams for years, the players with a bit of swagger and attitude appeal to me the most.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hunt is the most watchable.

Gawn is the most likeable.

Viney is the most admirable.

Petracca and Hogan have the most potential to break into this top 3. Jones and Jetta are the most unlucky as they are competitive beasts. But Gawn, Hunt and Viney are my top 3..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
all time -
a. jakovich - the goals, the celebrations, the mullet.
The Wizard - exciting, the attitude, he could do anything. lot of opposition fans would get angry at games when the wiz turned it on, was great.
Todd Viney - one tough man, nice bloke to the fans might I add.

current-

Petracca
Oliver
Hulk

Taking names of everyone not naming Viney of the current team. Be prepared for an in person disappointed shake of the head if we ever meet.

You have been warned.
Part of the beauty of this thread is seeing the diversity of opinion on everyone's favourite player. It's totally subjective. So much more love for the battlers as I think all of us can relate a little bit more to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back