Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
I've Just started to watch animie's so here are my top 5:

1. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd Gig also)
2. Deathnote
3. Code Geass
4. DragonBall Z
5. Gilgamesh
If you like Dragon Ball Z that much, I recommend you watch Dragon ball Kai. It's the same as DBZ, but without all the crap. Oh and, they have remastered it in HD. I also recommend the anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
I believe they will be dubbing it into English, but I'm not sure when it will be released. Some of the Japanese voices are funny, for example, Goku has the voice of a women (a nasal whine of sorts). :D

Feb 18, 2007
Mackay
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If you like Dragon Ball Z that much, I recommend you watch Dragon ball Kai. It's the same as DBZ, but without all the crap. Oh and, they have remastered it in HD. I also recommend the anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
I used to love it heaps looking back 5 years ago but since I haven't seen all that much anime I can't really list many others besides that. Give me GITS: SAC anyday!:)

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
For those of you who are reading/watching One Piece, I've forgotten where I am with the series as its been ages since I last watched it (back when it used to be on toasted tv) and was wondering whether it would be better to read the manga or watch the anime from the start again?

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
For those of you who are reading/watching One Piece, I've forgotten where I am with the series as its been ages since I last watched it (back when it used to be on toasted tv) and was wondering whether it would be better to read the manga or watch the anime from the start again?
Watch One Piece from the start again? Well, there is over 450 episodes in the anime, if you have the time, go for it. :p It'd be best if you read the manga, because it makes much easier to catch up.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Watch One Piece from the start again? Well, there is over 450 episodes in the anime, if you have the time, go for it. :p It'd be best if you read the manga, because it makes much easier to catch up.

Yeah I realise it's a long series, but it has been one of those shows that I really enjoyed.

So I will read the manga after I finish reading Hellsing, thanks for that:thumbsu:

Read manga.

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
I'm inclined to agree with you, IAmAJedi. The Japanese voices for the characters (i.e Goku, Gohan) are far too feminine for mine.

magtrev

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2008
over Macho Grande?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Cardiff City FC
pfft.
Sub >> dub, without exception.

Read manga.

That's exactly what I'm doing :)

good man.

One Piece is the perfect example of why subs are better than dubs btw.

4kids butchered the dub so badly that One Piece is now generally looked down upon in the Western world despite being far, far, far, far superior to the other 2 Weekly Shounen Jump 'big 3' (naruto/bleach).

EagleMan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
I'll grant that Krillin, Goku and Gohan are a bit too feminine sounding for their characters in the Japanese version, but other than that the dub is worse.

Hell, Vegeta sounds like a pirate. :eek:

4kids butchered the dub so badly that One Piece is now generally looked down upon in the Western world despite being far, far, far, far superior to the other 2 Weekly Shounen Jump 'big 3' (naruto/bleach).

Not only the dub but also some of the footages have been altered to become more politically correct.

http://www.animeyume.com/one_piece/opjvse.html

Feb 18, 2007
Mackay
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Revised list of best animes:

1.) Code Geass
2.) Neon Genesis Evangelion
3.) Ghost In The Shell: SAC
4.) Cowboy Beebop
5.) Deathnote

Unlucky to miss: Elfen Lied, Gilgamesh.

Have also watched Speed Grapher, thought it was a bit too obivious early on but liked it at the end when the characters didn't seem so trasparent. The art style pissed me off though.

The most graphic anime I've ever seen. On top of the gore, there's the constant nudity, and even incest! :eek: :thumbsu:

step father to daughter is not really incest and then again you dont see anything, just the positioning which implies the rape. I would say Berserk is a darker anime/manga, milne'd by a demonic alien dick in actual graphical interpretation ftw. Really top shelf anime, great storyline and character development

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
step father to daughter is not really incest and then again you dont see anything, just the positioning which implies the rape. I would say Berserk is a darker anime/manga, milne'd by a demonic alien dick in actual graphical interpretation ftw. Really top shelf anime, great storyline and character development
I think you're confusing Elfen Lied with another anime. The incest, well, the reference to it, is between the two cousins Kohta and Yuka.

I think you're confusing Elfen Lied with another anime. The incest, well, the reference to it, is between the two cousins Kohta and Yuka.

oh i thought it was a reference to Mayu and her step dad, but IIRC kohta and yuka dont get it on or anything given their relationship is a bit weird.

magtrev

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2008
over Macho Grande?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Cardiff City FC
If the last few episodes of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica are half as good as the first 8 have been, it goes straight to number 1 on my list :F

I highly recommend it.

Back