Your top 5 current PS3/Xbomb(box) games

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavy Rain has been in development for MORE than 4 years, and was shown for the first time since that period at E3 this year, and that IGN trailer was shown THIS YEAR, so it is well and truly still in development and word is set for release early next year.

You know which other game had a trailer released recently and is still in development?

A hint is that it's been in development for over a decade.

You know which other game had a trailer released recently and is still in development?

You mean the Powerpoint presentation?

Heavy Rain showed a lot more than that. It showed gameplay, story and stunning visuals.

That Duke Nukem had what, three images with no ingame footage?

THE DUKE!

It was hardly an OFFICIAL trailer, nor did it show ANYTHING that was in-game.

Hehe nah, I was talking about the Duke Nukem 3D 'trailer' that came out a couple of months ago. Youtube it, it is hilarious. If you have time to waste that is.
Yeah that's what my orignal reply was. The one with like three pictures.

Biggy has no clue what's he talking about. Seems to be happening more frequently on this board.

Will you please just give up Spartan, you're giving PS3 owners a bad name.

Just for the record, spartan is one of a kind. None of us are like him.

what i do only reflects my opinion.. i am one of a kind a gladly so.. i will not admit to falacies or common xbox fans opinions...
the ps3 is a superior unit and the games generally better on ps3 v xbox. if u dont agree.... i couldnt give a rats... you can try and justify this with bullshot comparisons of same release game, unit specs, mininal difference, bigger gpu rarararara etc..... but there is something i understand that xbox owner dont -the xbox finishes second to the ps3 everytime...

end of story i will not bore anyone else with anymore of my ps3 v xbox opinions... but as for you kerrby, worry about what people think of your opinions, and not how mine might make YOU look.. or you trying to justify that your not a fanboy???

what i do only reflects my opinion.. i am one of a kind a gladly so.. i will not admit to falacies or common xbox fans opinions...
the ps3 is a superior unit and the games generally better on ps3 v xbox. if u dont agree.... i couldnt give a rats... you can try and justify this with bullshot comparisons of same release game, unit specs, mininal difference, bigger gpu rarararara etc..... but there is something i understand that xbox owner dont -the xbox finishes second to the ps3 everytime...

end of story i will not bore anyone else with anymore of my ps3 v xbox opinions... but as for you kerrby, worry about what people think of your opinions, and not how mine might make YOU look.. or you trying to justify that your not a fanboy???

Hahahahahaha. Ignoring anything that may prove me wrong, I know I'm right. Mating call of the fanboy with no idea.

Go ahead and undiscover this forum, because you make all of us dumber with each post.

You say the games are "generally better" on PS3 vs xbox, but then later "...xbox finishes 2nd to the ps3 everytime..."

Which is it? All the time, or sometimes?

Anyway, in what respects do you see that the xbox finishes 2nd to PS3 everytime? I'm asking this as a serious question.

Because you've asked us to ignore multiplatform release comparisons, unit specs, gpu etc.

So what are you using to compare the fact the xbox finishes 2nd? I'm not being smart, I just can't see how you can arrive at that conclusion ignoring those important factors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say the games are "generally better" on PS3 vs xbox, but then later "...xbox finishes 2nd to the ps3 everytime..."

Which is it? All the time, or sometimes?

Anyway, in what respects do you see that the xbox finishes 2nd to PS3 everytime? I'm asking this as a serious question.

Because you've asked us to ignore multiplatform release comparisons, unit specs, gpu etc.
i havent asked you to ignore anything ,ive read thse too.. and both, be they xbox or ps,3 are biased... so having played both - albeit not too much on the xbox - i use my own opinion in my final judgement..

So what are you using to compare the fact the xbox finishes 2nd? I'm not being smart, I just can't see how you can arrive at that conclusion ignoring those important factors

do u think the xbox is superior to the ps3?. honestly? i dont want a diplomatic answer - oh yeah they both have theyre strenghts and weaknesses yada yada yada - i want a definitve answer... which is better? its your opinion im after....

Storage
You can upgrade the Hard Drive with any standard 2.5'' SATA Hard drive, The Xbox 360 only works with it's own branded products so sizes are limited.

Headsets
With Playstaion 3 you can Use any bluetooth headset with it, However with the Xbox 360 you have to buy a WIRED headset.

Wireless Networking
The PS3 has WIFI built in, To get WIFI on the Xbox you have to buy another $120 attachment.

Controllers
Dualshock Three not only lets you have rumble features in games but also motion sensing. Plus batteries last longer and are lighter.

Power Solutions
The playstation has a built in power pack, However the Xbox 360 has to have a brick next to it to get power.

Quality of Graphics and Sound
Game devolpers have had a little over 2 years to get the best graphics out of the Xbox. They have had one with the playstation. If, as you say the graphics are identical now, even with the time diference just imagine how good playstation will get with another two years.

Optical Media
Blu-Ray stores 50 GB, Dvd's 8.6 GB, Ps3 games will be able to be in the highest quality were are Xbox will have to worry about size on a disc. Xbox wanted to get their console out first so they took short cuts in it. The first models didn't ship with 1080p HDMI, The Playstation Did. Playstation has built in Blu-Ray, to get HD-DVD with the Xbox 360 you had to get another drivethat need to sit beside the Xbox itself.

Online Services
The Playstation network is a free service.

Game Titles
PS3 has some great titles coming out exclusivly this year, Haze, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Turismo and more. If I wanted to play a game that came out on the Xbox but not PS3, I could buy it for PC. A Xbox Exclusive game will come out on the PC, So it's not exclusive at all.

TV Tuner
Another feature coming out on the PS3 is Play Tv, This means that you can watch and record live HD Tv onto the PS3's hard drive. Xbox has nothing to compare to this.

Video Playback
It upScales DVD's up to 1080p HD, There are also more sound codecs on the ps3.

Other Applications
On the PS3 you can install another operating System such as Linux.

Fan Loudness
The PS3 fan is noticablly quiter than that of the Xbox 360

ive just borrowed another persons word but the serve my purpose... im looking for a very intersting article i saw on an xbox v ps3 comparison.. wehn i find it ill post it....

hey lunchlady thought of answering any qusedtion i posed to you yet??? or do u respond with something else to cover your inability to answer... or maybe your other xbox buddies do the thinking for you?

ive just borrowed another persons word but the serve my purpose... im looking for a very intersting article i saw on an xbox v ps3 comparison.. wehn i find it ill post it....

Emabarassing.

hey lunchlady thought of answering any qusedtion i posed to you yet??? or do u respond with something else to cover your inability to answer... or maybe your other xbox buddies do the thinking for you?

Which question was that? A better producer than Kojima? Go and read the thread, dunce.

Storage
You can upgrade the Hard Drive with any standard 2.5'' SATA Hard drive, The Xbox 360 only works with it's own branded products so sizes are limited.

You can do a mod to the xbox to use aftermarket drives too. Do a google search, its pretty straightforward if you can be bothered.

Headsets
With Playstaion 3 you can Use any bluetooth headset with it, However with the Xbox 360 you have to buy a WIRED headset.

Incorrect. I use a wireless headset with my 360. Sorry

Wireless Networking
The PS3 has WIFI built in, To get WIFI on the Xbox you have to buy another $120 attachment.

Fair call. Although 120 bucks is retail. Not hard to find it for 80. It makes the console cheaper and its something i don't use. So thats a bonus for me tbh. Wireless networks for gaming = increased lag anyway

Controllers
Dualshock Three not only lets you have rumble features in games but also motion sensing. Plus batteries last longer and are lighter.

This one is hilarious

The dualshock is an archaic contoller that wasn't that good when it first came out in 1998. The triggers and analoges are flimsy and prone to breakage. It feels flimsy due to its lightness and the rumble is weaker than the 360 controller, which is better in every way imo.

The 360 has its issues, but the controller is a place where it shines above the ps3 easily

Power Solutions
The playstation has a built in power pack, However the Xbox 360 has to have a brick next to it to get power.

Who cares

Game devolpers have had a little over 2 years to get the best graphics out of the Xbox. They have had one with the playstation. If, as you say the graphics are identical now, even with the time diference just imagine how good playstation will get with another two years.

"Just imagine how good it will be in another 2 years"
Hear that a lot about the ps3. Used to hear "Imagine how good it will be next year" in 2007 but that hasn't eventuated yet

Optical Media
Blu-Ray stores 50 GB, Dvd's 8.6 GB, Ps3 games will be able to be in the highest quality were are Xbox will have to worry about size on a disc. Xbox wanted to get their console out first so they took short cuts in it. The first models didn't ship with 1080p HDMI, The Playstation Did. Playstation has built in Blu-Ray, to get HD-DVD with the Xbox 360 you had to get another drivethat need to sit beside the Xbox itself.

Inbuilt blu ray is a nice feature. Albeit one i'd never use, and one that made the ps3 so frigging expensive on release, and made it slow to take off with gamers. I download all my movies so its a big meh. The disc size equalling better games for the ps3 hasn't really eventuated. Most ps3 game discs are mostly empty space or useless data. Game installs on the 360 are coming out in 2 weeks, so disc size is a non issue really. Future proofed the console nicely

I understand its a selling point for people who wanted a cheap blu ray player tho, and its obviously accounted for a lot of ps3 sales.

360's came out before 1080P was really a standard connection. Now it is, so they included it on new consoles. The orginal 360's support 1080P over component anyway so its wasnt a massive deal

Online Services

It's also extremely inferior to XBL. Get what you pay for.

Game Titles
PS3 has some great titles coming out exclusivly this year, Haze, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Turismo and more. If I wanted to play a game that came out on the Xbox but not PS3, I could buy it for PC. A Xbox Exclusive game will come out on the PC, So it's not exclusive at all.

lol haze:D

The PC release thing has been done to death. Believe it or not most casual gamers can't be stuffed upgrading a pc constantly to play the latest games.
You can't get Halo 3 on PC, and regardless of the negativity directed towards this game by certain people, it's my favourite game and a big part of the reason i got a 360 in the first place. GoW2 is also not apparently getting a PC port.

If you're talking exclusives, its the reason i changed from being a ps2 guy to a 360 guy. The 360 exclusives just cream the ps3 ones and the overall library is so much bigger. I'm a pretty avid gamer and usually eventually buy every console each generation because i hate not being able to play exclusives. This generation has seen more cross platform games than ever before, and i can honestly say there is not one ps3 exclusive that makes me want to rush out and buy a ps3 yet.

GT5 might, i love GT. Forza 2 has been brilliant on the 360 and eclipsed GT4 in every way, but GT5 is a big lure for me.

Everything else on the ps3 tho...

TV Tuner
Another feature coming out on the PS3 is Play Tv, This means that you can watch and record live HD Tv onto the PS3's hard drive. Xbox has nothing to compare to this.

Thats pretty cool. But i wouldnt be holding your breath that it will be aus compatible. The 360 has some great online TV apps that are only available in america. Sucks a bit.

Aussies always get shafted

Video Playback

Upscaled 1080P SD DVD is hardly indistinguishable from 720P, if anyone actually cares. I've never even played a SD DVD on my 360.

Don't know about the sound codec thing. I only use the 360 to watch .avi files, the standard format, which it does perfectly

Other Applications

Makes some people happy i guess

Fan Loudness

Again, who cares.

Odd list really. The one thing that irks me about the 360 is its somewhat dodgy reliability, yet you didn't even mention that. Not that i personally have had a issue with mine, ever, but i know plenty of people that have. The 360 is fragile, and i worry all the time that it's going to pack it in, and require me to send it away for 10 days to get repaired...which is free anyway with the 3 year warranty.

The ps3 is a great piece of hardware, really it is and i agree with you there 100%. But sony really screwed up this generation in making it too complex, and its resulted in developers just not having the money or time to produce games that use it capabilities, or even produce games that will run on it properly without issues.

Its great to talk about potential power etc, but fact is, us guys at the end, the gamers, want something awesome to play, and the ps3 just hasn't delivered here in the same way the 360 has.

In the end mate, you love your ps3 which is great, enjoy it. But constantly ragging on a console you don't own, by just parroting what other people have said...come on...seriously

do u think the xbox is superior to the ps3?. honestly? i dont want a diplomatic answer - oh yeah they both have theyre strenghts and weaknesses yada yada yada - i want a definitve answer... which is better? its your opinion im after....

Sorry for the format.

Yes, I prefer my 360. No two ways about it.

I have stated many times on these boards that ATM 360 is my preference, however, I have a feeling in the future the PS3 will be my favoured console.

As it stands right now, if I hypothetically had to sell on, it would be my PS3. All multiplatform games are bought on 360 and PS3 is merely for exclusives and blu-ray.

Now, your points:

Storage

True, but I've got the original 20g HD on my 360 and original 40g on my PS3. So far, space has not been an issue for me, and my 360 is nearly 3 years old.

PS3 gets the points.

Headsets

Crap, there is a wirelss headset for the 360 http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/336156/X360_WIRELESS_HEADSET_USB_CHARGER

Plus, doesn't bother me about the wired headset. It clips into the WIRELESS controller, so it's not like you have to sit close to the console

Wireless Networking

Can't understand why MS didn't build in wireless, agree there. But, I have it plugged directly in to my wireless modem via ethernet, so couldn't care less.

Controllers

Don't get me started on that piece of s**t PS3 controller. I absolutely hate them. Worst controllers ever....period. The motion sensing is s**t, the lightness is not a plus and the rumble is piss weak.

360 controller is IMO the greatest controller ever invented.

Power Solutions

So

Sound yes. Graphics, at the moment...rubbish. In the future, perhaps.

Optical Media

Yep, no argument there.

Online Services

You know the old adage....you get what you pay for. Personally prefer Live over PSN, any day of the week, and it cost me $58 for 13 months. So yes, its free, but I'm happy to pay for the quality service of Live.

Game Titles

Haze, crap, MGS4, not my thing, Gran Turismo, not interested.

Now you could have listed Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm etc. and I may have agreed.

True you can buy 360 exclusive on PC, but a) who could be f'd constantly upgrading a PC...I personally couldn't be bothered, hence don't game on PC and b) Gears 2 is NEVER coming to PC (has been confirmed) plus there is a lag between some releases on 360 and PC (i.e. Halo 3).

You want Gears 2, you need a 360.....PC no longer good enough

TV Tuner

I couldn't care less about this. And from what I understand there is a similar feature on Xbox in the US, but not Australia yet (if at all)

Video Playback

I have a DVD Player for DVD playback (which also upscales to 1080p - Pioneer 410v)

Other Applications

I don't even know what Linux is to be honest, so big deal

Fan Loudness

That is true, however, my PS3 has an issue when if it's been on for about 20 minutes these god almighty loud fans kick in, much louder than my 360. I have mentioned that several times here before and I'm kind of worried I perhaps got a lemon.

So that's all fine, you made some valid points on the issue, but most of them are personal preference or they simply just don't bother me.

So yes, emphatically I prefer my 360 over my PS3. That being said it could be because I own 70 360 games and only about 10 PS3 games, but that's just they way it is.

The controller and live are basically the two factors as to why I prefer 360 and buy multiplatform games on it

It's a post he's ripped from some other knobend and it's probably 2 years old. Funny how the 'upcoming PS3 titles will cream the xbox' hasn't changed since it first came out, and they are still waiting, when they're actually further behind now. Just imagine, etc.

PS3 controller batteries aren't swappable. Once they die, which they will much earlier than 360 controller rechargables, you have to buy a new controller.

Clued up gamers would never use wi-fi.

Sound codecs claim is bullshit. As is TV tuner.

How many PS3 owners have installed an OS on it?

then your'e forgetting about the list of things the 360 has which the PS3 can't do - cross-game invites, voice chat, voice messaging all in game etc. Stuff that is actually important.

Couldn't come up with anything on your own. Sad.

Resistance 2
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/resistance2

GOW2
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/gearsofwar2

The PS3 loses again.

Also, ignore the user voting on both games. The Sony and Microsoft fanboys are going crazy on that site.

PS3 doesn't lose. Xbox doesn't win

Fanboys who avoid a game cause it's on a "rival" system lose.

Both will be killer

I still can't understand why people are comparing these two games, aside from the fact that they are big games releasing at roughly the same time.

I dont know why you guys bother.

Both are awesome systems and you are never going to agree.

I know what system is better and what system I prefer. But im not gunna try and convince others. Waste of energy.

PS3 doesn't lose. Xbox doesn't win

Fanboys who avoid a game cause it's on a "rival" system lose.

Both will be killer

I still can't understand why people are comparing these two games, aside from the fact that they are big games releasing at roughly the same time.
And you thought I was saying it to bait or flame or because I was jealous.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back