Your top 5 current PS3/Xbomb(box) games

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep....you have a history of baiting.

You're one of the fanboys who will simply miss out on a killer game :thumbsdown:
As XBOX 360 fanboys will miss out on R2, all I am saying was that I took a guess and was right that the reviews would turn fans against fans, and would be used in arguments like R2>Gear 2, or Gears 2>R2, even though MetaCritic only chooses a limited number of reviews, not to mention is very inconsistent with which reviews it chooses for games.

As XBOX 360 fanboys will miss out on R2, all I am saying was that I took a guess and was right that the reviews would turn fans against fans, and would be used in arguments like R2>Gear 2, or Gears 2>R2, even though MetaCritic only chooses a limited number of reviews, not to mention is very inconsistent with which reviews it chooses for games.

R2 is the sequel to an ordinary game, and will be mediocre itself. Reviewer rating it equal with GoW2 are taking pity on the PS3.

R2 is the sequel to an ordinary game, and will be mediocre itself. Reviewer rating it equal with GoW2 are taking pity on the PS3.

I have a 360 but my next door neighbor has a PS3 so we usually get together for a bit of a session on both machines and Resistance is awesome. The 2nd one looks like an amazing game, the screeshots ive seen of these behemoths invading USA just looks astonishing, will be even better than the 1st.

So we're going to turn this into a boring board again?

If we can't have a 360 vs PS3 thread then where can we talk about it?

And just to keep this on topic.

LittleBigPlanet
Far Cry 2
FIFA 09
GTA IV
MGS 4

So we're going to turn this into a boring board again?

If we can't have a 360 vs PS3 thread then where can we talk about it?

And just to keep this on topic.

LittleBigPlanet
Far Cry 2
FIFA 09
GTA IV
MGS 4
So LBP is obviously pretty gd HBK?? I heard its a bit shallow but made up for much like FC2 with the map creator.

So LBP is obviously pretty gd HBK?? I heard its a bit shallow but made up for much like FC2 with the map creator.
No way is it shallow, it starts off basic, but the first 7 or so levels are tutorials, and just get you used to the game, but once you get going it really ramps up, plus it adds so much more when playing with mates, either via PSN or on your own PS3.

To be honest I have only gone in the map creator for the extras so far, haven't had the need to try and make my own levels, and I've already spent about 20+ hours on the game.

I heard that gamers are so uncreative that all people find when they go online in LBP is maps themed around penises, internet memes and their dislike of the Xbox 360.
:confused:????????????:confused:

That is all I have to say about that, obviously you know s**t all about this game, so far I would say I've played around 20-30 created maps, none are fanboy maps, none have been rude maps, there isn't a huge amount of quality yet(Although I have only played through the first couple of pages of created maps, and there are about 10 or so, packed full), but the game has been out less than a week, that being said there are some good ones, like the Bioshock level mentioned by Camo, there is a cool Escape from Alcatraz level, a Mirror's Edge race level, a really creative Domino's level, and plenty of others that I have hearted, some other levels that have alot of potential as well, they just need to be edited a bit to fix some bugs and glitches and need the creator to get used to the ability allowed in the game for great maps, and also some levels where people just create something amazing and let others get it to use in their own levels.

Anything but uncreative though.

And you talk about Sony losing Exclusives and Microsoft 'Owns' their biggest exclusives, but magically forget that Bioshock 2 and 3 will be multiplatform releases and Mass Effect 2(And 3) is 90% likely to be a multiplatform release as well.:eek:

Don't really want to brings this up again, but I must say, I like how your back up your claims with accurate sources and don't just believe anything your PS3 magazine tells you, remaining negligent of what the actual developers say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass effect 2 can't come soon enough.

The first was so enjoyable. It's one of the few games i've played through 3 times and it still feels fresh given the different character options.

Its no Fallout 3, but hopefully they'll kick it up a notch for the next installment. Couldnt give a toss about exclusivity frankly, if it makes them more money to enable them to continue making better games, its all win.:thumbsu:

dude....i think next time you should read more than just the title....

"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood told CVG.

hbk said it's 90% likely that mass effect 2 (and 3) will be multiplatform.....and your link proves that to be true....even if it's not a simultaneous release.

next to fall will be far cry 2 once you start gears 2
I'm betting on it too mate:thumbsu:

I had to make the call what to start first after knocking off far cry, and i went with Fallout. Currently have 2 mates giving me regular updates as they smash through the gears campaign in co op, and its all been very very positive.

Much better than the first etc. And given gears 1 sits at No3 for me currently...probably says a lot about how much i will enjoy the sequel.

1. cod4
2. uncharted: drakes fortune
3. ratchet and clank: tools of destruction/quest for booty
4. bioshock
5. heavenly sword

that was my original...now at the moment it would have to be

1. cod4
2. little big planet
3. uncharted: drakes fortune
4. ratchet and clank: tools of destruction/quest for booty
5. bioshock/gta4 i forgot it in my initial list and i'm not sure which of these to keep in fifth

dude....i think next time you should read more than just the title....

"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood told CVG.

hbk said it's 90% likely that mass effect 2 (and 3) will be multiplatform.....and your link proves that to be true....even if it's not a simultaneous release.

HBK said he was 90% sure it would be a multiplatform release, just as Bioshock 2 will be. According to the developer, it may be released on another platform (though, never specifically names the PS3), but it will still be a timed exclusive.

The original Xbox proved that bastard-child consoles with crappy ports and extended release dates don't fare too well in the long run.

Wow, an article from March, of course nothing would've changed in the 8 months since, and nothing will change in the next 12 months until release.

I'm sure you could find plenty of articles stating FF13 will be a PS3 exclusive from earlier this year as well.

But just a couple of standout things:
"We have no announcements on future Mass Effect projects at this time," a microsoft spokesman told IGN. "Additional inquiries may be sent to Electronic Arts."
No statement denying it is or isn't exclusive.
"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood told CVG. "We're still working out the details on that, but we've had a great relationship with Microsoft and done very well."
It's this guys belief that it will be an XBOX 360 exclusive for a short period of time, and it is my belief that it won't be, let's not pass over the FACT they hadn't/haven't actually worked all the details out.

But it is good how IGN manage to manipulate a statement made my the BioWare representitive.

And anyway, I said 90%, that means there is 10% chance that it wouldn't, however I still stand by my comment, come back to me when the game has released exclusively on the 360.

HBK said he was 90% sure it would be a multiplatform release, just as Bioshock 2 will be. According to the developer, it may be released on another platform (though, never specifically names the PS3), but it will still be a timed exclusive.

"And you talk about Sony losing Exclusives and Microsoft 'Owns' their biggest exclusives, but magically forget that Bioshock 2 and 3 will be multiplatform releases and Mass Effect 2(And 3) is 90% likely to be a multiplatform release as well."

that is exactly what hbk wrote.....

to me that is written as clear as crystal.....bioshock 2 and 3 WILL be multiplatform......

and mass effect 2 and 3 is 90% likely to be released on multiple platforms which the link you provided showed to be true (nothing about bioshock but we know that's going to be on both 360 and ps3)

the article never mentions the ps3 OR as you said it being a timed exclusive....but from reading the article both are blatantly obvious

either way it wouldn't bother me since i probably wouldn't even buy it if it was on ps3 :eek: bioshock 2 however i might as well pre-order already :p

edit: i didn't even realise that article was from march til then...either way it doesn't change anything

Top 5 Current Gen Games

BioShock
Dead Space
Dark Sector
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3 / 4 (probably 3 has the slight edge as my favourite)

I know I've forgotten heaps of games, but these are the ones that instantly came to me when I thought about it

This is tough.

Gears 2 has instantly shot up the chain. It is friggin' unbelievable. What to push out though???

1. Gears 2
2. Gears 1
3. Dark Sector
4. Dead Space
5. BioShock

Sorry COD's......very honourable mention

Dark Sector better than Dead Space?

I was going to grab Dark Sector the other day on special.....obviously it's worthwhile?

Dark Sector better than Dead Space?

I was going to grab Dark Sector the other day on special.....obviously it's worthwhile?

I couldn't decide personally, I may in fact put Dead Space before Dark Sector, but it's pretty line ball for me.

Not everyone will like it, so don't rush out and get it on my account, play a demo 1st if you can.

It got terrible reviews from critics and gamers in general, but I got my old man to pick it up for me when he was in the UK. I could not put it down and it's one of the funnest (is that a word??? :p) games that I have played. Note, I said I have played. I know plenty who hated it.

I'm shocking with my games, I play a couple of chapters of a game, buy a new one, play a few chapters of the new one, buy a new one and so on.

I currently have about 40, perhaps 50 unfinished games in my collection. It is rare for me to put in a game and play it start to finish without playing another game in between. Dark Sector was the first in a long time I did that with.

I don't know what it was, I just could not put it down. Using the glaive and the powers, to me, was just so much fun.

Anyway, a lot don't like it, but for some reason it just really stood out for me and I loved it

Not to mention the fact it's unneccesarily brutal :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back