The Dark Knight Rises
Hacksaw Ridge
Rambo: Last Blood
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Django Unchained
Avengers: Infinity War
Joker

fu** I forgot John Wick 1-3.

Really liked Captain America: Civil War and Black Panther, too.

I thought Wolf Creek 2 was terrible. I hated the way they turned Mick Taylor from a genuinely scary character in the first one to an almost comical Freddy Krueger like character.

This is tough. If it were 5 years old and not 5 mins old, Jo Jo Rabbit might sneak in.

1. Lincoln
2. Django Unchained
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. Inception
5. Chappie
6. The place beyond the pines
7. Three billboards
8. The Big Short
9. Argo
10. The imitation game

I thought Wolf Creek 2 was terrible. I hated the way they turned Mick Taylor from a genuinely scary character in the first one to an almost comical Freddy Krueger like character.

Each to their own. I loved it because I found him to be hysterical in the first one, so hamming it up worked for me. Never took Wolf Creek that seriously, but I can see how those who did would've found it offputting.

This is tough. If it were 5 years old and not 5 mins old, Jo Jo Rabbit might sneak in.

1. Lincoln
2. Django Unchained
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. Inception
5. Chappie
6. The place beyond the pines
7. Three billboards
8. The Big Short
9. Argo

10. The imitation game

Nice choices. I haven't seen the ones in italics yet. The Big Short needed more Karen Gillan.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to see A Separation, Minding the Gap and The Master.

I really enjoyed The Lost City of Z, even if I didn't think it was that amazing in terms of film making, acting or story. Still, it's underrated... or maybe under exposed. I love anything to do with the Amazon. For another Amazon film, have you seen Embrace of the Serpent? I liked that one more.

Haven't, but looks interesting. Will check it out.

Did I post in this thread already, I can't remember, anyway watched Whiplash again the other night for probably the 5th time, easily in my top 10 all time now so guess that'd qualify it for this thread.

As an aside, any guesses for how much Miles Teller netted on the film? $8k, I s**t you not. Still, better than digging ditches right? ;)

Last edited:
Fun thread! But this list took a little while to do.

1. Shutter Island
2. Manchester By The Sea
3. Mad Max: Fury Road
4. Shoplifters
5. Beyond The Hills
6. Kelebekler
7. The Lighthouse
8. Black Swan
9. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
10. Mandy

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad