Your Top Ten horses

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant which Champions werent susceptible 1st up?
Often trainers dont have them wound up because their targets are later on.

If they do set them 1st up,most Champions are more than capable.
Remember Elvstroem the only time Vasil had him ready?
Conquered the greatest mare of all time from memory

seth

I assume you mean Makybe Diva? I dont think 1400m was her go. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would prefer she was called the greatest staying mare of all time. She would be left well behind some other mares from 1000 - 1600m. Agree with the 1st up thoughts though. A lot aren't wound up.

Ok,you probably havent been here lately monitoring the MD is the best horse ever including Phar Lap threads that have been going on.

It was meant to be ironic,unfortunately I left out the "wink"
As you may have seen,I didnt have her in my top 7 & had Sunline above her.

seth

Ming Dynasty was a great horse,he won 6 Gp 1's & raced during a very strong era,bumping into KT(who he beat in the CC),Dulcify,Surround etc
Having said that,Northerly would have caried him.

seth
Yeah mate i don't doubt he was a good horse, but we're talking best of all time here.
I'll rattle off a few just off the top of my head that'd i'd put ahead of Ming Dynasty:

Doreimus
Sky Heights - maybe the same level
Sydeston
Juggler
Grand Armee
Elvstroem
Tie the Knot

Gimme a history book and i'd probably name another 30 that are outside most of our top 10's but were at least equal to old Ming.

Ok,you probably havent been here lately monitoring the MD is the best horse ever including Phar Lap threads that have been going on.

It was meant to be ironic,unfortunately I left out the "wink"
As you may have seen,I didnt have her in my top 7 & had Sunline above her.

seth
Sorry mate. Missed the wink! My best are only those I've seen. Obviously Phar Lap, Tulloch, Vain, Bernborough, Flight, Wakeful, Carbine etc from what I've read deserve to be around the mark.

Tulloch was the best in my time. God knows what he would have achieved if he hadn't missed a couple of years with illness.
Was unplaced once in his career over a variety of distances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back