burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
It’s likely Frawley and brand. Not convinced on both - but the alternatives Mohr and TOB are not any better.

If brand and Frawley don’t work we may try a shorter backline - just one Kpp (Frawley) with Sicily and scrimshaw (who’s solid overhead) as 2/3rd talls or stratts as CHB. Will really depend on how the 6-6-6 plays out.

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
he backline is really lacking a general. I assume Stratts will do the marshalling down back but have not noticed him doing that role before.
Watch the final against Richmond last year after Stratton left the ground. Our structures fell apart.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Brand will surprise a few this year, provided he stays fit of course. Bookmark this etc.

He looked very proppy after the game on the TV, but has enough time to mend.

I can't see a better starting defence than:

HB: Impey - Brand - Sicily
FB: Hardwick - Frawley - Stratton

realhawk

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
O’Brien and Brand are VFL footballers period. We are not winning finals if these guys are in our senior side, we are better off playing undersized defenders with more grunt and footy smarts.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Watch the final against Richmond last year after Stratton left the ground. Our structures fell apart.
One game. Tigs regularly run over teams in the second half. So it seems a longbow.

Obviously, Stratts has some leadership qualities. It does not necessarily translate to directing traffic. Mirra is always seen organising the zone. Stratts made his name locking down on a specific opponent. He's very good at that. I believe the two specific roles are mutually exclusive.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Whatever happens, at least box hill won’t do short of talls like in 2016. For the seniors only rough bigboy and Frawley look regular, the rest will be mix n match

Anyway don’t despair, kosi will be different

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Frawley's kicking is progressively getting worse due to him slowing in the mind, takes an eternity to dispose of the ball and inevitably gets rushed clangers. Tim O'Brien and Kaiden Brand will hold down the key defender roles with Stratton and Burgoyne holding the defensive structures. We then have Rough and Gunston to switch with Sicily and Burgers for added flexibility.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Frawley's kicking is progressively getting worse due to him slowing in the mind, takes an eternity to dispose of the ball and inevitably gets rushed clangers. Tim O'Brien and Kaiden Brand will hold down the key defender roles with Stratton and Burgoyne holding the defensive structures. We then have Rough and Gunston to switch with Sicily and Burgers for added flexibility.

Rather the odd error by Chip than the constant losing contests of the other two

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
O’Brien and Brand are VFL footballers period. We are not winning finals if these guys are in our senior side, we are better off playing undersized defenders with more grunt and footy smarts.

Greg Madigan... 'cough'... ;)

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Rather the odd error by Chip than the constant losing contests of the other two

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chips clangers put the entire back line under pressure, he isn't getting to as many contests these days. I think this is because his body is letting him down, be it back spasms, migraines, and now Achilles issues.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chips clangers put the entire back line under pressure, he isn't getting to as many contests these days. I think this is because his body is letting him down, be it back spasms, migraines, and now Achilles issues.

Frawley is still serviceable, but i reckon you're right. The guy is probably to miss a bunch of games during the season due to injuries. He's just at that stage in his career.

As for his kicking, I'm sure there is a plan to keep it simple and hand it off to smarter users.

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Frawley's Richmond opponents did absolutely nothing on Sat night, why in gods name is everyone sticking the boots in?

If there is consistent thing, on bigfooty, it is that defenders always cop the blame. Every time. Midfield and forwards always fly under the radar, but defenders are an easy target.

Frawley did a great job.

If there is consistent thing, on bigfooty, it is that defenders always cop the blame. Every time. Midfield and forwards always fly under the radar, but defenders are an easy target.

Frawley did a great job.
I think that's why Clarko has moved TOB back. Makes the job so much easier for keyboard warriors.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC

Frawley did a great job.

This is not about sinking the boots in, it's about being realistic. Chip is on the decline and that's ok. It's not all rainbows and lollypops at Hawthorn.

This is not about sinking the boots in, it's about being realistic. Chip is on the decline and that's ok. It's not all rainbows and lollypops at Hawthorn.

It's not all rainbows and lollypops but the criticism on the back of what was honestly a very good game seems over the top.

Riewoldt had amongst the most TOG on the weekend, and for the time where Frawley was his opponent he had one disposal.

Also, last year he had amongst the best contested 1v1 rates in the competition - under 18.9% I believe. He's also run at above 80% DE the entire time he's been with us, with a clanger rate of just under 2 a game - clangers also include Frees Against.

Frawley's performance may not be declining too much, but injuries aside his performance probably does correlate to the decline of the Hawks to a degree.

It just seems odd to be sticking the boots in on the back of that game on the weekend.

Back