Your unpopular opinions about Collingwood? (pls respect folks' rights to their opinions)

Saw this on the Port board. Interesting thread. Here's a few of mine:

1. I thought Jesse White had a good year. Yes, he didnt he kick as many goals we would have liked, he was however very good around the ground and didn't get in Cloke's way all the time.

2. I don't mind Carlton. I really don't. They don't bother me at all. Hawthorn seems more like a rivalry to me.

3. I wanted Lumumba to stay. He provides that X factor that we need and his year was not as bad as people made it out to be.

Any other opinions?

Sam Dwyer is the most underrated player on this board.

Agree with you on Carlton, OP.
Obviously you weren't around in the 70's & 80's under the George Harris reign at Carlton.
The arrogance & relentless taunting of Collingwood by the Carlton club & it's supporters was something else.
We lost 3 GF to those w***ers during that period.
That club just loved to dance on our misery.
George Harris "what's better that beating Collingwood by 100 points? Beating them by 5 points in a Grand Final...ha ha ha"
Most ungracious winner.

Spine-tingling speeches at The Copeland are just words that do nothing for me.
While being a star Pendles isn't a game changer.
Fas is one of our few really talented players and his work rate is nowhere near as bad as suggested, people simply can't handle his cocky persona.
Getting rid of Heater is a horrible black mark on our history.
The umpires don't have it against us.

Have heaps more in regards to where we're heading but most people on here already know them.

(1) I reckon Beans is (still) alright. Obviously I'd prefer he stays, but if he leaves then I wish him well.

(2) I reckon Collingwood will finish around the same position next year as they did this year - maybe a little lower. They've lost too big a core of experience now and will tip over the critical mass to be a very inexperienced 22 playing most weeks. Some of the teams below us are well positioned to do better in 2015 (GWS, Brisbane); and some above are well positioned to do worse (Essendon)

(3) I think Buckley will do alright in 2016 if he's given the opportunity (not sure if that's a popular opinion or not)

(2) I reckon Collingwood will finish around the same position next year as they did this year - maybe a little lower. They've lost too big a core of experience now and will tip over the critical mass to be a very inexperienced 22 playing most weeks. Some of the teams below us are well positioned to do better in 2015 (GWS, Brisbane); and some above are well positioned to do worse (Essendon)

(

I think that will be a pretty common line of thought to be honest. Our level of inexperience will be bordering on the expansion clubs

I think that will be a pretty common line of thought to be honest. Our level of inexperience will be bordering on the expansion clubs

True.

I guess the word 'unpopular' has two definitions ... 'uncommon' and 'disliked'

If Davis was kept after 2011 we would have won another premiership.

Which basically means "if Malthouse stayed we would have won another premiership"

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Which basically means "if Malthouse stayed we would have won another premiership"

Not exactly, If Buckley made room for Davis's demands we would have won a premiership. Also if Mallthouse stayed and Davis stayed we would have won another premiership. That is my opinion

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I put Sidey in the same cat as Beams. Ready to trade him if he does not consistently play well in 2015.

99% of Carlton supporters who hate Collingwood are dead set morons.

MM is a 'has being', now just a w***er.

:hearts: this thread.

Manic Magpie

Cancelled
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

1. I thought Jesse White had a good year. Yes, he didnt he kick as many goals we would have liked, he was however very good around the ground and didn't get in Cloke's way all the time.

2. I don't mind Carlton. I really don't. They don't bother me at all. Hawthorn seems more like a rivalry to me.

3. I wanted Lumumba to stay. He provides that X factor that we need and his year was not as bad as people made it out to be.

Any other opinions?
My opinion is that I disagree with all three of your opinions. White was poor, Carlton are our arch rival and Lumumba played like a headless chook.

Any other opinions?

Agree with you re Jesse White.

Back