Your unpopular opinions about Collingwood? (pls respect folks' rights to their opinions)

Remove this Banner Ad

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I love the club but:

I think a lot of our kids are overrated

I think Swan is almost certainly finished and a will struggle next year

I think Cloke's best footy is behind him as well

I like Heretier and hope he sorts himself out and I wish him all the best

I am a huge fan of Beams and devastated he wants to leave but, I think that is football these days and we just get what we can for him

I find it extremely strange that we had so many players miss the so much football with soft tissue injuries and so many go down with knees and other serious injuries towards the end of the season, I believe a very broad and thorough review should take place and be made available for scrutiny by the public at large. What happened was just plain rotten and needs to be thoroughly investigated, examined and deliberated on.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
I find it extremely strange that we had so many players miss the so much football with soft tissue injuries and so many go down with knees and other serious injuries towards the end of the season, I believe a very broad and thorough review should take place and be made available for scrutiny by the public at large. What happened was just plain rotten and needs to be thoroughly investigated, examined and deliberated on.
Can't speak about the "available for scrutiny by the public" bit because I very much doubt that will happen but the club has stated that they have called in some expert to examine the situation. At least it shows they recognise what an impact it has had. Hopefully they can turn it around.

I'm very uncomfortable about letting Heater go, he was a flawed human being but family. Side by side? My ar*e!

I no longer have full confidence in the current direction of the club, but I believe that we will eventually come good.

Collingwood is no longer the people's club.

Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks
Really? even people who don't rate him can usually agree that he is consistent. It's why he came 1st in both the lou richards medal and the age player of the year by far, because they award a top 5 and it's extremely rare not to see him in the top 5 players on the ground.
Yeah I know. He never plays a bad game as such... but his absolute best is stupidly good. He'd make GAJ look crap if he could play like that more often. When he starts taking the game on more he smashes teams.

Sadly it only happens a couple of times a year for me. Too often it's just 20-30 safe disposals that won't lose you the game... but it won't win you the game either.

Leigh Brown and his role are supremely overrated since his retirement.
I hate that since he retired we have been trying to fill his role like he was a superstar. The legend gets bigger every year

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm very uncomfortable about letting Heater go, he was a flawed human being but family. Side by side? My ar*e!

Side by Side.

There are two "sides" in that phrase, two streets. If Heater wasn't such a constant fool with his antics, he'd still be playing in this team and I wish he was, but being arrested just less than a week ago still proves he hasn't changed unfortunately. It is a shame but I too believe it is for the better in the long run.

Keep in mind there used to be two Shaws in the team at one stage!

Champion_Data

Senior List
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne
For the player ratings system they take into account your last 40 games, and when he came back from injury last year he was getting good numbers but having not so much impact which probably took a hit on his ratings. He would probably be in th top bracket for this year alone.

17th overall for average points per game in the ratings window (max 40 games since start of 2013).
21st for average points this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BongHewson

Draftee
Sep 19, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Bucks tries to be too much like a mate to the players rather than a coach.Getting their respect is more important

Dec 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Steelers.
Not sure that is unpopular and I agree I think they will both go past it and Pendles will play 350+
They would both have to be playing until atleast 33 which is pretty rare. But they just don't get injured, we got a sample of what it would be like if they were injury prone vs Brisbane. It wasn't pretty.

320 for Cloke and 350 for Pendles I reckon.

BongHewson

Draftee
Sep 19, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably the most unpopular opinion:

We'll play finals next year.

This obviously hinges on injuries and getting full fitness into the players that didn't get much game time/played injured (Reid, Brown, Swanny etc)
I don't think we can rely on Brown his body is held together with sticky tape

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
With our young list we're just wasting the talent of our older stars.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Eddie's time as President is up. Have loved the guy for how he resurrected Collingwood in the late 1990's and the stability of the board over the past 15 years, but I do feel as if a fresh set of eye's at the top could do us the world of good. One person having so much input and influence at a club is not a good thing.

Secondly, in Buckley's last contracted year as coach, I want the club to start a wide search of the best available coach as a point of comparison against Bucks, and then make a decision on all the available information on external candidates versus Bucks. If Bucks comes out on top all well and good, but happy for the club to replace him if this process shows up someone superior.

Thirdly our recruitment has been poor versus the way Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong have won multiple premierships in the last 10 years without tumbling down the ladder.

Finally, to many of our players are over hyped. Langdon has a good first year and you would think he is suddenly the back line general. Lets ee how we view Langdon, Frost, Williams et al in a few years. I doubt by then we will be singing their praises and I predict a few of them will become the whipping biys of BF

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Eddie's time as President is up. Have loved the guy for how he resurrected Collingwood in the late 1990's and the stability of the board over the past 15 years, but I do feel as if a fresh set of eye's at the top could do us the world of good. One person having so much input and influence at a club is not a good thing.

Secondly, in Buckley's last contracted year as coach, I want the club to start a wide search of the best available coach as a point of comparison against Bucks, and then make a decision on all the available information on external candidates versus Bucks. If Bucks comes out on top all well and good, but happy for the club to replace him if this process shows up someone superior.

Thirdly our recruitment has been poor versus the way Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong have won multiple premierships in the last 10 years without tumbling down the ladder.

Finally, to many of our players are over hyped. Langdon has a good first year and you would think he is suddenly the back line general. Lets ee how we view Langdon, Frost, Williams et al in a few years. I doubt by then we will be singing their praises and I predict a few of them will become the whipping biys of BF

Sorry Hawthorn and Sydney tumbled out of the finals before they won a second flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back