Your unpopular opinions about Collingwood? (pls respect folks' rights to their opinions)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Yeah, regarding Grundy he just needs to build a tank. I really enjoyed the GWS game where Grundy came up against Mumford, Mumford is just a machine. He ran past Grundy so many times, at one point I saw Grundy get the old head wobbles while running as if he couldn't go any faster. Grundy just needs to keep building a tank, the talent is their as he has proved already. He has the potential to be as good as Mumford, Grundy will be a gun.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Not sure Grundy needing a tank is unpopular

4. Grundy needs to be a plausible forward threat if we are going to play two rucks.

^this.

That's why Cox- Naitanui worked so well because of the massive threat in Naitanui down in the forward line. I believe Grundy has the potential of a handy forward. Just needs to develop the tank.

Blueboy75

All Australian
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I just wanted to add I take my hat off to the Collingwood FC for what they've done in the years gone by& so deserved being the biggest club in the land.You obviously as a rival supporter enjoy when your arch enemy lose as I guess we all pretty much feel like that:).But looking at the club especially the Eddie era majorly seeing where the club has came from to where they're now you can't help but certainly be envious:).

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well I just wanted to add I take my hat off to the Collingwood FC for what they've done in the years gone by& so deserved being the biggest club in the land.You obviously as a rival supporter enjoy when your arch enemy lose as I guess we all pretty much feel like that:).But looking at the club especially the Eddie era majorly seeing where the club has came from to where they're now you can't help but certainly be envious:).

You what?!

Mods, alert, alert, something very wrong here. Definitely not a blues supporter, likely a hidden subliminal message or something. At the very least an attempt to subvert and weaken our resolve. Ban this troll!

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Pat Karnezis is a better footballer than Alex Fasolo, taller, faster, alot more humble and has much more potential to go up the field.

Just an opinion though.

This opinion is unpopular only so far as some people may think it is unlikely, but I believe Swan will return to his 2011 form in 2015. This will be the main reason why we will return to the top 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
My most unpopular opinion is that i'm a fantastic person...oh it has to be about collingwood eh.

I would say that Colliingwood supporters are a bad influence on the players. It's one of the reasons that we haven't won many premierships over the last half century.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm no troll noid:D.Just honestly telling the truth how I do feel about the Pies;).

You are one very dangerous something. I refuse to accept you are an actual Carlton supporter.;) We already have enough problems with youngsters here not reecognising who our ultimate rivals are.:(

Probably a very unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing MM, Daisy and the rest of your mob do alright over the next few years. Nothing would be better than both of us up the top of the ladder and meet in the gf - Pies win of course.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
You are one very dangerous something. I refuse to accept you are an actual Carlton supporter.;) We already have enough problems with youngsters here not reecognising who our ultimate rivals are.:(

Probably a very unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing MM, Daisy and the rest of your mob do alright over the next few years. Nothing would be better than both of us up the top of the ladder and meet in the gf - Pies win of course.
Yeah as much as I love it when Carlton struggle I want to see Bucks v Mick in a GF, Pendles v Daisy. Imagine how huge that would be? And the celebrations would be even bigger when we win.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
My most unpopular opinion is that i'm a fantastic person...oh it has to be about collingwood eh.

I would say that Colliingwood supporters are a bad influence on the players. It's one of the reasons that we haven't won many premierships over the last half century.

Yeah, spot on. Victims of our own hubris. The extreme media coverage exacerbates this.

We should push close to top 4 next year

I honestly don't see why not. We had top 4 potential last season and only injuries really stopped us from making any damage.

I believe if injuries stay away next season we could well and truly make top four. Remember Geelong in 2007? They had a terrible season in 2006. Look how quickly they turned it around. Don't see why it can't happen to us.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I honestly don't see why not. We had top 4 potential last season and only injuries really stopped us from making any damage.

I believe if injuries stay away next season we could well and truly make top four. Remember Geelong in 2007? They had a terrible season in 2006. Look how quickly they turned it around. Don't see why it can't happen to us.
100% agree with that, Freeman and Adams will be good for us next year neither will be as good as Beams but will really add to our depth

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

This

Not sure how unpopular this is, but sometimes I wish Ed would just STFU. I cringe at times when I hear some of the s**t that flows from his mouth. He's done a magnificent job as our President and his energy, drive etc can't be questioned. I take my hat off to him in that regard, but sometimes he does my head in

Folks,

Please, no abusing your fellow Collingwood posters here

Everybody here is passionate about the mighty Collingwood Football club

For some, that passion leads them cheer for our club and to feel optimistic about the future.

For some, that passion leads to bitter disappointment at recent results, a deep frustration about the direction that the club is going in, and a helpless feeling of pessimism about the future.

If you can't stomach somebody's brand of passion ("They're not a real supporter!", "They're a head-in-the-sand sycophant!", "Troll!"), then please, do everybody a favour and put them on 'ignore' (Go to that person's profile page and there should be an option to ignore their posts)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back