Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

U.S Girls @ The Tote.

So much fun. Pretty stripped back show, was just Meg with a sampler and delay pedals with another vocalist (whom I have a very big crush on now, sorry Molly), and some random guy in a cowboy hat coming out and playing guitar on a few songs. Can't get any better then that for $15.

Last edited:

The stars would have to align to make this work, but Radiohead have just announced a World tour with 2 shows at Madison Square Gardens, both while I will be in New York. I am not sure how difficult it is to arrange tickets from over here.

We managed to get 2 tickets to see Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens. Standing, which is not my favourite way to see a gig nowadays, but I think I can manage it. Our friend who will be travelling with us has not managed to get a ticket yet. So it's a bittersweet feeling, but she is philosophical about it.

endlessboogie_poster420.jpg

Endless Boogie and Power at The John Curtin on Thursday. BALL POWER!!!

''Niche and Novel are proud to announce Brooklyn musician, composer, producer, and Software label founder Daniel Lopatin, aka ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER with his first return to Australia since 2013 as he plays an exclusive Melbourne show at Max Watt’s this June. Having received much recognition for his early releases Lopatin’s signing with Warp Records in 2013 saw him build on his previous work, releasing R Plus Seven (2011) and his most recent full length work Garden of Delete (2015), to much critical acclaim''

Seriously, who the * writes these?

I'm so there tonight! Cannot wait!

I hope Endless Boogie play The Tote or Cherry again too - better suited to them than The Curtin.

I'm so there tonight! Cannot wait!

I hope Endless Boogie play The Tote or Cherry again too - better suited to them than The Curtin.

Never seen anyone at The Curtin. Wot's it like?

Bumped into the boys yesterday near work in Gertrude Street. Cracking set on PBS last night. If ya missed it well worth a visit to the podcast. Cracking version of G.O.D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never seen anyone at The Curtin. Wot's it like?

Bumped into the boys yesterday near work in Gertrude Street. Cracking set on PBS last night. If ya missed it well worth a visit to the podcast. Cracking version of G.O.D.
Curtin is OK but just think they would be better suited to The Tote or Cherry (caught them twice at Tote and once at Cherry on last tour).

Thanks for the heads up on the podcast - hopefully GOD is a staple of their 2016 tour.

Last gig of theirs I saw was at The Tote. F**kin' balltearer. Pumped for 2nite. Have you seen "Power" live? I told the guys from Boogie that they were like a punk version of them without the jams and musical chops
No but will be there in time to check 'em out. From a description like that sounds like they're mining the BORED! vein.

We managed to get 2 tickets to see Radiohead at Madison Square Gardens. Standing, which is not my favourite way to see a gig nowadays, but I think I can manage it. Our friend who will be travelling with us has not managed to get a ticket yet. So it's a bittersweet feeling, but she is philosophical about it.
Wow. That will be awesome. Jesus.

By the way the Curtin is a great gig venue, should host way more than it does. It is also my local and favourite pub.

Mind totally blown and the poster as a tee shirt rocks!

Power were pretty impressive too... great to see a band that plays a song with the band name and I noticed they have attracted a bit of a sharpy following.

Endless Boogie playing Cherry on Sunday April 3. Will be there with bells on!

Wow. That will be awesome. Jesus.

By the way the Curtin is a great gig venue, should host way more than it does. It is also my local and favourite pub.
It is a good pub. I hadn't been for a while, how long have they had the BBQ there? Was mighty tasty.

It's not a bad band room, sound was killer last night but I prefer a little more space.

It is a good pub. I hadn't been for a while, how long have they had the BBQ there? Was mighty tasty.

It's not a bad band room, sound was killer last night but I prefer a little more space.
Maybe a year. Before that was the Huxtaburger s**t. As hipster and trendy as it was it was better than the barbecue s**t.

The Curtin is a classic old grungey pub; sort of thing that's died out with steel and jarrah bars, stainless steel seats, and general prissiness. Does anyone know a pub like it?

Saw The Books at the The Curtin, in early 2010 I think?

Was ******* awful. Don't think I've been to a show since. I know Hinds/Deers whatever they are called played there last year.

Saw The Books at the The Curtin, in early 2010 I think?

Was ******* awful. Don't think I've been to a show since. I know Hinds/Deers whatever they are called played there last year.
Seen maybe five or six shows there, including a Dick Diver one at their ultimate peak just after Water Damage was released but before the album was out. It's always cool seeing the band walk around downstairs and it's also cool being able to yell and chat to the band on stage. I had a chat to Steph about her shirt repping a WA country town – Ravensthorpe – and she thought it was in bloody New South Wales or South Australia. The gall.

I think the sound is good and it always feel spacious as the bands there are never massive. They could've easily been a good venue for 400 capacity shows: a substitute for Max Watts or even some Corner shows. You could fit Toro Y Moi, early Mac DeMarco, the recent Alvvays tour there for something different.

NSC is losing some grouse gigs though unfortunately right as the band room improves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back