Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that was me.

That was an awesome show, they were really tight and everything was smooth. I liked the way they showed some personality - Julian restarting songs or giving up his frontman decadence and ego was funny.

I ended up hanging out with Max and Julian a fair bit, I have the former's number and the latter was a really sweet dude who came down and had a beer and a smoke with my mate and my girlfriend for a good 20 minutes. Also ended up backstage and a member of Whitney said I was 'in the band.' Pretty cool night. Very cool.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My vision of you has come true. Yeah, couldn't agree more, loved a glimmer of their personalities. Loved the dudes beforehand too, top night. Should have hit you up haha. Sounded like an absolute Marcel Schmelzer (a belter).

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Apocalypse Dreams was a special moment, Tame were incredible. Also loved Koi Child and King Gizz.
Always is. I'm not sure why they didn't close with it, the perfect set closer.
I've been a huge koi child fan since they supported tame impala on their last tour. Just so much fun!

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Laneway was great fun yesterday. Car Seat Headrest were my absolute highlight. We were in a perfect spot for them as Whitney had played the same stage the set before them, so we hung around and ended up being just a couple of spots from the front. Really great experience that show was. My mate also found a cigarette packet on the floor and noticed a couple of MD caps in there, which was uhhh, interesting. We didn't take so he'll just shell them off to a friend.

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Laneway was great fun yesterday. Car Seat Headrest were my absolute highlight. We were in a perfect spot for them as Whitney had played the same stage the set before them, so we hung around and ended up being just a couple of spots from the front. Really great experience that show was. My mate also found a cigarette packet on the floor and noticed a couple of MD caps in there, which was uhhh, interesting. We didn't take so he'll just shell them off to a friend.
I only managed to catch the second half of car seat headrest unfortunately, which was my biggest regret of the day. They were fantastic

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seen Nick Cave many times but that was one of my favorites last night. Had a great spot right up the front that added to it, but he was in very fine form i thought.
Perth?

When they played 'Follow'. Ended me :'(
Yeah Follow was a highlight but the whole show was great, loved No Woman and the idea of closing out a set with a different choice, like that, and your first single is cool. Nice full circle moment. I'm still coming back from that show – so fun – and I've been having the old grey depression you get after a great show too. I loved their Magnet cover as well – seriously catchy and so heavy and rhythmic.

Good fitting and cool t-shirts, too fwiw.

Glad to hear I'm as physically unsurprising as you imagined.

The layout of the main stage at Laneway sucked massive balls. There was nowhere for anyone to spread out, and of course everyone thinks they're entitled to the best position so you just had thousands of people cramming in to the front of the stage. It was almost nauseating during Chet Faker with people constantly rushing past in both directions.

Still, great day out. Whitney were my highlight, seeing them really consolidated the album. They have such a tight live sound, and as SA said, just seem really relaxed on stage.

May 10, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Perth?

Yeah Follow was a highlight but the whole show was great, loved No Woman and the idea of closing out a set with a different choice, like that, and your first single is cool. Nice full circle moment. I'm still coming back from that show – so fun – and I've been having the old grey depression you get after a great show too. I loved their Magnet cover as well – seriously catchy and so heavy and rhythmic.

Good fitting and cool t-shirts, too fwiw

Glad to hear I'm as physically unsurprising as you imagined.

Me too. Playing their album on the way home from work and had this melancholy feeling, lovely show. Anyone see them at Laneway?

Keep doing you, brah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds were amazing last night at Perth Arena.

A somber start with tracks from Skeleton Tree, the tempo built up, then back down again as arguably the best live band in the world took us on an incredible journey through the Bad Seeds catalogue. 3 songs from Skeleton Tree, then Higgs Boson Blues which has become a live classic, then a rousing rendition of From Her to Eternity. I cannot remember them playing that live for 15 years ? some surprising choices followed. Tupelo was brilliant, Mercy Seat, Into my Arms, Red Right Hand, The Weeping Song and obviously Staggerlee...

The Bad Seeds were tight, powerful and loud. Nick Cave was in a playful mood. Lots of crowd interaction and lots of banter.

They are simply a brilliant live act and have never disappointed.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agreed. I saw Nick Cave on Saturday and was just great all round. Some friends who came along and didn't know him that well are converted for life.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Off to Laneway tomorrow; first festival in a few years and may be the oldest person there, but who cares. Looking forward to Glass Animals, Gang of Youths, Tame Impala and Car Seat Headrest the most. No real clashes, except maybe D.D. Dumbo and Dune Rats, so pretty happy with that.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Bring Me The Horizon were spectacular last night. I loved it so much and it definitely made up for the cancellation last year and was worth the extended wait.
*, really?

I went last night because I got given a free ticket and I thought it would be fun for nostalgia sake as I used to be a fan a number of years ago and I don't mind While She Sleeps or Hands Like Houses.

It was probably the worst gig I've been to, so I probably should be in that thread. The actual stage show and gimmicks were reasonably entertaining but his voice was just awful and most of the new songs are dreadful. This was after the lead guitarist from WSS had his amp break meaning that they had to play the last 4 songs with only a rhythm guitar. I wanted to leave early by the end and was well pleased that I got the ticket for free and didn't spend 90 bucks on it.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
****, really?

I went last night because I got given a free ticket and I thought it would be fun for nostalgia sake as I used to be a fan a number of years ago and I don't mind While She Sleeps or Hands Like Houses.

It was probably the worst gig I've been to, so I probably should be in that thread. The actual stage show and gimmicks were reasonably entertaining but his voice was just awful and most of the new songs are dreadful. This was after the lead guitarist from WSS had his amp break meaning that they had to play the last 4 songs with only a rhythm guitar. I wanted to leave early by the end and was well pleased that I got the ticket for free and didn't spend 90 bucks on it.

Oli's voice isn't what it used to be, granted. But I still enjoyed it on Sunday Night. Maybe the performance on the second night wasn't as good as the first?

I thought HLH and WSS were good too, although the girl in front of me complained a lot about WSS.

saintal

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Adel, Portland, QPR, Penrith
Saw Explosions in the Sky last night. Certainly one of the best gigs I’ve witnessed. Been a fan for 15 years or so, great to finally see them come to Adelaide.

The Only Moment We Were Alone as a closer was the highlight. :thumbsu:

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Saw Explosions in the Sky last night. Certainly one of the best gigs I’ve witnessed. Been a fan for 15 years or so, great to finally see them come to Adelaide.

The Only Moment We Were Alone as a closer was the highlight. :thumbsu:
Did they end it where they all jumped in the air and everything just stopped? That was phenomenal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back