Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Amity Affliction, PVRIS, Beartooth & Make Them Suffer tomorrow night

picked up a ticket to The Dillinger Escape Plan last ever tour later this year too

Tomorrow night will be good.

I'm not going but I really rate Beartooth and I just started giving PVRIS a shot and am quite impressed by them tbh.

Unpopular opinion and I really couldn't tell you why, but I have just never been able to get into Amity Affliction. They're one of the most popular but something about them just doesn't do it for me.

Not fussed by Make Them Suffer.

Enjoy it!

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Tomorrow night will be good.

I'm not going but I really rate Beartooth and I just started giving PVRIS a shot and am quite impressed by them tbh.

Unpopular opinion and I really couldn't tell you why, but I have just never been able to get into Amity Affliction. They're one of the most popular but something about them just doesn't do it for me.

Not fussed by Make Them Suffer.

Enjoy it!

haha i like old amity much more than the new stuff. really looking forward to PVRIS. beartooth could take or leave but hopefully they are good live. make them suffer do well live actually but they aren't normally my cup of tea. should be a good night anyhow

I'm also not a big fan of Amity. It's the split singing that does it for me. Nothing wrong with having a clean singer and a screamer/growler, but their clean vocals sound like they wouldn't be out of place in a cheesy pop song from a 90s boy band. While I don't mind cheesy 90s boy bands, it just seems so weird and out of place in their songs and is too cringeworthy for me to enjoy.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I'm also not a big fan of Amity. It's the split singing that does it for me. Nothing wrong with having a clean singer and a screamer/growler, but their clean vocals sound like they wouldn't be out of place in a cheesy pop song from a 90s boy band. While I don't mind cheesy 90s boy bands, it just seems so weird and out of place in their songs and is too cringeworthy for me to enjoy.

Not a fan of Pittsburgh? (album and song)

Don't Lean On Me is also awesome

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Amity's sound last night was s**t. mistake going with only one guitar now... was way too thin. poor mixing overall didn't help. only positives were joel sounded the best i've heard him live (which isn't saying much) and ahren did much more backing vox than i've seen as well.

PVRIS were the best band of the night, sounded fantastic. too bad the crowd didnt really get it - they were the outlier band tho so was expected.

bBeartooth were meh, weren't helped by a really muddled mix. Make Them Suffer were good again.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Saw Red Red Krovvy on the weekend in a place that was pretty much someone's house. 3 piece punk band with a lead singer who is very fit and can really wail.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good night at the Gasometer last night.

The band room upstairs was tiny and I reckon there was about 50 people in there, but some gigs you go to are big, some are small.

Waax put on an awesome show and given how small the gig was, they were in the crowd and were able to chat with fans. I met the front woman Marie DeVita and she was really nice.

My only complaint is that it was really dark on stage where the band were playing, so on my Snapchat story you can see f**k all :( now I'll probably get people shooting me down saying I shouldn't have been Snapchatting anyway :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Amity's sound last night was s**t. mistake going with only one guitar now... was way too thin. poor mixing overall didn't help. only positives were joel sounded the best i've heard him live (which isn't saying much) and ahren did much more backing vox than i've seen as well.

PVRIS were the best band of the night, sounded fantastic. too bad the crowd didnt really get it - they were the outlier band tho so was expected.

bBeartooth were meh, weren't helped by a really muddled mix. Make Them Suffer were good again.
Joel and Ahren... I hate metal because it has soft utensil blokes with tough stickers singing like they're so hardcore. * me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Grinners in Perth tonight!

Got a spare ticket if anyone is chasing one

Remove this Banner Ad