Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone please tell me what time Macca took the stage last night (ie. when should I get there tonight)?

Cheers!

No support act. Came on around 8.10 finished around 11.10. Packed night, no intermissions.

Food and drink hopeless to buy. Ladies toilets queues for miles (as usual), luckily not my problem.

It was chaos around that precinct, traffic was a disaster all round Melbourne, gridlocked and I moved less than a klm in an hour around Festival Hall.

Leaving was hopeless too. MCG and Etihad don't have this problem of clearing crowds, I don't think it's a very well designed stadium. Also saw the Foo Fighters there, thankfully the sound was much better than that night which was one of the worst I've experienced.

Apart from that, all the parts involving Sir Paul made for one of the great nights of my life :D

No support act. Came on around 8.10 finished around 11.10. Packed night, no intermissions.

Food and drink hopeless to buy. Ladies toilets queues for miles (as usual), luckily not my problem.

It was chaos around that precinct, traffic was a disaster all round Melbourne, gridlocked and I moved less than a klm in an hour around Festival Hall.

Leaving was hopeless too. MCG and Etihad don't have this problem of clearing crowds, I don't think it's a very well designed stadium. Also saw the Foo Fighters there, thankfully the sound was much better than that night which was one of the worst I've experienced.

Apart from that, all the parts involving Sir Paul made for one of the great nights of my life :D
Legend! Thanks mate.

Tip if anyone is going tonight: If you want a beer, go to the bar behind the stage. No queue last night at a time when the others were backed up for miles. There's also toilets around there that were literally empty when I went about 30 minutes before the show started.

Normally very anti cover bands but looking forward to the Record Club's take on Exile on Main Street in Freo this Thursday. Greg Hitchcock and that guy was in the clash for 5 minutes among others in the band.

Muse tomorrow night!
Was a pretty sick gig. First time I have seen Muse live and I must say they are up there with some of the best bands I have sen live. The sound live is better than on their cds imo.

Up there as far as live sound/performance goes with Metallica, Roger Waters, Janes Addiction and Tool

Was a pretty sick gig. First time I have seen Muse live and I must say they are up there with some of the best bands I have sen live. The sound live is better than on their cds imo.

Up there as far as live sound/performance goes with Metallica, Roger Waters, Janes Addiction and Tool
They were brilliant. Highlights for me were Psycho (so much better live), Take a Bow, Stockholm Syndrome and of course Knights. Only seen them twice and both times lost my mind in Knights, great song live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were brilliant. Highlights for me were Psycho (so much better live), Take a Bow, Stockholm Syndrome and of course Knights. Only seen them twice and both times lost my mind in Knights, great song live.
Yeah knights was great. Plug in baby & Psycho were highlights. But there honestly wouldnt have been a bad song

What was with all the intermission type sonfs without Matt Bellamy? Is that common for their shows?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah knights was great. Plug in baby & Psycho were highlights. But there honestly wouldnt have been a bad song

What was with all the intermission type sonfs without Matt Bellamy? Is that common for their shows?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's common for their shows on this tour but in the past - no.

About the 5th time for me. Great live show. Take a Bow a pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting it. Highlights for me were the usual suspects: Hysteria, Knights, Stockholm Syndrome, Take a Bow, Plug In Baby. I live in hope of seeing them do Micro Cuts again, but I fear its not going to happen. Supremacy another great live track I thought they might have done

Oh, and Nothing But Thieves were pretty awesome too I thought

Only got a couple booked in at the moment.

Angel Olsen at Fremantle Arts Centre - 18th March
Squeeze at Astor Theatre - 1st May

I'm far too old to be still going to music festivals but that didn't stop me going to Falls on the weekend in Freo.

There is nothing about a festival for a music lover like myself that should make it work.

The tickets are expensive, the drinks are overpriced, your favourite band doesn't play for long enough, it's too hot during the day, it's too cold at night,

its too windy all of the time, the sound is problematic, there is a queue for the drinks and for the dunny, there's too many people and a lot of them smell (badly).

In spite of everything, I had the greatest time, people gathered together determined to have a good time can overcome all of the above. Singing along together with all the millennials to Liam Gallagher and Wonderwall is another festival experience I won't forget.

Check out the photos on the Falls Festival facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/castawaypics/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1422910187834457
https://www.facebook.com/pg/castawaypics/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1422910187834457
One word - Joy.

Thanks Falls.

Parcels last night were pretty awesome!
Seeing them in Brissy tonight! Have heard they put on a good live show.

How many support acts did they have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back