Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
Angie McMahon last night at Torquay Hotel.
She is brilliant, but wasn't help by an appalling venue, grossly overcrowded and with bad background noise from a lot of punters who kept talking (very loudly) at the side of the room. Message to them - you either come to a gig or you come to a pub - take your conversation outside next time, hey.

MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
Nas/Lauryn Hill this coming week. Currently holding tickets for both shows, but intending to offload the Wednesday ones.
Cockney Rejects Feb 21
Eminem Feb 24

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone go to Laneway? Wasn't that amped for it but ended up being probably the best day festival i've been too. Miss the old venue (footscray arts centre) but the scheduling was so good. Saw Mansion air, Baker Boy, Rex orange county, Masego, Denzel Curry, Methyl Ethel, Cosmos Midnight, Crooked Colours and Jon Hopkins.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Anyone go to Laneway? Wasn't that amped for it but ended up being probably the best day festival i've been too. Miss the old venue (footscray arts centre) but the scheduling was so good. Saw Mansion air, Baker Boy, Rex orange county, Masego, Denzel Curry, Methyl Ethel, Cosmos Midnight, Crooked Colours and Jon Hopkins.
I did but I saw none of those acts incidentally. Regret seeing Camp Cope instead of Methyl Ethyl.

Basically went to see Parquet Courts, missed them at the Croxton. Courtney Barnett and Gang of Youths were great.

last saw them circa 2010 i think. they weren't bad but sam had lost his voice. have come along hugely over the past few years! shame its not for 6 months
I've never seen them before so I'm pretty amped. I listened to their old albums at the time but for whatever reason they didn't quite grab me and then recently went back to re-listen to Lost Forever and loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Saw Cat Power last night. 4th time I have seen her and similar to each of the others. Great musicians, incredible voice, great songs... but Chan's anxiety issues stop her from really giving it her all. The first 4 or 5 songs were played in almost total darkness. The first 10 songs were all of a similar tempo until they upped it half way through the gig. It was a very good gig, but not great. The sum of all the parts didn't quite add up. I feel for her and her issues, but not sure that I would go and see her again.

Had tickets for Julia Jacklin and Julien Baker, but cancelled now Julien Baker has pulled out. I was leaning towards still going, but was going in a group and most wanted out.

Got tickets to see Elton John on his farewell tour. Elton was the first concert that I attended in 1980, so fond memories. His voice was incredible back then and not so much nowadays, but going along with a couple of sisters and really looking forward to it.

Will get tickets for James Morrison and Kurt Elling later today.

Saw Cat Power last night. 4th time I have seen her and similar to each of the others. Great musicians, incredible voice, great songs... but Chan's anxiety issues stop her from really giving it her all. The first 4 or 5 songs were played in almost total darkness. The first 10 songs were all of a similar tempo until they upped it half way through the gig. It was a very good gig, but not great. The sum of all the parts didn't quite add up. I feel for her and her issues, but not sure that I would go and see her again.

Had tickets for Julia Jacklin and Julien Baker, but cancelled now Julien Baker has pulled out. I was leaning towards still going, but was going in a group and most wanted out.

Got tickets to see Elton John on his farewell tour. Elton was the first concert that I attended in 1980, so fond memories. His voice was incredible back then and not so much nowadays, but going along with a couple of sisters and really looking forward to it.

Saw Cat Power last week, thought similar to you but didn't think it took too much away from the performance. The set she did was a lot more upbeat than I thought it would be which was good. One lady dancing at the front started a (tame) mosh pit haha, was great.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos

I've been burned twice by good ol Catpower and couldn't be arsed paying money again.

Saw the Fannies the other week. Always a great gig and didn't seem that lost within Mr Love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back