Your upcoming gigs

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m happy that the National postponed to a set date, but while December seems a long way off, the talk now is that travel restrictions could be in place for six months or more. Still probably up in the air.

Safe to say stand-up comedian Daniel Sloss won’t be coming over in May either.

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In regards to Iron Maiden, they really should be offering the refunds now and not making people wait for new release dates.

Mr_Bojangles

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Postponing makes a lot more sense. Saves the time and hassle for both punter and promoter to refund all tickets all at once. Putting it to a later date means a minority will ask for their money back.

Mate missed out on Billy Bragg tickets and will get some now. Small blessings etc.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not confident that any shows, rescheduled or otherwise will go ahead in 2020, especially where they involve international artists.I suspect the borders will remain closed until such a time that a vaccine is ready. Even if they do open, I think the 2 week isolation isn't going anywhere, so that's a burden I don't think many bands are willing/able to deal with.

Sad to say, but I reckon it'll be an international gig free rest of 2020

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder if the lack of gigs for this year means there will be double the bands touring next year and will a city like Melbourne have enough venues to cover all of them?

Marmozet

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will Hella Mega Tour in November be postponed? I'm thinking so because international borders might still be shut then and it's at Marvel which holds 50,000 and a mass gathering that large might not be allowed just yet.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The National rescheduled to December. I doubt international travel will be back by then, nor will gatherings of several thousand be allowed. They will either have to reschedule again or cancel :(

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Not confident that any shows, rescheduled or otherwise will go ahead in 2020, especially where they involve international artists.I suspect the borders will remain closed until such a time that a vaccine is ready. Even if they do open, I think the 2 week isolation isn't going anywhere, so that's a burden I don't think many bands are willing/able to deal with.

Sad to say, but I reckon it'll be an international gig free rest of 2020
Sadly that seems likely

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Iron Maiden has been cancelled, the money should automatically go back on the card you used within the next 20 days.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Saw an email that a Perth show for The Crystal Method had been rescheduled to December. Just saw and tickets are on sale. Surely it’s speculation at best that big enough gatherings will be allowed by then and whether international travel will be back at all. Seems dodgy to be selling tickets under the circumstances.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Saw an email that a Perth show for The Crystal Method had been rescheduled to December. Just saw and tickets are on sale. Surely it’s speculation at best that big enough gatherings will be allowed by then and whether international travel will be back at all. Seems dodgy to be selling tickets under the circumstances.
There's heaps of bands doing the same thing though. They must have had a guarantee from the government

blackshadow

Premium Gold
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Team WADA
I very much doubt that. I've expecting that an touring act from overseas that has rescheduled for later this year will almost certainly rescheduling again. It's all about keeping the money in the pockets of promoters and ticket vendors.
Reschedules and cancellations do anything but keep money in the hands of promoters and ticket vendors.

BEaston

Hungry
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cancellations sure, but I was referring to rescheduling only. In rescheduling where refunds aren't offered, the money certainly isn't going to either the band or the punters.
Why wouldn't it go to the band if they've already been paid? Same regarding venue bookings. Also promoters would have lost a fair bit on marketing, etc.

Don't think it would be all kept in the promoters pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad