JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Did anybody go and see Bob Dylan ? I was tempted but been disappointed by him in recent years and decided not to go.

From the reviews, sounds like I dodged a bullet !

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
make them suffer with silent planet & some other muppets at the corner on the 19th. should go alright

Oceans Ate Alaska are one of the supporting bands for that gig.

I don’t mind them, not big enough of a fan to go see them and I don’t like the screaming in their music but they’re still alright.

‘Clocks’ is a good song by them, minus the very high-pitched screaming in it.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Did anybody go and see Bob Dylan ? I was tempted but been disappointed by him in recent years and decided not to go.

From the reviews, sounds like I dodged a bullet !

Bitten too many times so didn't bother. Divided opinion. I know he's 'reinterpreting' his songs but I just think he also has nothing but contempt for his audiences these days.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Oceans Ate Alaska are one of the supporting bands for that gig.

I don’t mind them, not big enough of a fan to go see them and I don’t like the screaming in their music but they’re still alright.

‘Clocks’ is a good song by them, minus the very high-pitched screaming in it.

checked them out but not my thing at all. watched the footy for a while longer instead. Silent Planet were not as good live as i was expecting, they were ok. MTS always good, mixing wasnt the best though.

no more gigs on the horizon for me, hopefully something pops up

MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
Now added The The in early October and the Cockney Rejects in February. Don't even like the latter much, but going for a lads night out with some mates who are fans.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Going to see Clare Bowen in September. I don't watch Nashville, but I went to The Grand Ole Opry a couple of years back when she happened to be playing. She was incredible. Great voice and terrific entertainer.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Sick! I'm seeing them in a couple of weeks. They are ridiculously good live but they had only released 2 songs when I saw them previously so I reckon with the crowd knowing their full catalogue now, they'll be even better!
Yeah i saw them at Splendour and they were pretty amazing. I'm quite partial to one of the supports in Eliott who incidently has only released a couple songs but i reckon she could become a lot more popular if/when she releases an album.

Aug 7, 2008
Rooty Hill
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Reading,Angels,Blue Sox,T.I.S.M.
youandme.jpg

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Got QOTSA next week, and Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever in a month and a half. Looking forward to that one, the corner has a lot of happy memories for me but i unfortunately haven't been there in years
I also intend to head along to Gizzfest in December

Back