Your upcoming gigs

Saw Drake last night.

It was alright but take away the effects and gloss, it was just him running around to a backing track singing parts of the song.

Worked his gigs...glorified karaoke singer. Where are the instruments?? :drunk:

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Nick Cave - Evening of talk and music in January. This was posted on FB today. It was Nick Cave answering a question about the death of his son. I think we are in for quite an evening.

45215933_10155993546339077_17386667564335104_n.jpg

Also just bought tickets to a couple of Perth Festival gigs.

Cat Power
Julien Baker and Julia Jacklin

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Is this a place to promote our own gigs?

If so, tomorrow night, free entry at Adelaide's Crown and Anchor with Melbourne band The Deadlips, we're on at 9 :)
I've wondered about that.

I do not play in any band but do work at a lot of gr8 concerts, if I've posted in the wrong place, sorry!.

I've liked that OS artists have to feature an Aussie in their concerts.

Always going to promote Aussie artists, all the best for your gig.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Superjesus tonight. Always had a giant soft spot for them since my halcyion days and Sumo was a great album, although Jet Age has my favourite SJ song on it, probably 2 favourites actually in Everything Turns and Everybody Calls Me Lonely

Last edited:

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nick Cave - Evening of talk and music in January. This was posted on FB today. It was Nick Cave answering a question about the death of his son. I think we are in for quite an evening.

View attachment 581097

Also just bought tickets to a couple of Perth Festival gigs.

Cat Power
Julien Baker and Julia Jacklin
How much were tickets? I didn't see he was going to Perth, coulda got some for the old man, I'm more interested in him as a person than his music weirdly enough so would have been quite the eve.

I might go see Beach House for the festival, never been to any event there, the arts s**t in Perth shits me to tears. So hard to navigate it when you're paying $12 for a beer in a 300ml plastic cup. How's the stage?

Oh **** yes Jesus and Mary Chain are coming in March
Saw them at V Fest in Melbourne in 2008 and they were amazing.
What was V Festival like? Had some dece bands I see. I had an obsession with defunct music festivals for a while. Is this the year The Rakes played?

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
Silent Alarm

V Fest was awesome, great atmosphere, really friendly crowd and a brilliant line-up. The only bummer of the day was the crowd during Air, all selfies and pushing in. Luckily the Air set was excellent. I got out of the crowd and stood back after 5 minutes.
I didn't see The Rakes because they were on the same time as Roisin Murphy, who I adore.
I saw Cut Copy, Roisin Murphy, Modest Mouse (with the divine Johnny Marr), Air, Jesus and Mary Chain, Duran Duran and Smashing Pumpkins.

I also went to a mini sideshow in Adelaide in 2007 and saw Gnarls Barkley, Groove Armada and the Pet Shop Boys. Groove Armada and Pet Shop Boys were both amazing. I stupidly didn't go to the one with Pixies, Jarvis Cocker, Phoenix and New York Dolls because I had previously seen Jarvis and New York Dolls. Major gig regret.

Shout back if you want more info. I probably still have the V festival guide somewhere.

Cosmic Psychos on Melbourne Cup Day. It will be glorious.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Better than watching a horse race
Psychos still ******* ruling! Sensational afternoon.

Very impressed by Civic who were one of the supports - great old school twin guitar rock.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
How much were tickets? I didn't see he was going to Perth, coulda got some for the old man, I'm more interested in him as a person than his music weirdly enough so would have been quite the eve.

I might go see Beach House for the festival, never been to any event there, the arts s**t in Perth shits me to tears. So hard to navigate it when you're paying $12 for a beer in a 300ml plastic cup. How's the stage?

Pretty sure that Nick Cave has sold out. It was about $90 per ticket I think.

I have only been to one gig since the festival has moved to Elizabeth Quay. Similar to when it was on the Esplanade, or in Northbridge. Temporary seats. I don't really drink much so buying a beer before a gig starts and maybe buying one during a break isn't too difficult.

Back