Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Far out, I love my music but just don’t get to stay on top of touring bands with two young kids. Would love to see most of those. Won’t be able to but reckon I have to get National tickets.
I don’t have kids so that helps but even if I did, I’m sure my folks would babysit. I don’t like staying at home all the time either so I relish the chance to see acts. I used to watch far more local acts but couldn’t tell you many of them now plus I am finding it harder to keep up with new acts across the globe. I’m starting to feel like Principal Skinner 😂

Foals
Catfish and the bottlemen
Snow patrol acoustic
The National /Phoebe Bridgers
Childish gambino

All within next six months or so
Bought your tickets to The National?

I jumped on when they went on sale this morning and couldn't get any tickets in the orchestra section at The Palais, were they even on sale?

I don’t have kids so that helps but even if I did, I’m sure my folks would babysit. I don’t like staying at home all the time either so I relish the chance to see acts. I used to watch far more local acts but couldn’t tell you many of them now plus I am finding it harder to keep up with new acts across the globe. I’m starting to feel like Principal Skinner 😂
You've got to know when to cash in on those babysitting chips and when to hold them. Shows like Foals and Catsfish would be nice but not must-haves for me. But the National, who knows how long they will continue on, when they will come to Perth again. Tickets have been purchased.

You've got to know when to cash in on those babysitting chips and when to hold them. Shows like Foals and Catsfish would be nice but not must-haves for me. But the National, who knows how long they will continue on, when they will come to Perth again. Tickets have been purchased.

Good call. We use our babysitting credits very carefully. My wife and I often go to gigs separately with other friends, or alone. Save the credits for can't miss gigs, like The National. They were fantastic last time they played The Arts Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beartooth (w/ Thornhill & Windwaker) this Friday at the Corner Hotel

So this was pretty sick!

Windwaker up first really got the crowd going and I went in the circle pit around the pole during their set. I met their singer out the back after their set too.

Thornhill didn’t really do much for me but the rest of the crowd seemed to enjoy them. I met one of them outside after the show as well. They’re on their way to big things I reckon.

Beartooth were great. I jumped around a lot and screamed so many lyrics at the top of my lungs and I couldn’t help but enter the mosh pit for their last song, and I’m not much of a mosher.

Hugh Jackman with Mum (she has pretty full dementia now but still loves to sing so I hope she likes it)
Alex Lloyd doing full Black the Sun, still one of my faves, love all the songs on it
Boom Crash Opera doing These Here are Crazy Times, should be fun, can't believe it has been out for 30 years

So some nostalgia for me, should be fun

My wife got her standing days ago because u2.com members were the first presale. There is an annual fee to be a member. She wasn't a member so was part of the second group that paid for membership after the tour was announced.

Getting tickets nowadays can be a logistical nightmare.

Was told that standing tickets are now back on sale in Melbourne. Too late - wife taking son across to Adelaide to see the show there now and catch up with old friends.

Was told that standing tickets are now back on sale in Melbourne. Too late - wife taking son across to Adelaide to see the show there now and catch up with old friends.
Speaking of Adelaide, who planned for KISS and U2 to be on the same night? :straining:

Saw Cog and Childish Gambino recently. Both put on a great show, but Gambino was something else. Great presence. Hilltop next month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back