Other Your USA/NFL Trip in Pictures

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Audubon
Some cities are so underrated

I was in Atlanta in two stints
First stint was 4 days, the second 2

Was occupied every day and I didn't even check out Coca-Cola world, Olympic site etc.

Atlanta and Boston kept me occupied nonstop, and boise is such a charming place I could enjoy a day just at a Caremark and enjoying the views of the mountain ranges.

That's fair. I was only in Atlanta for a couple of days and there was heaps to do and should've planned for more time there but was pretty frustrated by the sprawl. Same with Houston and Dallas, but Atlanta is much better than those two.

New Orleans was so easy to explore by foot or a short Uber. Same for Savannah, Nashville and San Antonio, which I really enjoyed all of them.

Anything in NO to check out specifically? There in a few months..

New Orleans is very different. There really isn't a heap of set "things to do" landmarks like Atlanta for example. I just really enjoyed being rudderless and wandering the streets and finding random galleries, performances, bars, cafes.

Magazine Street from French Quarter to Audubon Park. You can pick or choose where looks good for you as it is quite long. There's a street car that runs down St Charles to Audubon Park, which is the better end of Magazine imo.

Go up to Treme and take that in and go to a jazz bar and get some soul food while you're there. We kept it simple by going to Willie Mae's Scotch House. It's great. Do plan your route though as it gets rough very fast if you take the wrong turn in Treme.

Bywater is very different to Treme. Hipsters have definitely taken over so if you hate that stay away but it was a great change of pace for me with a heap of transplants moving there to try something new. Great stories to be had.

I really enjoyed just wandering around and seeing what came at me, whether that was just appreciating historic houses and art in neighbourhoods, street performances, talking to locals about how they got here to do what they're doing and eating awesome food (have the Gumbo) and finding great music. So yeah, maybe I'm a little weird but that's me.

WW2 Museum is very good. Save it for a rainy day.

Anything in NO to check out specifically? There in a few months..
I did a swamp tour on a fan boat when I was there.

If you go in winter you won't see many alligators though. Still pretty cool.

A few years ago now. 2012 to be exact.

Back when the 49ers were flying and Candlestick Park was still floating around

49ers 27 - Dolphins 13

Got pretty hammered and stoned with some black guys and a Mexican at the tail gate party before the game. See picture number 2 for the instigator.

Even had Jordan Sparks for half time entertainment. The mrs was happy with this. Me, i was glad I was stoned!

Good times!
300954_10151185966098008_1066559167_n.jpg

481559_10151185966228008_1329986633_n.jpg

386055_10151185966738008_423280267_n.jpg

382134_10151185966938008_1974124652_n.jpg

154992_10151185967093008_889124358_n.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures mofo

Finally able.

As mentioned great time had. Great atmosphere with the Who Dat chants, the Saints dominating the game and the Jameis scuffle on the sideline.

Midday game start was a challenge after a 29 hour flight transit arriving the evening before but nothing that a Bloody Mary and classic southern breakfast at Ruby Slipper couldn't fix and then to the Champions Square pregame outside the Superdome. We arrived at 10:30am and it was already in full swing with a band going and drinks flowing. It was 30+ degrees so thankful for the roof and the entire stadium is great. Enjoyed being on the top level. Was really great to watch plays and routes unfold. Hopefully will make it back again as had a great time with the locals. Super friendly, even to the poor Bucs fans from start to finish who had a depressing day.

a33e8dfd45b77ac913571d5d7842fc6f.jpg

ef999d5edf2e4c093b061aae12437bc5.jpg

eab221c6fd0e70ed77ef9b9676b3e500.jpg

c9d565a884816705df9f38188bb1dedd.jpg

1022c6b80bb50a14412584d4069d67d1.jpg

369dd078e1a2d4685f30efe8b6b82a80.jpg

Few pics from my latest trip to see the Raiders get stomped on by the Chargers.

20171231_113449_zpsy66xmqqs.jpg

With Scott Winter, the reporter (and friend of mine) who broke the Jon Gruden to the Raiders story before Schefter & Mortensen did.

20171231_130426_zpshxqgchvb.jpg

20171231_115420_zpsoa0fbgyb.jpg

20171231_120632_zpsfpqugudo.jpg

Happy New Year from Mark and I

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday team, didn't want to start a new thread, so thought here would be a good place to ask,

Im heading over on the 9th November to see Dallas vs Vikings on the 11th and then Rams vs Chicago the next week , will be doing Vegas in between

Has anyone got any good hotel tips for Dallas and the same again a decent hotel close by the colosseum in LA

Any other good tips, must see things to do in dallas?

Any advice is much appreciated

Gday team, didn't want to start a new thread, so thought here would be a good place to ask,

Im heading over on the 9th November to see Dallas vs Vikings on the 11th and then Rams vs Chicago the next week , will be doing Vegas in between

Has anyone got any good hotel tips for Dallas and the same again a decent hotel close by the colosseum in LA

Dallas @ Vikings?

What are your plans for Dallas? The stadium is about 30 minutes by car from downtown and has no direct public transport. If your only going to Dallas for the game your best bet is to stay in Arlington. Otherwise stay in downtown Dallas but you'll need to work out how your getting to the stadium. I had a car when I was in Dallas so I'm not sure what the best options are getting to Jerry's world.

What are your plans for Dallas? The stadium is about 30 minutes by car from downtown and has no direct public transport. If your only going to Dallas for the game your best bet is to stay in Arlington. Otherwise stay in downtown Dallas but you'll need to work out how your getting to the stadium. I had a car when I was in Dallas so I'm not sure what the best options are getting to Jerry's world.

yep flying in on Friday the 8th so will have sat the 9th to explore and the game is on sunday the 10th. Fly to Vegas on the 11th.

I have absolutely zero plans except for going to the game at this stage. I was thinking about on the sat morning going out to the Star (dallas training facility) and then out for beers on the sat night somewhere? Any suggestion(s) are appreciated, thats very handy info about staying in arltington I wasn't aware there was no public transport

yep flying in on Friday the 8th so will have sat the 9th to explore and the game is on sunday the 10th. Fly to Vegas on the 11th.

I have absolutely zero plans except for going to the game at this stage. I was thinking about on the sat morning going out to the Star (dallas training facility) and then out for beers on the sat night somewhere? Any suggestion(s) are appreciated, thats very handy info about staying in arltington I wasn't aware there was no public transport

When I mean no public transport I mean nothing quick and direct. That's what happens when cities handle there own money. You also realise the Cowboys training facility is in Frisco that is about 40mins north of Dallas by car. Again traveling without a car becomes time consuming.

In Dallas you can go to where JFK was shot but if you want to enter the museum based in the building where the alleged shooter shot him from you can only purchase the tickets online. There is a six flags theme park in Arlington that is within walking distance of the stadium. As for bars Dallas and Arlington have plenty of good stuff But you will probably find them dead on a weekend in Dallas or on non game days in Arlington. If in Texas you gotta have BBQ and in Dallas Pecan Lodge is the place that gets rave reviews from the locals and people who know there BBQ.

When I mean no public transport I mean nothing quick and direct. That's what happens when cities handle there own money. You also realise the Cowboys training facility is in Frisco that is about 40mins north of Dallas by car. Again traveling without a car becomes time consuming.

In Dallas you can go to where JFK was shot but if you want to enter the museum based in the building where the alleged shooter shot him from you can only purchase the tickets online. There is a six flags theme park in Arlington that is within walking distance of the stadium. As for bars Dallas and Arlington have plenty of good stuff But you will probably find them dead on a weekend in Dallas or on non game days in Arlington. If in Texas you gotta have BBQ and in Dallas Pecan Lodge is the place that gets rave reviews from the locals and people who know there BBQ.

mate this is all gold information, thank you very much.

Yep, stay in Arlington.

That's what we did. Most nearby hotels will have a shuttle bus to the stadium for a few dollars.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back