Your Username

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

What does it mean?

After seeing the username bugeyz it got me wondering about the origins of the usernames of our regular posters.

So do tell.

Fun topic for the off week of the split round. :)

While my username has served as a good double-meaning on this site from time to time towards me, it's actually a tribute to one of Sam Newman's best-known catch phrases from the early days of "The Footy Show".

A tribute to Sam, as a 300-game veteran of the Geelong Football Club... simple as that.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Mine is named after Selma's pet iguana in The Simpsons .
Buggered if I know why I came up with that.

Every bloody time i see your name i get Selma's voice in my head.

My username is a song from Notorious B.I.G .

When i first came here, i only thought i would be posting the once, so i went with the name of the song i happened to be listening to at the time.

16,000 posts later, i still have the name.

I actually was going to change my username at the end of last year, then they made me a moderator, making changing my username a pain in the arse.

Stuck with it, sadly.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
The name has stuck so badly that my brother calls me "Jubs" when I speak to him on the phone.

Do you then call him Harry?

I get a derivation of my Cats Claw username all the time, but that's moreso because it's been my nickname for a long time amongst friends.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
My username is a song from Notorious B.I.G .

When i first came here, i only thought i would be posting the once, so i went with the name of the song i happened to be listening to at the time.

The song isn't actually called phat and phreaky though, is it?

My name, as I have described a few times, came from the Wheel of Time book series, and is the name used to describe the "evil force".

I found a couple of sites, because I knew "Shaitan" was actually an accepted word in English meaning: In the Middle and Far East: the Devil, Satan; an evil spirit; transf. an evilly disposed, vicious, or cunning person or animal. Also, a dust-storm.

And further research brought me to this website.

Oh how i wish I could change my nick.

Scouse or scouser is a term relating to Liverpool, my soccer team, and Cat refers of course to the Geelong Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Catman

It was inspired though by a racehorse of the same name which was racing around the time I registered.

Not a bad little horse either. Think it was a Hennessy gelding who won a race out here at Sandown.

Quite an easy one to figure out this one. Dasher being my favourite player, just went with his nickname and number. Nothing to it really!!

well the story of how my nickname came about is intruiging to say the least..well its not actually. Catman was gone so i added nananana (as in nanananana batman!, like in the theme, or homer simpson nananana fishing, fishing, fishing) and hey presto nananana catman was born!

well i got mine when sum1 forgot my nickname and called me rizza but then is was too close to rissa short for carrissa then changed to rizzo

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Not a bad little horse either. Think it was a Hennessy gelding who won a race out here at Sandown.

Yep, he was from the first crop of Hennessy. Showed promise early on but gradually lost form and on last look, was racing in Adelaide late last year with little success in ordinary races.

My original nick name (hodge) came from high school which was a shortened version of my last name, then later on in high school i was known to do a few dodgy things and hence doddgyhodgy came about, and i have just stuck with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back