Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
And reasons

Mine would be:
5) Presti - Went to Brown in the 2nd when he looked as if he was gonna take us apart and held him markless until the last few minutes unsung hero
4) Fraser - Got better as the game went on to be the best of the on ballers/rucks, work rate was huge and gave us first use all game
3) Medhurst - Didn't do it all game but would have if not hurt. big of magic got us into the game.
2) Toovey - Hard at it all night, stopped his player and gave us good run and used it well, work rate again was great.
1) Barham - While his ball use wasn't great all night I though he was huge, work-rate and speed was good, 28 touches & 9 tackles, awesome base to start building on.

Unlucky was Pendlebury & (H)Aitch. O'Brien

mdc

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Jun 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
"Unlucky was Pendlebury" - yep, unlucky to the tune of 5 votes.

5. Pendlebury
4. Presti
3. Clarke
2. Cox
1. O'Brien

ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
And reasons

Mine would be:
5) Presti - Went to Brown in the 2nd when he looked as if he was gonna take us apart and held him markless until the last few minutes unsung hero
4) Fraser - Got better as the game went on to be the best of the on ballers/rucks, work rate was huge and gave us first use all game
3) Medhurst - Didn't do it all game but would have if not hurt. big of magic got us into the game.
2) Toovey - Hard at it all night, stopped his player and gave us good run and used it well, work rate again was great.
1) Barham - While his ball use wasn't great all night I though he was huge, work-rate and speed was good, 28 touches & 9 tackles, awesome base to start building on.

Unlucky was Pendlebury & (H)Aitch. O'Brien

There was a bloke who had 35 possies and approx 10 clearances and you could not fit him in.

My best were Obrien, pendles, medhurst, presti, fraser and clarke

apologies to bahram-great first game but with his skill errors if you dont take into account it was is first game you probably would find 7 or 8 better than him.
apologies to toovey, easily the best game he has played for the club
apologies to lockyer, hardly made a mistake all night

Bloody hell I enjoyed tonights game

the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
You have our two best players out of the votes....interesting.
Go and watch the replay, Presti kept Bradshaw goalless in the first, went onto Brown and kept him markless for the rest of the game apart from 2 very late.
Harry & Pendles were huge but IMO weren't in the top 5

Invigoration

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 19, 2005
Balls deep
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordy Russell's kickouts
5) Presti -> I thought he was brilliant after Brown looked like he could turn the game on it's head in the first quarter. He is playing hungry at the moment and I'm loving it.

4) O'Brien -> Monstered Bradshaw, he is an extremely good body player and he contests brilliantly when one out in the forward line and your heart is in your mouth.

3) Pendles -> He turned up the heat in the second half. Stoppage work was brilliant and his vision is seriously the best in the competition, he gets it in traffic and see's a bloke running past 3 postcodes away out of the side of his eye.

2) Cox -> Shows flair and confidence, kicking was top notch again, I'm loving this bloke more and more each week. He takes the game on, plays the corridors and easy afraid to break the game open. We should focus a lot of our zone breaking work on him, his kicking is long and penetrating.

1) O'Bree/Toovey -> Can't really spilt them. O'Brees gut running kept us in the game early, terrific around the stoppages and worked his butt off. Kicking is always questionable, but he was one of the sole reason we started to take control around the stuff in close.
Toovey smashed Johnson, he is our tagger no doubt. I'd play him all year from here, lock down roles. He can provide them run as well, just his kicking is cringe worthy.

Unlucky - > Medhurst turned the game in the third, real confidence player. Barham was good, his ball drop and grip is terrible though, also needs to lower his eyes instead of bombing it. Fraser was good again despite being smashed in the centre.

Philpie

Debutant
Feb 28, 2009
bass
AFL Club
Collingwood
5. Pendles -superb game,superb at the clearances,superb at finding space in close,if only he could kick those goals he so often misses .

4. lockyer -why this bloke isnt in all your votes I dont know. just kept racking up important possies all night, and didnt make mistakes.

3. medhurst - didak should sit down and watch the replay of this guy

2. presti - he might be as quiet as a church mouse ,but he's a damned fine fullback

1. fraser - another gritty game for josh, god I hope he remains injury free.

appologies to jaxon and tooves

Collingwoodrow

All Australian
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
5.) Medhurst - Without him we don't win that game. Am usually a wrap for blokes who contributed over 4 quarters but he was the difference between winning and losing.

4.) Fraser - Thought he battled manfully early despite giving away free kicks (probably should have received some too).......most dominant big man on the ground after quarter time (J. Brown).

3.) Pendlebury - Time in short space to create with hands and clear congested areas. Was the most dominant midfielder on the ground and unlike another mid taken at #1 in his draft....has a good defensive side to his game. Lacks some explosiveness which perhaps keeps him a little south of elite.

2.) Presti - Won some key one on one contests with Brown.....complete shutdown of Brown and Bradshaw when matched up. His attack on the football when he took out Rischitelli was superb.

1.) Lockyer - Worked tirelessly to find space, was efficient with his ball use and kicked goals this week when given the chance.

didaka

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran RIP Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2010 Player Sponsor
Jan 2, 2007
McCrae
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
London Silly Nannies
5. Prestigiacomo
4. O'Brien
3. Medhurst
2. Pendlebury
1. Lockyer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keele

Club Legend
Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2010 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 19, 2007
Abbot street entrance
AFL Club
Collingwood
5.Fraser... dominated the big man department
4.Pendles
3.Medders
2.Presti
1.Barham

My votes, and reason;

5. Pendles; Brilliant, clearly the best midfielder on ground
4. Fraser; Wood and Bryan might be delisted at this rate, why do we need another ruck?
3. Presti; Good old Presti, annoying the s**t out of opposition players and coaches alike
2. Thomas; Stopped Drummond, their no.1. playmaker, and the reason why they have improved, was almost the difference in the game
1. Medhurst; The spark in that third quarter, needs to be more selfish sometimes, couldve kicked 6.

Apologies to Clarke, Barham, O'bree and O'Brien.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I think i saw the game a bit differently to most.

5. Presti - Shutting down Jonathon Brown after quarter time won us the game.

4. Fraser - He was the dominant big man on the ground. Brown, Bradshaw, Rocca, Anthony and CLoke were all shut down. The wet conditions had a say. Fraser however played like a small, yet dominated the ruck. He is leading the copeland right now make no mistake about it.

3. O'Bree - Thought he was dominant all night around the clearances. Ran his guts out.

2. Pendles - Probably a bit low for some people liking, and im only just seeing the 10 clearances and 7 tackles he laid. I thought for a 35 disposal game, he could've been more influential. But then again 10 clearances is influential. I suppose im critical of him because i want to see him kicking goals and getting goal assists. I'd love him to start hitting targets over 40 metres as well.

1. Lockyer - Gets so much loose possession. But the fact is he works his guts off to get that possession. And he kicked a telling goal. Cant go past a guy when he has 14 marks in slippery conditions.

Very sorry to Harry and Barham.

Thought Cox was good.

Camo1902

All Australian
Jun 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian Cricket
5. Pendles -superb game,superb at the clearances,superb at finding space in close,if only he could kick those goals he so often misses .

4. lockyer -why this bloke isnt in all your votes I dont know. just kept racking up important possies all night, and didnt make mistakes.

3. medhurst - didak should sit down and watch the replay of this guy

2. presti - he might be as quiet as a church mouse ,but he's a damned fine fullback

1. fraser - another gritty game for josh, god I hope he remains injury free.

appologies to jaxon and tooves

I agree completely with these votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back