Your Wellness Nerd

Remove this Banner Ad

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If haven't already, do yourself a favor and give the Couch Stretch a go. This beauty is by far and away one of THE best and most useful stretches you can do! I challenge you not to feel better for it
🙂

Here's a more advanced version!

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ankles click for a variety of reasons, most of which are not serious. Clinically the overwhelming reason for ankles that click is the presence of basic mechanical dysfunction. Whether it be ankle stiffness, surrounding muscle and tendon tightness, fascial restrictions, etc. These issues force a change in the way the ankle moves and is used, causing the mechanical click we hear so often.

With this in mind, its important that we go after these mechanical issues in order to stop the ankle from clicking over time. There’s no evidence to suggest that clicking ankles lead to injury, but it is a strong sign that all is not working correctly in the area.

There are a number of simple exercises anyone can do that target the basic dysfunction associated with clicking ankles.

Here’s a video I put together for my patients that goes through some of these helpful tips!

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone suffering from some upper hamstring pain? Clinically, I find the majority of proximal hamstring injuries appear to be a consequence of low back dysfunction and also some hip dysfunction. Essentially, the body changes the way we load the hamstring in order to cope with this higher dysfunction. Therefore, any attempts to truly solve proximal hamstring issues needs a broader approach beyond the obvious things like hamstring strengthening, stretching, etc.

If it helps, I've put together a video for my patients with a few things to make sure are ticked off beyond the standard hamstring-specific exercises.
These simple ideas hope to address the hidden, underlying issues that may set your hamstring tendon up to become sore in the first place.

rogiebear93

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If haven't already, do yourself a favor and give the Couch Stretch a go. This beauty is by far and away one of THE best and most useful stretches you can do! I challenge you not to feel better for it
🙂

Here's a more advanced version!
A fantastic stretch and one I need to be doing more regularly. Absolute gem for people with sedentary and seated jobs.

sven_inc

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I spend a lot of time trying to give out advice but don't often ask what everyone is dealing with! I've created a YouTube AMA of sorts where I'd love to try and make my content as appropriate and helpful as possible.

If you have any specific questions about injuries, aches, pains, and dysfunctions - whether it be yours, someone you know, or someone from the AFL, please feel free to hop over and ask in the comment section of the video. Obviously, you can leave them here as well!

Remove this Banner Ad