Analysis Your worst call on BigFooty ( confession time )

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we’d definitely finish near the tail last season, and I’m sure I could dig up a few posts where a young Shane Edwards I just thought was a deer in the headlights.

Stand aside guys and girls 'cos here comes Jonno the true God of this thread.

-Thought Griffiths would be a gun
-Thought Dimma had no plan B
-Thought Cotchin was a soft captain, annnnd....

-Smirked at my Geelong friend when she whinged about Brad Ottens and said to her "Well he'll never win you a premiership."

-Three premierships later.....

Reckon I’ve laid claim to the absolute worst though, allowing my friends to organize a cruise over 12 months ago..... that leaves Sydney.... on....... Grand Final Day.
At the time probably around late June last year I was mortified saying to them all “you’re kidding! It’s looking like the tigers will be nearly around the mark then”, sort of hoping more than fully believing but nervous nonetheless. A few laughed ,and then my mates wife said “maybe you’ll win it this year instead!” ... we all laughed.
I have threatened to pay for a helicopter to drop me onto the boat from the G even. Then last year happened from that point on and it was so surreal that it just all felt scripted. I relaxed then content that i’d Gone and had one of the great days you could ever want, and if we happened to make it again well so be it I’ll just watch it on the boat as it sails off in the afternoon.
But now as the possible reality approaches nearer..... yeah not so much:(

Last edited:
You said _Wang_ was a good bloke.

And you were right.

Haere Ra

I feel sick reading that. _Wang_ can get ****ed. His dogs seem ok though.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Didn't think Rance would make it.
Didn't think Astbury would make it.
Didn't think Lambo would make it. Thought he was Mitch Farmer MkII.
Thought Butler was a dud that would never play a senior game.

Thought Tambling would be the next Andrew McLeod.
Thought CEllis would be a star.
Thought Troy Taylor had X factor.

I have got quite a few right, but it's not about that today.

TT had it in spades. That game vs Port where we were about to steam roll them before that free in our goal square showed it... too bad off field he was a mess.

if i skip the ones we've already covered, feels like my main problem has unrealistic optimistism about VFL players coming good and being the difference for our team.

Arnot, McDonagh, McBean, Webberley, Nason, Taylor, Helbig, Dea (great to see him getting some games), Ben Darrou, O'Hanlon. At some point, i've been confident each of those blokes were going to turn us around.

Gussy Graham, anyone?

Thought Chris Knights was the player we lacked but it didn't matter if he was injured because Dan Connors was just as good.

Rated the Kel Moore, Thursfield and McGuane backline as one of the better ones i'd seen (sadly, not really a "bad call". At the time, it was true...)

And the best saved for last, called Dusty a "liability" because of his lack of defensive efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**PS: How old is Richard Tambling these days?**

Tambling still plays pretty serviceable footy for the NT Thunder. They show their games on NITV. Better standard than anything involving Carlton this season.

It was last year.

"Gee Lads, I think phillyroo might be right"*

* may be 100% fabricated
I was wrong about trusting he would transfer money in my account as he promised.
Another error of judgement by me.

Now I know some of you will say my worst call was #eco but is it mere coincidence we won the flag after I started the movement? So for that guys and gals , you're welcome !!
Mine was along those lines.Last year i was out having some dinner on me meal break.So happens it was the day we played GWS up there.As we all know we again threw away the game for the 2nd week in a row.I stormed back upto work ran into a workmate and completely in a rage lost it.Told him thats it i,ve had enough of this club they can get stuffed etc etc etc.got onto facebook and more or less said the samething.History suggests i got it wrong.:D
(I keep telling my work mates i'm due for another melt this year.:D)

Mine was along those lines.Last year i was out having some dinner on me meal break.So happens it was the day we played GWS up there.As we all know we again threw away the game for the 2nd week in a row.I stormed back upto work ran into a workmate and completely in a rage lost it.Told him thats it i,ve had enough of this club they can get stuffed etc etc etc.got onto facebook and more or less said the samething.History suggests i got it wrong.:D
(I keep telling my work mates i'm due for another melt this year.:D)
We have all had those melts!! amazing though :p

Thought Prestia was an injury-prone plodder who can't kick. All that is true yet he proved vital for a flag and is doing it again as we try to go back-to-back.
And I thought pick 6 and $750k a year was way over price. But to win a flag is so difficult that it is worth any price you have to pay for a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back