Analysis Your worst call on BigFooty ( confession time )

Remove this Banner Ad

We have all had those melts!! amazing though :p
giphy.gif

I was happy when we appointed Terry Wallace. I thought we pulled off a real coup
It ended up a bit like T71 pulling off his micro penis. No one saw it coming.

What did I know back then? * all. Nothing has changed either.
At various times I wanted just about everyone sacked or traded. But I'm glad my constructive critiques eventuated in changing the culture of the club and Dimma took some time to reflect on what he was doing. So finally, I can take some credit for our success. A minor contribution but at least I can now claim to have been of some assistance. :D
That and the FTF which I suggested to Benny's PA. :thumbsu: and yes modesty is one of my many attributes. :p

Last year there was a Geelong vs ??? game where Dangerfield injured his leg.
It was diagnosed as a season-ending injury by the muppets in the commentary box, before Dangerfield moved forward and kicked 5 or so goals in a BOG performance.
I joked on Big Footy that I had quickly mortgaged the house and put it all on Dusty for the Brownlow ( based on the commentators verdict ) before his odds shortened, then realising that Dangerfield had another 3 votes and wasn't going to miss any games.

I wish I hadn't been joking.

I was a massive shedda fan and backed him for 6-7 years until about 4 years ago where I finally said nah * it, this guy will never be a player.

Thought Griff could’ve been anything and thought he’d be a star.

Wanted Dimma sacked before 2016, disliked the style he brought

Astbury - see comments on shedda

Vlaustin - too vanilla

LOL

Last edited:
I was rapt when we signed Greg Miller as our football manager believing he was going to have a big impact how wrong.I loved it when Miller was pushing for Wallace extention and March sacked him on the spot.

Genuinely believed Batchelor was the answer to releasing Floss to the midfield (where he belonged)...

Floss is an absolute bonafied star in the backline.

That's one of mine as well. I thought Batch was a 2-300 game solid back flanker who would probably wind up coaching the club. (And yes, 'Vlastuin should play in the mids!!!').

Have we de-listed that slug Astbury yet?:p:p:p

And while I was never on the Post, Mcbean or Gourdis bandwagons, (we all love a big lump of a lad), I thought Ben Elton was going to be the one.

That's one of mine as well. I thought Batch was a 2-300 game solid back flanker who would probably wind up coaching the club. (And yes, 'Vlastuin should play in the mids!!!').

Have we de-listed that slug Astbury yet?:p:p:p

And while I was never on the Post, Mcbean or Gourdis bandwagons, (we all love a big lump of a lad), I thought Ben Elton was going to be the one.

Ben Elton may still be the one but it was Tod Elton that played for us haha :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sack Dimma and get rid of Benny on eve of 2017 season.

Caddy is crap - turnover merchant.

Jack better than Nick.

One of em I still believe to be true but.

Worst call
Rang up and cancelled my auto renewal at end of 2016, said I wouldn’t pay money to see Hardwick coach and Cotch captain, said after so many years I had lost my will. Membership said it was sad and unfortunate but would cancel my auto renewal. I also cancelled my account in here, was full eco!

This is me, I thought by cancelling my auto renewel, it would be my own small way of a protest. But it was all about Dimma for me.

I am so rapt he realised how he ****ed things up, and learnt from it.

This is me, I thought by cancelling my auto renewel, it would be my own small way of a protest. But it was all about Dimma for me.

I am so rapt he realised how he ****** things up, and learnt from it.

So what did you get wrong?

BTW. Dimma tweaked his message a bit, but Nank, Caddy, Prestia, Graham, Townsend, Broad, Castagna, Butler etc had a fair say in it also.
Dimma took the rap but he didn’t change too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back