Your worst Football Injury/** Not an original MF Thread**

Remove this Banner Ad

My first game of under 18's i was running along the boundary, had the ball in front of me, bent down to pick it up and got bumped, sort of slipped too hit my right temple on the horizontal bar of the fence, neck snapped back and slammed into the concrete path that runs along the outside of the ground. At first (when i regained conciouness) i thought i had broken my neck because i couldn't feel anything. i fractured my neck, tore both my neck mucsles off the bone and had swelling on the brain. Was in hospital for 3 nights until the swelling went down and had 2 years out of the game. Headaches are still off and on. I still claim that it this injury is the reaosn why i failed year 12 maths!!!

I feel sick just thinking about that.

All I have to offer is a dislocated kneecap. After the initial shock of it happening I had to compose myself and put it back in - Darryn Cresswell style. Tore some cartlidge, but no other significant damage, except to my confidence. I started playing golf after that.

not really a footy injury but ill put it it..
mid feb last year..
was doing a couple of 50M sprints, and was into the second one when i heard a pop
walked to the end, and the teacher said id done a hip flexior
ended up on crutches the next day
and after a couple of weeks physio wasnt improving..
finally after an xray was diagnosed with a muscle tear on the tensor flacia latta.. muscle on the hip...
took ages to recover from, another xray and ultrasound and finally on quartazone drugs
didnt start up any typ of physcial exercise (other than walking) till about mid July :thumbsdown:

Just yesterday i was playing an under 16's practice match and i started the game off with the first two goals and set up quite a few... then with about 2 minutes left of the game playing forward pocket i ran up to meet the bouncing ball turned and handballed just as an opposition player tackled my front/side and managed to turn and throw me over his head...
then at least 2 minutes after that i was being walked off the ground by the water carrier after being knocked not having a clue what happened saying "nah i'm alrite" even though i couldn't walk straight... that is probably my worst injury but i have had other bad ones which i have said in this forum before

Hmm havent really had any big injuries in school footy when i was 10 an older kid slid and collided with my leg knocking me over everyone said they heard a big cracking noise got up and then looked down and there was a big dent in my leg, fractured the tibia (i think mayb it as fibia) nearly all the way tiny bit of bone holding it still and cracks up to my had a cast from toe to hip for a month and then one tomy knee for another 2 months.
Not sure what it was but a year ago on a cold day tried a shot at goal from just out of my usual kicking range and felt the inside of my thigh click, couldn't lift my leg more than a few cms , didn't miss any games but could only stab at the ball and couldn't kick more than 20ms which sucked.
Also had the od corky, fingers and last season would do an ankle nearly every game but just tie the boot up tight and get on with it.

Got something pretty wrong with my foot at the moment but dont know what it is. Hurts to move my ankle up or down and kicking the ball almost kills me.

really bad ache sort of pain in lower left part of my back at training i did a lap and after that i couldnt even jog I've got no idea what it's from it just started hurting i did lift a really heavy tv the other day though?

Im sure it has been stated before but mines osteitis pubis, if you get it severe enough it can serious affact your playing style of finish your career as surgery in most cases can lead to further problems if it doesnt cure the problem. you could get injections every6 -8 months but that will have a really bad affect on the body.

after that i would say ITBS, shin splints, then fractured ribs

Nothing major.

Rolled my ankle pretty badly on a crappy oval.

Also hurt my thumb trying to smother one time, hurt like hell but didn't do any serious damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been injured, but I found out I have shin splints just last week. It is pretty damn painful.

Ice them after every bit of exercise, never run on roads or other hard surfaces and wear a compression bandage under your socks when you play. Should be able to manage it if you don't just ignore the pain.

in addition lionfan wear orthopaedics otherwise known as foot soles. get the proper ones about $30. put them in your boots/ joggers should help with curing the condition

I'm only 14 so i hadn't had a bad footy injury until last Sunday when I broke my collar bone.

Some big guy just came in and bowled me over when i was bending down getting the footy! :(

Am recovering from a knee reco as we speak. It is my second reco, i now have a pair of matching knees!!

Mine wasnt an ACL it is a Patella Femoral Reconstruction/Tibial Tibucle Transfer which
basically a surgey which stops your knee caps dislocating. Recovery time is still 12 months though.

Bring on the preseason.

Hi Guys,

I play Gaelic football which is very similar to your aussie rules code. For the record us guys in Ireland, think the afl is awesome!

I have all the usual injuries over the years, but definitely the toughest and most challenging to beat has been Osteitis Pubis. It is an absolute nightmare to get rid off. It took me six months of rest and then a year of rehab that was so hard I was sweating bullets every time.

I am aware this injury is very common in the AFL, I have set up a forum on facebook for guys from Gaelic and Aussie Games to discuss ways to beat this injury. Just search for osteitispubis in facebook and you will find it. We have a huge number of members and lots of useful posts on way to get over OP. New members welcome. Knowledge is power!!!

Hhhmmm had my worst one on the weekend. Had the usual broken ankles and dislocated fingers over the years but this one takes it for me.

I only split the webbing between my left index finger and middle finger...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39132866@N04/3596000035/in/photostream/

photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39132866@N04/3596004183/in/photostream/

Yeah not a good year for me either. Tore my ACL, medial and lateral meniscus all in 1 incident.

Fortunatly never broke any bones or required any surgery on any limbs. My worst would have been a lacerated eye ball. The pain was just so intense! I've never experinced anything like it. It required 3 stitches which was scary enough. I had to stay on my back for a whole week (Apart from toilet breaks) and no exercise especially heavy lifting for 2 -3 weeks.

Pretty lucky it wasn't a cm to the left or it would have been on my pupil and I may have lost vision in it completely. Still troubles me many years down the track. It did some permenent damage my pupil doesn't dilate properly now and if there is any sun at all I need get the sun glasses out because it just gets to bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back