Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing reaction after a loss

Remove this Banner Ad

As per the title, tell us some of your worst moments after a loss.

We'll be asking the podcast panel for tonight's pre-game pep talk, and would love some stories from our posters to read out during the podcast. Even better if you want to come on briefly to tell your story yourself.

We're all friends here ... don't be shy. Have you made a prized goose of yourself, had a hysterical overreaction, a 'right in front of me' moment?

I mainly just walk out the back and kick the Dog or punch the fence!!!

( That is a joke animal lovers )

In all honesty the thing that shits me more is the misses saying to me when i scream at the T.V and am upset when we lose is " Its just a game and who cares so why get so angry ".........:mad:

This then elevates my anger levels 10 fold and Yes my other half has no Interest in football sadly! :confused:

In all honesty the thing that shits me more is the misses saying to me when i scream at the T.V and am upset when we lose is " Its just a game and who cares so why get so angry ".........:mad:

This then elevates my anger levels 10 fold and Yes my other half has no Interest in football sadly! :confused:

Yep. Agreed. My response is usually along the lines of "you may not care, but that's probably because you barrack for a bunch of drug cheating ***** who have no right to even be playing AFL anymore." or something to that effect.

I mainly just walk out the back and kick the Dog or punch the fence!!!

( That is a joke animal lovers )

Hate the sound of this, Chis. My father would hold in his anger but explode somewhere around Wednesday evening, usually over a trivial thing. Anger and violent outbursts over football results made our lives as kids miserable and my mum's life barely tolerable. Footy has more negative connotations in my family than otherwise. You may not think your anger is damaging but it might just be scaring the crap out of someone.

Round 17, 2001. Ben Dixon curves a goal after the bell to win the game for Hawthorn. We'd toyed with them all day, never quite put them away and paid the price. My thermos and binoculars went to God that day. Pretty ashamed of myself actually and can still hear my mate screaming "Don't do it!". The upper-deck brick wall was too tempting however.

Nothing.
I'm the most controlled person when we have just lost a game footy.

:cool:
What is with you leaving a word out of every post you make? If you want me to continue with the tutoring you need to show me some sort of effort. Do you even proof?

After the siren blew the last time at Princes Park in 2005 I yelled "You were supposed to be the team that never lets me down!". I was pretty soused by that stage but it made me feel better. It had been a pretty s**t year up until that point and continued onto be one of the more craptacular seasons.

Firstly these incidents were all non alcohol related. My wife loves to remind me about all these embarrassing/sheer stupidity/bad temper incidents I have had whilst watching footy. I put my fist through our pantry door vs west coast 2011 (my mate didn't come over for a while I scared his kid):thumbsdown: ,I've broke a chair at the MCG on two separate occasions (1)vs Melbourne 1997 the Dee's came back to win from 6 goals down (I made a little kid sitting two rows ahead cry:thumbsdown: my mates walked out on me in embarrassment) (2)vs Richmond 2002 when Rodan goaled with not long to go (my wife and best mate walked out on me that time). Last year vs Essendope* Rnd 22 my Wife has video of me saying "that's it I'm never watching Carlton again they've broken me tonight losing to those ******* Drug cheats!" and plays it to all our friends:oops:. Then a week later I ripped the side/arm of my couch off when we got home vs Port (so much for not watching them again hey:rolleyes:).

So the one's above are not funny and make me realize I really do take the game too serious sometimes and have really tried of late to calm my temperament since watching especially in front of my kids.

But the game that sticks out and all my family have a laugh about is:

After a whirlwind overseas romance, I flew to Perth to be with my now wife. We were staying with her parents who have never really been into football and are quite conservative and nice but very quiet people. It just so happened we flew in 3 days before the 99 Prelim vs Essendope*. So anyway the big day arrives I'm pumped and anxious and her dad decides (I suppose to get to know me) to watch the game with me. Well anyway as you can see from above when the blues are playing I can get a little crazy. Well the father in law (to be) lasted watching maybe 2 and a bit quarters but when Essendope* came back hard in the 3rd, I preceded to swear,punch the couch,throw pillows,remotes and do other silly stuff.Then without saying a word he gets up goes outside and starts the lawnmower and puts it under the verandah so it drowns out my bad language and attitude. We still joke around about that day about how not to make an impression on your future in laws:p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lost a bet with my Collingwood neighbour when Carlton went down to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago...I had to walk around the perimeter of my farm wearing nothing except a pair of white Y fronts that had been purchased for just such a bet and occasion whilst he and his missus and mine enjoyed a glass of wine or two...my dog kept me company and thought nothing of my new 'outfit' - BFF.:oops:

If we had won - the neighbour had to walk around the same perimeter wearing the same Y fronts and one his wife's bras - that 'equalised the bet outcomes. The only other time I have been certain of a team winning a game ( and got it wrong) was betting a rather large amount of cashola on Geelong beating Hawthorn in the Bradbury GF....should have learned my lesson then.

Not Carlton, but when the socceroos gone done over by Italy in Germany.. I was in the greek islands with the mrs after being in Germany for the group games and I was devastated, we were supposed to be enjoying and relaxing on the beach.. I didn't speak for 24 hours just couldn't.

Since I now have kids, my wife tells me to keep my emotions in check if the kids are in close proximity of me when the footy is on. I also like to have footy in my hands when I am watching the blues on TV and I only put it down to have swig of my beer.

Last year when we lost to Essendon the second time after that little turd melksham (most punchable face in the AFL) had kicked that goal. I kept calm, walked out to the backyard making sure the back door was fully closed and launched my brand new $120 sherrin over the back fence. I actually got on to a decent torpedo (M Watson style) and just watched it fly off in to the distance. About 10 secs later I realised what I had done but having no idea of where it landed and it being night time, I knew I was no chance of getting it back.

As a 34yo male dressed in his carlton jumper matched with his Carlton pj bottoms I was not too keen on knocking on a few doors asking if I could look in their back yard for my footy.

Last edited:
Since I now have kids, my wife tells me to keep my emotions in check if the kids are in close proximity of me when the footy is on. I also like to have footy in my hands when I am watching the blues on TV and I only put it down to have swig of my beer.

Last year when we lost to Essendon the second time after that little turd melksham (most punchable face in the AFL) had kicked that goal. I kept calm, walked out to the backyard making sure the back door was fully closed and launched my brand new $120 sherrin over the back fence. I actually got on to a decent torpedo (M Watson style) and just watched it fly off in to the distance. About 10 secs later I realised what I had done but having no idea of where it landed and it being night time, I knew I was no chance of getting it back.

As a 34yo male dressed in his carlton jumper matched with his Carlton pj bottoms I was not too keen on knocking on a few doors asking if I could look in their back yard for my footy.

Love this story!

Round 14 2011.
Stole a mate's Eagles jumper from his room and threw it in the bin.

I usually walk outside and my dog kicks me,the fence punches me in the face and reminds me to do something more constructive with my time.o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back