Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing reaction after a loss

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be as drunk and abusive as I want, thank you. What kids need to be taught is that how you behave at the footy is not how you behave in everyday life.

Why be half honest? Making a ******* of yourself is bad enough, being a dead-s**t role-model to people who look up to you and wanna be like you is far worse.
My son will turn out alright!.
He knows Elvis is the King,the universe is endless,his dad likes to drink Red and hates more than anything the colour red!!!
True story...
Go lions

I'll be as drunk and abusive as I want, thank you. What kids need to be taught is that how you behave at the footy is not how you behave in everyday life.
Right. And you can pick and choose how you react to things that piss you off any old time. Hardly.

I was at the Carlton v Hawthorn game at the G when Fev hit the post.
Went by myself on a spare of the moment.
A mate calls me and says he is in a corporate box and I should come on up...
I did...
I was moderately composed:rolleyes:for most of game.
When Fev put the boot to ball though I was out of the corporate box window howling at the Hawks member supporters to go **** themselves,until a good friend grabbed my shoulder and said "CC he's hit the post mate,Fev hit the post"
:(
Still,had a bloody good night thanks to my antics and won the barracking award!.
Ce La Vie

Last edited:
1988. Managed to lure 5 delusional High School Richmond supporters into a $2 bet with smooth hustling charisma. Reigning premiers against wooden spoon favourites, easy money.
So anyway, somehow the Tigers fluke the win- Peter Wilson kicks the sealer FFS :eek:. I show up on Monday with $10 worth of 1 cent coins in a desperate attempt to strip said supporters of their filthy, smug, debt-collecting grins. Dat was some sweet, sweet revenge..:oops:

I have to honestly admit that I am very tribal when it comes to supporting my team(s). Over the years I have had to put up with a shitload of humiliation thanks to us being so crap. After each loss and after the wooden spoons, I would have to endure my colleagues trying to hang s**t on Carlton for losing.

I usually sucked it up and made the usual come back... 'come and talk to me when you have won 16 premiership cups'... and all the Essendon* supporting friends I had would try and come back with 'Oh... we have 16 cups and you are still s**t'... and usually at that point, things would degenerate into me informing said bummers supporters that 3 of their cups mean nothing, having been awarded 2 for finishing at the top of a round robin mini comp at the end of the season... and the third being 1993 when they won the premiership under extremely dubious conditions... i.e. they cheated.

******* Essendon* supporters... cant live with them, and like politicians, you can't shoot them.

The one incident I will never forget is not after losing a game but after we were penalised for breaching the salary cap and lost our draft picks in 2002.

It was when I attended a funeral of a family friend at a Greek church late in 2002. When the funeral service was over the attendees walked past the coffin and then passed on their condolences to each family member.

When I passed on my condolences to the son of the deceased his response was: "Carlton are cheats".

You could have knocked me down with a feather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God so many to mention!!
2010 elim loss to the swans. After Dennis got pinged.......unbearable. My couch cops most of the aggression. Since the kids arrived I've toned it down.....a bit!

Was unfortunate enough to see us cough up a 5 goal lead v the bumbers last year. Waite kicked 7! I was with 3 essendon supporting mates. Soon as the siren sounded I just took off for the exit and didn't speak for 30 mins. lol losing sux!!

Round 9 2011 Carlton V Geelong.

Had my birthday shin dig at the game.

Fair to say I was Bday drunk & when Knockers missed that shot on goal I remember turning to the Geelong supporters next to me saying "Think you boys are off the hook!"

Funny thing was I had chewy in my mouth & I accidentally spat it right into the cats fan face when I said "hook!" was pretty embarrassed lol:p

UEFA Champions League final 2003. All Italian final. Juventus lost to Milan on penalties. That's the equivalent of losing to Collingwood or Essendon by a point in a grand final.

I cried like a little girl. Copped it from everyone at school later that day too (not for crying, let it all out at home). Yuk.

Back to the 2006 World Cup. I was in my Italy gear that night. Decided to go with some friends (non-Italian wogs and Aussies) to the game being shown at fed square. Not realising that all the other Italian supporters were at Lygon street.

Ended up bumping in to some girls from school, and I was trying to hook in with one of them (now my girlfriend of 7 years), so in true shitbloke form I bailed on my mates and watched the game with the girls. Plan was to go to crown with the boys after the game.

So after the game, suffice to say the Aussie supporters were not happy (totally a penalty btw, Neil should have stayed on his feet). I turn around, and about 5 guys were kicking the crap out of this poor Italian supporter (there weren't many of us). I quickly said goodbye to the ladies and bolted to Crown. Never run so fast in my life. Eventually caught up with the boys and all was good.

Felt like a coward not going to help that other guy out, but there was a substantial crowd of guys watching this who weren't doing anything to stop it. In hindsight I should have called the police. Can't remember if there were security or police there. I'm sure there would have been. Hopefully he got help sooner rather than later.

Hopefully I'd handle the situation better if I were to ever be in a situation like that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst part is that I read this post from you. Oh so self righteous.

The best part of all this? I'm not you.
Can hardly be self-righteous after fessing up myself. The people around me, kids included would have seen a bloke deliberately and violently smashing property because he didn't like what he saw on a sporting field.

In that horrific game where Riccardi from Geelong kicked one after the siren at the G, which was clearly touched, and Geelong won. I punched my Geelong supporting partner really hard in the upper arm.

Embarrassing o_O

Usually I take a loss pretty well, but this game played host to what is probably my most embarrassing reaction to a loss. I'd gone to this game with my Saints supporting girlfriend of the time and my fellow Carlton supporting brother. As soon as the final siren went my brother and I stood up and said "we're going". My girlfriend pleaded with us to stay a longer so she could watch the player's get their medals and the cup, but either my brother or I had driven and were basically like "if you want a ride, you better come now", a shitty ultimatum given it was a night game at Waverley. What made my behaviour even more ungracious was that the Blues had won the flag just months earlier and she was a Saints fan for goodness sake; looking at it from a 1996 perspective, how often do they get to see premiership success? I still feel bad about all that to this day whenever I think about it. What a jerk!

Epilogue: She ain't my wife these days ...

That was back in the days when losing to the Saints was still an unfamiliar and confusing feeling. Hurt and embarrassment in equal measures, like being beaten up by a little kid.
You'll recall that the Saints were one of only two teams to beat us in our all-powerful season of 1995, so to then fall to the Saints in that night final - it was starting to get ridiculous!
Still well before the holocaust of the noughties, I just couldn't understand why our mighty team couldn't knock over the lowly Saints, and it shat me mightily! :mad:

I still feel really gross when we lose to them, but after a decade of it, I'm kind of used to it now. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back