emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
One thing I really miss during COVID 19 is going to the movies. I enjoy the cinema, but sometimes I like everyone else has done come away thinking 'why did I waste money on that?' What is the worst, or more disappointing movie you have seen by year? Mine for the past five years are:

2015 - Hot Pursuit - This crime comedy starring Reese Witherspoon and Sophie Vegvara looked good in the trailers, but I didn't like it at all.
2016 - Hail Caesar! - The only reason I put this one above Zoolander 2 was that at least Zoolander 2 had the semblance of a plot. This was just a number of scenes put together, and fawned over by critics! I walked out on this one, and so did a lot of other people.
2017 - The Last Jedi - Enough said about this already.
2018 - The Breaker-Upperers - This New Zealand comedy had some funny moments, but would have to be one of the most uneven movies I've seen.
2019 - Knives Out - I really looked forward to this, but found it to be one of the most boring films I've ever watched. And no, I didn't see Cats.
2020 (to date) - Underwater - Just flat out bad.

I can do it for 2014-19 (albeit haven't seen as much from 2018-19 so don't get offended there, sure there are far worse)

2014: Utopia (119 seen) - loathe John Pilger, so ymmv
2015: Goosebumps (109 seen)
2016: BvS: Dawn of Justice (103 seen)
2017: The Mountain Between Us (97 seen)
2018: Rabbit (63 seen)
2019: The Two Popes (only 16 seen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back