Analysis Youth and Pol Pot crazies

Remove this Banner Ad

Fascinating discussion you two are having, but it is derailing the thread.

What is the traditional BF advice? You two should get a room?

We found a special place, for just a fleeting moment, but I agree that we should end it. Apologies for derailment.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fascinating discussion you two are having, but it is derailing the thread.

What is the traditional BF advice? You two should get a room?
From being at each others throats we're now looking for homes in each others' hearts. Well he's looking for a home in mine but hasn't reciprocated with a home in his offer. :(

But aren't you also derailing the thread by posting that we are derailing the thread? And aren't I derailing it further by replying?

Besides, how many of the young folk on here would even know who Pol Pot was let alone his place in this thread? Or Year 0 or the fact that he wiped out a third of Cambodia's 6 million population. Do I want us to sacrifice 33% of the team and begin again? Probably not but if that 33% included every single player incapable of kicking a football correctly, then Pol Pot might be my man. Pol Pot killed off the older folk and installed teenagers as ruthless henchmen in their place. Is that what we want the club to do? Get rid of all and start anew!

How about the inclusion of some historical material so that the younger posters feel more confident posting, with the laying of an historical block providing a foundation for the bricks and framework of their views on a possible culling and restructure of the team?

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
or some therapy maybe
Therapy? Why? We're almost the best of mates!

The point of this thread was that the club needs to savagely cull players and spend a few years in the wilderness while it rebuilds. Though initially an advocate of this approach, I find now that I am not a genuine convert.

We are a big club with a vast army of supporters, who I suspect are not prepared to stand down and return to the fields to bunch up the player yield and beat out the win and losses, while an internal team rebuild slowly takes place. Hawthorn and Sydney do rebuilds on the run and we must emulate their efforts and attempt to do likewise.

Success needs to be immediate. If it is sporadic or illusive, success still needs to be tabled in wins rather than losses. Rebuilding on the run is the best that our followers will accept. Let's slowly but surely shed those who contribute least to our skill quotient as we continue to augment our number of skilled recruits.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well it was until you went and hurt my feelings. Back to electro-shock therapy I go...
no-no sorry dude.... you're doing great. I just meant keep to the pathways of light and football related discussion and avoid the darkside in sexually charged exchanges with the Great Grundy.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
no-no sorry dude.... you're doing great. I just meant keep to the pathways of light and football related discussion and avoid the darkside in sexually charged exchanges with the Great Grundy.
You are inviting yet another thread derailment with this comment!! I try to do do right by the thread, then you come along with this insinuating remark!

You are inviting yet another thread derailment with this comment!! I try to do do right by the thread, then you come along with this insinuating remark!

Let us face the facts, GG, it's you and me against a world which will never understand. :(

And I too tried to leave the thread alone... Apologies again VP.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I seem to have blindly intruded and then been sucked into your weirdness vortex. Sorry guys and mods but we've all gone too far down this path now.. Can we change this thread to the weirdness and therapy thread? The closet dating thread? or something like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I seem to have blindly intruded and then been sucked into your weirdness vortex. Sorry guys and mods but we've all gone too far down this path now.. Can we change this thread to the weirdness and therapy thread? The closet dating thread? or something like that?

'Blindly intruded', and yet here you are back for more. Is there something you want to share with us?

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let us face the facts, GG, it's you and me against a world which will never understand. :(

And I too tried to leave the thread alone... Apologies again VP.
Locked together in that dark cavernous chamber, me with the extension cord trying to provide light
The Year Zero thread. That is what it is and will always be, provided there are enough oldies around it who remember Pol Pot, his legacy and its implications for the Collingwood Football Club in 2016.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Locked together in that dark cavernous chamber, me with the extension cord trying to provide light
The Year Zero thread. That is what it is and will always be, provided there are enough oldies around it who remember Pol Pot, his legacy and its implications for the Collingwood Football Club in 2016.
The killing fields will never be forgotten. RIP Dids, Jolls, Neon, Wello, Dawesy, H, Heater, Jonno, Daisy. The horror..h.h..horror

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
'Blindly intruded', and yet here you are back for more. Is there something you want to share with us?
Maybe he (or she, cos you can never be sure) seeks a dark cavernous cave in my heart .. or perhaps your's! Darkness would suit the blindness, and there is no telling just how much some of our followers crave a secure place in the heart of a fellow supporter.

Loneliness and its associated illnesses can drive some of us to places we never thought we would want to visit, let alone remain. Already I can feel my own heart opening up a ballroom of space to the more alienated, isolated black and white souls who crave like-minded company. Come on in and let your heartstrings become the instrument of your salvation.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well anyway, offers there and now that I've done my job putting this thread back on track, I'm off to annoy Bucksboys.

Maybe he (or she, cos you can never be sure) seeks a dark cavernous cave in my heart .. or perhaps your's! Darkness would suit the blindness, and there is no telling just how much some of our followers crave a secure place in the heart of a fellow supporter.

Loneliness and its associated illnesses can drive some of us to places we never thought we would want to visit, let alone remain. Already I can feel my own heart opening up a ballroom of space to the more alienated, isolated black and souls who crave like-minded company. Come on in and let your heartstrings be the instrument of your salvation.

Well alright, I'm all for doodle heading into the ballroom of your heart to play some heartstrings. I'll wait and see how that works out for him. Maybe I'll follow after. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back