News Youth Girls Program, part of Sydney Swans Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope the Swans find a way to retain our best academy girls from this year. I wouldn't want GWS to get their grubby little hands on them.

No doubt we would try and agreements in place with most of them to return to the Swans when the club joins the AFLW be it after a season or two seasons. Best of all I have no doubt we will raid the Giants current list as well to make up our side.

The AFL has committed to an 18-team AFLW competition by 2023.
Sydney, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Essendon will receive licenses, completing the competition.
... seasons begin December
However, they want all 18 teams implemented by the season beginning in December of 2023.
“Based on their submissions and readiness”, the teams could enter the competition in the season beginning in December of 2022.

In 18 months we will have an AFLW team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie Doyle captain Swans U19

A LATE, rapid growth spurt has resulted in Jess Doyle's clever hybrid playing style.
The New South Wales draft hopeful and member of both the NAB AFLW and Sydney Swans Academies played most of her junior career with Pittwater as an in-and-under midfielder.
Now standing at 170cm, Doyle plays a high forward role for AFL Sydney side Manly Warringah, combining the best of both worlds.
"I played midfield in juniors, because I love running, but as I've gotten older, I've moved to the forward line. I like starting high on the field and pushing into the middle and helping them out," Doyle told womens.afl.

THE AFL has today announced 2021 NAB AFLW U19 Championships All-Australian Team.
The 2021 NAB AFLW U19 Championships showcased the most talented young female footballers from across the country and provided them the opportunity to showcase their skills against the best

corp_NAB_2021_60626_AFLW_U19_AA_1080x1080_FA1.jpg

FORWARDS
Jess Doyle
(Allies/NSW-ACT/Sydney Swans Academy)
Date of Birth 14/09/03
Height 170cm
Athletic forward who reads the game well and has innate goal sense. A product of the Manly-Warringah Wolves in the Premier Sydney Football league she averaged 17.5 disposals and 4.5 marks to be a consistent and dangerous player up forward for the Allies in the Championships. A member of the NAB AFLW Academy.

Isadora McLeay (Allies/NSW-ACT, Sydney Swans Academy)
Date of Birth 18/09/03
Height 178cm
Versatile defender who also went forward and showed clean hands overhead and used the ball extremely well by hand and foot. Averaged 16.5 disposals (12.5 contested) 2.5 rebound 50s and kicked a goal when forward. A product of the North Shore Bombers.

Charlie Rowbottom (Victoria Metro/ Oakleigh Chargers)
Date of Birth 22/01/03
Height 179cm
Powerful midfielder who also goes forward to become a dangerous marking target and goalkicker. Excellent one-on-one player and natural leader no doubt inspired by her brother James who is an AFL star with the Sydney Swans. Averaged 20.5 disposals (11.5 contested possessions) three marks, five tackles and 4.5 clearances against Victoria Country and Western Australia in standout performances. Has emerged from St Kevin’s Old Boys/Loreto FC and is a current member of the NAB AFLW Academy.

Last edited:
QBE Sydney Swans Academy U19 Captain Jess Doyle and teammate Isadora McLeay have both been selected after impressing for the Allies team at the AFLW U19 Championships.
AllAus.png

Congratulations Georgie Fowler
Georgie2.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back