Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Possibly a controversial thread.

We seem to be very encouraging of our youth, which in itself is great. However, let's apply the blowtorch to a few.

This is a thread dedicated to having a melt about one/more of our youngsters. No need to defend them. Just good old honest melting.

I'll start it off...

Crowden - Is he just a bigger Suban? Gets caught HTB a few times and likes to just bang it on his left boot.

Cerra - Everyone makes mention that he moves like Pendelbury. I must be in lala land. Hasn't done anything to make me go boy oh boy.

Brayshaw - Killed us against GWS when he missed a target 12m away. Does he have the footskills you'd want from a pick 2 player.

Logue - Does he even football?

Cox - I had visions of him becoming a Charlie Curnow, but he can't even manage at WAFL level. Does he need to get on the sauce midweek?

Obviously this is a melt thread. They all have their positives, but get it off your chest.

Get stuck into a an up and comer.

Whilst I'm at it. Rising Star anyone? Someone put their hand up please.

I don't have any melts over our youth. They need to be judged after a more fair and accurate block of time and playing. Even if it easy to make out the problems of our first year players, it's completely unfair and stupid. They're not even 10 game players playing in an average side rebuilding. What do you actually want them to do? Win the game of their boot? Satisfy your personal hunger for flashy highlights? Make you feel at peace with their selections? You do realize they haven't even been at an AFL club for 6 months?

Your melt on the first year players are crap. The ones on Logue / Cox are even worse.

I don't care what you saw, I know Logue had a good year last year. I have him as our biggest improver this year when he returns.

Cox is meant to be Charlie Curnow? Are you serious? I don't even know how you come up with that comparison. If anything, McCarthy is the one who is meant to be the one already like Curnow. Same playstyle, same size, same draft pick.

I don't have any melts over our youth. They need to be judged after a more fair and accurate block of time and playing. Even if it easy to make out the problems of our first year players, it's completely unfair and stupid. They're not even 10 game players playing in an average side rebuilding. What do you actually want them to do? Win the game of their boot? Satisfy your personal hunger for flashy highlights? Make you feel at peace with their selections? You do realize they haven't even been at an AFL club for 6 months?

Your melt on the first year players are crap. The ones on Logue / Cox are even worse.

I don't care what you saw, I know Logue had a good year last year. I have him as our biggest improver this year when he returns.

Cox is meant to be Charlie Curnow? Are you serious? I don't even know how you come up with that comparison. If anything, McCarthy is the one who is meant to be the one already like Curnow. Same playstyle, same size, same draft pick.

So I guess you don't need to write in this thread?

I agree with everything you said, but this is a melt thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back