Computers & Internet YouTube Careers

Remove this Banner Ad

The money is actually made from Patreons, not the ad revenue. You'll find most popular youtubers can get upwards of 10k a month and significantly more if enough of their followers throw them $5 a month.

On one of my late night interweb surfs I found THIS site:

https://graphtreon.com/top-patreon-creators

Because I was curious when one of the webcomic guys I followed started drawing..."lewds'. Basically his characters naked. It was weird.

But he gets $4k a month currently and its slowly creeping up, from people who want to support his...drawings.

Surprised that only this one poster hit the nail on the head. The days of generating a sustainable income from adsense revenue are over. Now it's about receiving donations via Patreon. Many youtubers created Patreon accounts when their Adsense revenue started drying up after the adpocalypse (Vegan Gains is one example of this). Some content creators also accept donations in cryptocurrency, and put their bitcoin/litecoin/ethereum address in the video description so that people can donate to them that way.

I find it extremely creepy that a lot of the big youtubers are grown men (early twenties) and their target audience is 12 year olds. Even creepier is that from the very, very little I have seem of these people is that they seem to still act like 12 year olds.

I find it extremely creepy that a lot of the big youtubers are grown men (early twenties) and their target audience is 12 year olds. Even creepier is that from the very, very little I have seem of these people is that they seem to still act like 12 year olds.
Target audience etc

I heard somewhere the guy who calls his channel Markiplier makes like $11mil a year. 11 million dollars ffs. Seriously wtf

A mate watches him. He done a video showing us around his new house a while ago.

It didn't look like a guy making eight figures. It looked like a uni student upgrading from a dorm to an apartment after they get a job.

A mate watches him. He done a video showing us around his new house a while ago.

It didn't look like a guy making eight figures. It looked like a uni student upgrading from a dorm to an apartment after they get a job.
Honestly that'd be me....sorta. I don't care for a big flash mansion type house, give me several acres with half a km to the nearest neighbour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's interesting is like a decade ago on BF i suggested a Cage Match debate board. Where popular BF users would go at it in a debate, and other posters could decide who the winner was in a rolling poll.

decades later, it became an internet sensation on youtube.

mind you, a video is always a better format than plain text where people might not respond days apart.

still.

No different to the Music industry.

Has anyone on this site ever seriously considered it? I am sure a number of you on here would have really good ideas that could take off. Or basically, any channel focusing on kids, tech reviews, sex and relationships, and such, would surely do well. These people are making anywhere from $2m to $11m a year just on YouTube views, not counting endorsements.

I don't personally believe in money, as a god, but I guess the smartest form of income is that where you just sit back and gain royalties/views, not working to get paid by the hour.

In my case, no. My daughter did spend time with the Team 10 group, including Logan but removed herself after a conflict with one of the 'supposed' leaders.
She still has friends though that were involved and let's just say; They do very well for themselves.

Incredible just how much money can be attained via these mediums.

I know a girl in her early 30's, She started playing video games last year and now she makes a living streaming herself playing video games.

She got so popular that a gaming company now sponsors her to play games and a clothing label now pays her to wear their clothes when she posts on Instagram.

I know a girl in her early 30's, She started playing video games last year and now she makes a living streaming herself playing video games.

She got so popular that a gaming company now sponsors her to play games and a clothing label now pays her to wear their clothes when she posts on Instagram.
when does she release her scented candle range ?

Very very little chance of making any sort of money off it. Moreso these days.

That's just not true.
Plan the whole thing out well, have something to say, be diligent for a good period of time and you never know.

Of course it's not easy but it's like anything; I know I'd make a lot of money with a burger.
Make it simple. Make sure it tastes great. Keep the price at the right mark. Market it subtly, but well. Treat customers with courtesy and a smile.
Ensure everything is clean. Look a little sexy. ..... I could go on, but you get the idea.

That's just not true.
Plan the whole thing out well, have something to say, be diligent for a good period of time and you never know.

Of course it's not easy but it's like anything; I know I'd make a lot of money with a burger.
Make it simple. Make sure it tastes great. Keep the price at the right mark. Market it subtly, but well. Treat customers with courtesy and a smile.
Ensure everything is clean. Look a little sexy. ..... I could go on, but you get the idea.
You have to find a niche like any business and work at it as a full time job.

You have to find a niche like any business and work at it as a full time job.

Pretty much

The thing is that young people have a pulse on what other young people want.
You have to have something about you that's unique and you have to be able to market your product well....and you have to...have to....work hard.
It all looks easy and quite simple at times, but the work that goes into producing your own work can be very difficult.

My daughters' friends in the States have done very, very well but she lived with them for some time and can attest to just how much thought and time went into doing what looked like simple and often silly videos. It's not for everyone. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back