Yu-Gi-Oh

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Cat People like, Paf?

Bananaman was the stupidest thing ABC ever had on - I am trying to find nostalgia about that old Wizard of Oz cartoon they showed but I can't. Astroboy was great as well.

PAfolwr said:
yamiandmarik.gif
looks very crap

Leigh said:
What's Cat People like, Paf?
Haven't seen it for a long time, but it was one of only two movies where I have fallen in lust with an actress.
The other was Jessica Lange in The Postman Only Rings Twice. :)

macca23 said:
Ah yes, I remember THAT scene!! :D

You're obviously not quite ready to join the old fart's club yet!! :p
Nothing like a strong dairy scene to stir the blood in Crows supporters. :p

PAfolwr said:
Haven't seen it for a long time, but it was one of only two movies where I have fallen in lust with an actress.
The other was Jessica Lange in The Postman Only Rings Twice. :)

Now that scene on the kitchen table is one i "can" remember. :)

& my back is still paying the price. ;)

NikkiNoo said:
Voltron - I LOVED Voltron, especially the one with the lions instead of the cars, boats and places. I lived in Hawker in the Flinders during my formative years so the only tv we got was really the abc - the best cartoons! voltron, simba, astro-boy, banana man etc

I know what you mean about the Voltron Lions. I brought all five of those Lions when I was a boy. I grew up in tasmania and all we had was Channel 9/Tas TV and the ABC.

I was never a fan of Danger Mouse, Astro Boy or Banana Man

However, ABC kids TV in the 80's was legendary. Helluva line up back then, I forgot to mention Ulysses 31, Lost Cities of Gold and Starblazers. When you got sick of cartoons there was always Dr Who, Monkey or The Goodies to watch.

Jerome said:
I know what you mean about the Voltron Lions. I brought all five of those Lions when I was a boy. I grew up in tasmania and all we had was Channel 9/Tas TV and the ABC.

I was never a fan of Danger Mouse, Astro Boy or Banana Man

However, ABC kids TV in the 80's was legendary. Helluva line up back then, I forgot to mention Ulysses 31, Lost Cities of Gold and Starblazers. When you got sick of cartoons there was always Dr Who, Monkey or The Goodies to watch.

The TV hasnt inproved at all in Tassie Jerome, there is WIN (Ch 9) Southern Cross which is a combination of Ch 7 and Ch 10 programmes for example at 6:30pm Neighbours and then 7:00pm Home And Away :rolleyes: ABC, SBS and Digital Television Network which you can only access if you have a digital set top box :( I have heard the AFL coverage is very good in Tassie on free to air TV though.

PAfolwr said:
I am posting this on this board because I get the impression there's a few more younger posters on here.
I just took the kids to see the movie, and man we found it hard work (wife and I that is), but the kids seemed to like it. Also a couple of young lads at work (very early twenties) are massive fans and tell me that it has a massive cult following.
Am I becoming one of those dreaded old farts?
Would I be going to the footy with knitting needles if I barracked for the Crows?
What do people on here think of it?

im 23 and i dont understand it at all one of my friends have all these DVD's (he is 26) makes no sense at all.

Jerome said:

You made me remember lots more of my favourties - lost city of gold! Pigsy! and any time goodwin gets the ball my sister and I sing "goodie, goodie, yum, yum" :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back