YV website

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you get the www.yvmdfl.com.au website to load from the sportingpulse website? Each time I click on the link it takes me straight back to the sportingpulse page.

O.K. That confirms a few things.
I had the same trouble MIW, and it persists. I had originally thought it was just a quirk in my browser, and when I clicked on jmac's link it still took me directly to the Sporting Pulse site.
It now seems SP intercepts the link to the .com.au url and redirects it to their site.
I can access the .com.au site from an old bookmark link in my browser, but if I try to get back to it, the SP site keeps coming up.
That makes it very hard to know what is going on and for the YVMDFL to know exactly where to post it's information.
I now have to have THREE bookmarks: one for the Valley Vision page, one for the (yvmdfl.com.au) League and one for Sporting Pulse!!
It would be better to consolidate all the info, but I guess there are competing interests at play.

You can access it through Sporting Pulse but its a bit tedious-better just to bookmark the kink.Go to
http://www.sportingpulse.com/ click on the Australian Football link on the right hand side of the page-then click on Victoria on the page that appears then scroll down to YVMDFL second last entry under country football press the link and your there

You can access it through Sporting Pulse but its a bit tedious-better just to bookmark the kink.Go to
http://www.sportingpulse.com/ click on the Australian Football link on the right hand side of the page-then click on Victoria on the page that appears then scroll down to YVMDFL second last entry under country football press the link and your there
Yeah! It is messy and a deterrent for users.
Just confirms that the web site/s needs some housekeeping and consolidation.
The League has been really innovative with those new moves but they should be given every chance to succeed. The vision (virtually every game each week!), weekly LIVE Footy Show and subsequent advertising potential is just fantastic. Who would have though it two or three years ago?
I think that the clubs may eventually be able to tap into this stuff before long.

Judy Orren is in League HQ and working on it.
The old site (Valley Vision) was still up and between that and the crazy Sporting Pulse Home Page system, it has caused a lot of the problems. The old site is being redirected, and Judy has been trying to make the home page a little clearer. Not easy as anyone who has tried to run their club S.P. web system will know!
I believe the League is preparing a new domain which will free it of S.P. and give them the flexibility they really need. Could be up in June.

Yeah! It is messy and a deterrent for users.
Just confirms that the web site/s needs some housekeeping and consolidation.
The League has been really innovative with those new moves but they should be given every chance to succeed. The vision (virtually every game each week!), weekly LIVE Footy Show and subsequent advertising potential is just fantastic. Who would have though it two or three years ago?
I think that the clubs may eventually be able to tap into this stuff before long.

not virtually every game, but all senior and a grade netball games will be on the web site every week. Also the host club of the live stream/radio broadcast game are being offered to supply us with one sponsor to be displayed on the live page for the day.

Judy Orren is in League HQ and working on it.
The old site (Valley Vision) was still up and between that and the crazy Sporting Pulse Home Page system, it has caused a lot of the problems. The old site is being redirected, and Judy has been trying to make the home page a little clearer. Not easy as anyone who has tried to run their club S.P. web system will know!
I believe the League is preparing a new domain which will free it of S.P. and give them the flexibility they really need. Could be up in June.

as the website editor for the ofcfnc please tell me we are not changing again i dont think i can back save everything again for a 4th time......:mad:

Whilst on the topic of Valley Vision, I think the full games are a major improvement. Last year it was great to have video footage of all the senior games but after a while the highlights package did just become a package of shots on goal. What we have now is heaps better. I guess with less editing, it's actually and cheaper and quicker to get up online.

The only constructive criticism I would have is whether the slider bar underneath the footage could be extended laterally? Sometimes if I just wanted to review a single free kick or passage of play, sliding the cursor as short as I could would almost shift the footage 5 mins.

Whilst on the topic of Valley Vision, I think the full games are a major improvement. Last year it was great to have video footage of all the senior games but after a while the highlights package did just become a package of shots on goal. What we have now is heaps better. I guess with less editing, it's actually and cheaper and quicker to get up online.

The only constructive criticism I would have is whether the slider bar underneath the footage could be extended laterally? Sometimes if I just wanted to review a single free kick or passage of play, sliding the cursor as short as I could would almost shift the footage 5 mins.
That happens when you have 2 hrs instead of 10 mins.

Quicker yes easier yes cheaper not by a long shot. the videos have gone from around 700 meg per week to around 9 - 10 gig with an average bandwidth use of 800 gig per week. but yes the improvement is worth it. :)

Sachie, the Valley Vision concept is incredible.
I had a good look over the media van yesterday and it is a mind-boggling collection of technology with PCs, video screens, cameras and servers dripping from every corner.
That we now have full replays of each round of netball and footy games, a first class local footy show and scoreboard apps linked through the system is really just a start.
Congrats, mate! Amazing stuff that I would suggest is an Australian first for any local league!
Let's hope the clubs can tap into it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sachie, the Valley Vision concept is incredible.
I had a good look over the media van yesterday and it is a mind-boggling collection of technology with PCs, video screens, cameras and servers dripping from every corner.
That we now have full replays of each round of netball and footy games, a first class local footy show and scoreboard apps linked through the system is really just a start.
Congrats, mate! Amazing stuff that I would suggest is an Australian first for any local league!
Let's hope the clubs can tap into it![/quote

We arnt finished yet i have been working on a ipad/iphone live streaming solution for now till the real live stream system comes along and i have it worked out. the details will be on the valley vision site this week. Also both anzac games will be streamed live this wednesday. The live stream will grow from this weekend on to include replays we are putting final touches together now. As for the clubs tapping into it ---- every club can contact me and ask for any part of the game to be edited and presented to them in hd if they want. some clubs are already requesting there games not only on dvd but in higher quality for coaches to cut parts out to show players. we have the facility to edit any game into ball up contests rucks, anything they want to zone in on. We all know country footy is following afl and getting more professional. this is the service that can provide it. i personally know one club that used footage to win a grandfinal selected players to target with footage and it worked. lets see where the future goes but yes the league is a ground breaker and let them all follow as none will get close to us. GO the valley

As for the clubs tapping into it ---- every club can contact me and ask for any part of the game to be edited and presented to them in hd if they want. some clubs are already requesting there games not only on dvd but in higher quality for coaches to cut parts out to show players. we have the facility to edit any game into ball up contests rucks, anything they want to zone in on. We all know country footy is following afl and getting more professional. this is the service that can provide it.

Love it Valleyvision! Fantastic concept and the league is going from strength to strength. I only have one thought & that is how much does it cost a club to edit packages of the game? The only reason i say this is will it allow the more financial clubs to gain access to this fantastic information & those clubs that struggle to raise the funds dont have the chance as they may not be able to afford it. I think it could create a big gap as it can be used brilliantly as a teaching tool for the young kids and fast trak their development.

Broken Bone - there is an option to think outside the square. With all this fantastic footage available, it gives clubs more to offer when they're chasing sponsors who want to see their logo / name / brand splashed around everywhere. Even 1 good sponsor deal could offset the yearly spend on technology.

Noticed tonight that the display format has changed very slightly along these lines. Well done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back