YVMDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt realise a retraction was required. I will speak to my editer and get him to publish an apology.
If you were to apologise for all the things you have got horribly wrong on this forum Finger, you could fill many pages. You have come out with some douzies again this year. Rarely correct and quick to sink the boot in IMO.

If you were to apologise for all the things you have got horribly wrong on this forum Finger, you could fill many pages. You have come out with some douzies again this year. Rarely correct and quick to sink the boot in IMO.

I think youll find Ive been correct more often than not. Just because you dont like or agree doesnt mean its not true.

Hi all,
Could someone give me some info about last weeks match Gembrook v Woori
I looked in the paper last Sunday and was sure it must have been a typo but sure enough the scores were correct
Were Woori missing a few players or what was going on there
I played at Gembrook as a kid and was thinking of making the long trek to Healesville next weekend to have a watch and catch up , could someone give some feedback on last weekend for me
Much appreciated

Hi all,
Could someone give me some info about last weeks match Gembrook v Woori
I looked in the paper last Sunday and was sure it must have been a typo but sure enough the scores were correct
Were Woori missing a few players or what was going on there
I played at Gembrook as a kid and was thinking of making the long trek to Healesville next weekend to have a watch and catch up , could someone give some feedback on last weekend for me
Much appreciated
Hi Glacier, following is a link to the match report on the Gembrook web page. Obviously it's written with a Gembrook bias, but it's a fairly comprehensive summary nonetheless. http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...D=108801&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=20564830

Monbulk not wasting anytime chasing a coach! Current woori yallock player nick tennant interviewed for monbulk job Monday night! Has a wealth of coaching experience as he has coached at the basin, ringwood,montrose, and east burwood!

Monbulk not wasting anytime chasing a coach! Current woori yallock player nick tennant interviewed for monbulk job Monday night! Has a wealth of coaching experience as he has coached at the basin, ringwood,montrose, and east burwood!
Luke announced before the season started that he would be stepping down at the end of his 5th year at the helm. He felt he owed it to the club so that they could complete their planning and so that he could make his own plans. he has actually done a remarkable job with a squad that is locally developed.
The club has been able to plan ahead as a result of Luke's support for its succession policy. So the club has been able to quietly assess people during the year to get first call on the best candidates.
Monbulk does select it's leaders very well because of it's succession policy. Four outstanding coaches over the last 18 seasons (for 4 flags and 16 finals campaigns) gives some indication of the quality of the coaches, the stability of the club and the club's sound planning.

Luke announced before the season started that he would be stepping down at the end of his 5th year at the helm. He felt he owed it to the club so that they could complete their planning and so that he could make his own plans. he has actually done a remarkable job with a squad that is locally developed.
The club has been able to plan ahead as a result of Luke's support for its succession policy. So the club has been able to quietly assess people during the year to get first call on the best candidates.
Monbulk does select it's leaders very well because of it's succession policy. Four outstanding coaches over the last 18 seasons (for 4 flags and 16 finals campaigns) gives some indication of the quality of the coaches, the stability of the club and the club's sound planning.
Monnie, it must be really professional process when candidates who are still playing for rival clubs are leaked out

Monnie, it must be really professional process when candidates who are still playing for rival clubs are leaked out

A couple of points:
1. I never used the term 'professional' - whatever that is supposed to mean in this context. Your word, not mine.
2. Have you established that it is true - or is it just a concoction or rumour?
3. Have you established where the supposed 'leak' may have originated from? Monbulk's end or some other source?
4. With the notice given publicly by Luke 12 months ago, it is common knowledge that there would be a vacancy. Surely it is conceivable that some prospective candidates would initiate enquiries? Or do you have proof to the contrary?

most importantly....
5. What is wrong with either party sounding out the other early, anyway? Strikes me as standard for good planning/management. And it is hardly a precedent! Businesses and individuals don't wait. AFL clubs don't wait! Why would an employer or employee - knowing a contract is up in, say, 3 months - wait until it had finished before looking for a replacement?
Strange post, I reckon.

(BTW, to correct my previous post, it was Luke's 4th season, not fifth.)

A couple of points:
1. I never used the term 'professional' - whatever that is supposed to mean in this context. Your word, not mine.
2. Have you established that it is true - or is it just a concoction or rumour?
3. Have you established where the supposed 'leak' may have originated from? Monbulk's end or some other source?
4. With the notice given publicly by Luke 12 months ago, it is common knowledge that there would be a vacancy. Surely it is conceivable that some prospective candidates would initiate enquiries? Or do you have proof to the contrary?

most importantly....
5. What is wrong with either party sounding out the other early, anyway? Strikes me as standard for good planning/management. And it is hardly a precedent! Businesses and individuals don't wait. AFL clubs don't wait! Why would an employer or employee - knowing a contract is up in, say, 3 months - wait until it had finished before looking for a replacement?
Strange post, I reckon.

(BTW, to correct my previous post, it was Luke's 4th season, not fifth.)
i think the difference with professional organisations is that job applications are treated in strict confidence, if it is bull s**t - thats the forum for you, if its true i think it reflects poorly on monbulk as a club

i think the difference with professional organisations is that job applications are treated in strict confidence, if it is bull s**t - thats the forum for you, if its true i think it reflects poorly on monbulk as a club
You think...?
OK. You make the rules... :rolleyes:
..but just for you.

*disengage*

Very jumpy on this topic Monniehawk!!! Does appear you seem slightly worried about this appointment after talking up how good your succession plan has worked. For the first time in 25 years a new coach is going to have to walk into a side that isn't already finals material??? You tried bringing back Ian Kidgell to remember the glory days...... Maybe Peter Gittos might wanna coach?? He's probably only slightly older than Nick Tennant. By the way this is a social forum I don't see why you bother us with your politically written replies? Friendly banter is always healthy & it appears to have had a better affect on the Wandin group than yours!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it via an EFL club, why does it have to be Monbulk who let it out, maybe Lurch has let it slip!!!!!!!

Not professional and leaked out you people are either taking the piss or reasonably ignorant. Most prospective coaches and players are met in pubs or restaurants this time of year. I've read in the weekly times an advertisement for the Monbulk coaching position three weeks ago maybe lurch responded to that or other various adds. I reckon regulars at that pub would see plenty of meetings as would people at the royal and crown. Most clubs would have processes they go through and I'm sure someone of lurches experience would know that and have to reply and show interest in due course. any other coaching rumors around. Warby highway maybe you lot up the end of the highway there might want to form some sort of succession plan so you have some glory days to relive instead of playing one of the best ff in the league in the twos to claim back to back flags. Awesome effort there

Very jumpy on this topic Monniehawk!!! Does appear you seem slightly worried about this appointment after talking up how good your succession plan has worked. For the first time in 25 years a new coach is going to have to walk into a side that isn't already finals material??? You tried bringing back Ian Kidgell to remember the glory days...... Maybe Peter Gittos might wanna coach?? He's probably only slightly older than Nick Tennant. By the way this is a social forum I don't see why you bother us with your politically written replies? Friendly banter is always healthy & it appears to have had a better affect on the Wandin group than yours!
Give it a break!
What 'appointment'? I don't know if it is an 'appointment'. Seems a bit early to make a call like that. I know it is a rumour. I would guess there are a number of candidates, but if it is right, so what? Why the anxiety?

I'm not jumpy on the topic, just the jumping-to-conclusions on the topic. Bertron has a vested interest at Woori and I guessed that was his motive for taking a shot at Monbulk, based on a rumor. TBH, I had never even heard of Nick Tennant until the post on this thread! How Bertron concluded that The Hawks had to be the source of the leak is still beyond me.

The derision of the succession plan! Ah, yes.
For the first time in 25 years a new coach is going to have to walk into a side that isn't already finals material???
Sounds to me like you acknowledge that "25 years" of finals is a pretty successful plan! I'll go with that.

Kidge was trying to get into the Fire Brigade and trained up for that. It was entirely his own idea to play, despite some of us having misgivings. Thanks for the advice about Pete. I guess the club will be thankful for the heads up. Thanks for bringing up a couple of total irrelevancies, though. Don't get too carried away, WH!

Not finals material, eh? Maybe.

Political? Partisan, I'll grant you - and hardly ashamed about it - but how is it political???
And, yep! I picked up the "friendliness" that runs through your post. :rolleyes:

Not professional and leaked out you people are either taking the piss or reasonably ignorant. Most prospective coaches and players are met in pubs or restaurants this time of year. I've read in the weekly times an advertisement for the Monbulk coaching position three weeks ago maybe lurch responded to that or other various adds. I reckon regulars at that pub would see plenty of meetings as would people at the royal and crown. Most clubs would have processes they go through and I'm sure someone of lurches experience would know that and have to reply and show interest in due course. any other coaching rumors around. Warby highway maybe you lot up the end of the highway there might want to form some sort of succession plan so you have some glory days to relive instead of playing one of the best ff in the league in the twos to claim back to back flags. Awesome effort there

Nice cheap shot there Garion. Makes sence to me that we'd be stacking our reserves when we finished out of the finals on percentage. Scott Muir I take it your talking about has battled hamsting injuries for two seasons now and took on the Under 18s coaching until they folded. He then stepped in while injured to coach the reserves. Im not going to turn this into aWarby v Monbulk s**t fight and no one had a issue with it. But i take you remember it was only a couple of seasons ago one of the best FF the YV had seen ran out for Monbulk reserves in a Grand Final. Im sure Monbulk where going flat out to play Senior Finals but sometimes these things happen.

Warby highway maybe you lot up the end of the highway there might want to form some sort of succession plan so you have some glory days to relive instead of playing one of the best ff in the league in the twos to claim back to back flags. Awesome effort there
Nice little back hander there Garion. Nice to know you are showing some concern. The fact the player you mention is now over 30 and is coaching the reserves team probably show a succession plan in itself. The said player has played 9 Senior games this year for 7 goals so probably not his best year. With few recruits this year has allowed 6 young players from last years 2's grand final to play seniors all year. Succession plan maybe? On another note our reserves only had 8 players that played in last years grand final play on the weekend. To change 2/3's of a team and still make the big one is a great effort. Congrats to the boys

bwah hahaha.
Blurtron, wasnt it worry;s revolving door that saw them go out and head hunt a ringwood reject?
They had to get a team after loosing so many. Lurch too old for the redbacks so worry pays big bucks for a pack of imports including a 40+ hack. Smart.

bwah hahaha.
Blurtron, wasnt it worry;s revolving door that saw them go out and head hunt a ringwood reject?
They had to get a team after loosing so many. Lurch too old for the redbacks so worry pays big bucks for a pack of imports including a 40+ hack. Smart.

Pretty sure Woori were going nicely before Tennent got there. While were at it the imports line is a joke there one of only a couple of teams that can honestly say they are a locally based side.

Pretty sure Woori were going nicely before Tennent got there. While were at it the imports line is a joke there one of only a couple of teams that can honestly say they are a locally based side.
Way to whitewash yourself Blurtron.
Who tried to qualify a player for the gf by rigging team sheets? and got caught by the leauge. Very professional Bertie.

Way to whitewash yourself Blurtron.
Who tried to qualify a player for the gf by rigging team sheets? and got caught by the leauge. Very professional Bertie.

Who did? Take it your trying to take a pot shot at Woori there but from where we sit they've been nothing but proffesional. You'd have to think a couple of clubs might take a leaf out of their player development manual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back