Yze signs for 3 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

It's in the Herald Sun.

A bit disappointed that we weren't more "ruthless" with the negotiations, but if Yze has taken a pay cut then it's all good.

He needs to lift next year and forget about the record.

not sure ^^

glad to see yze stay, and yes he will b the next captain, i want him to be captain :)

He won't be the next captain. Neitz will give it up at the end of 206 and Cameron Bruce will step in to the role. That was my prediction last year, and if Bruce didn't get injured and had a blinder of a season, I reckon it would have almost happened.

Supermercado said:
The three sweetest words in the English language...

PERFORMANCE
BASED
CONTRACT

Thank god :D
If that was the case for all melbourne players, we would've had half a list (probably less) from rounds 13-19 and then miraculously they'd all appear again after that. OH, we can dream

If you had a team where the entire list was on a contract that paid a fortune for winning the flag, sliding right down to minimum wage for finishing bottom I'm sure you'd see players going ballistic on the training track and the field.

Can't happen with the salary cap but we can always dream :D

Good to see the Yze sign, and even happier it is a proformance based contract. I wouldn't have been overly sad if he left but i am glad he will remain (you would think so) a DEMON for the rest of his career.

Also in TJ's interview after the won the 'Bluey" he pointed out he wanted Yze, Neitz & White to stay.............. and we gotta keep the man happy :thumbsu: :D ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, yeah, I don't really care to be honest, especially when it concerns Yze. He plays crap, we give him a contract offer that reflects that, and he whinges.

Oh well.

Theseventhhamster said:
Yze to play next year injury free and be worth every cent. Thats my prediction I'm firmly in the camp of he plays restricted by injury because he's a champion rather than seeking Jim Stynes' record.
That is crap.
He's playing injured because he's selfish, he wants the records and the idiots in charge of our club let him get away with it.

A champion player either plays well when injured (see Voss, see Hird), or knows when he can't contribute to the team. Neita didn't take part in the final against Geelong because he felt he wasn't fit enough to lead. Yze should learn from him and take a hike.

Thankfully he agreed to a performance based contract, but lets hope this doesn't give Neale even more reasons to keep him in the side at all costs.

I would never put Yze in the Hird, Voss class although I did say champion so my fault. Hird did had some shockers though this year when injured. We have a lot of players with very fragile hearts and they would get frightened if the captain and vice captain were not playing. Look seriously why the hostility do you really think we'd be better off without Yze in the forward line kicking two goals a game this year. For most of the season he took the best small defender which freed up Robbo. Nobody would be happy if a fit Yze was producing what he did this year but he wasn't fit. As for the line that he's chasing the record do you really think it would mean that much to him? He's acheived a lot of more meaningful milestones. Jared Crouch could be the one to break the record and not because he's chasing it, but because it just kills him to miss a game. ******** who would want to sit on the sidelines if they were good enough to play at the highest level.

For the last time, if he's injured, he shouldn't be playing. There is no excuse for continual poor form. If his injuries stop him from playing to the best of his ability, or something close to that, then he should be out of the side.

Neitz had the brains to do it. That is why he's captain, and Yze isn't.

Theseventhhamster said:
Yze on one leg is still in our best 22 that's not all that hard to comprehend cowboy.

Disagree. When he was on one leg during the last half of the season, he gave us basically nothing. It would have been more beneficial to play guys like C Johnson, Bell etc. to give them some exposure.

At least they would have had a dip.

Theseventhhamster said:
Bell was getting a game untill he got injured Neitz played a few of games where he was barely a presence. He wasn't being selfish either he just wanted to play for the team.

Neitz played for a reason. The Geelong and Bulldog games, where he took their best defender and allowed Robbo to kick 7 and 6 respectively, meant that he was there FOR A REASON. The players lift with the big fella on the field, and he commands respect.

Yze does none of this, especially when he is injured.

Theseventhhamster said:
You don't like Yze therefore the players don't like and respect him ok I understand

No, I don't think you do.

Neitz commands respect from the opposition. That's why I mentioned him being used as a decoy and, even with injuries, he commanded the best defender which freed up Robbo.

Yze is nothing like that, and therefore has no impact on the TEAM when playing injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back