andrewb94

All Australian
Feb 9, 2005
Tullamarine
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
The boxing upsets continue, Zab Judah has lost his welterweights titles with an upset points loss by Carlos Baldomir(42-9-6, 12KOs) from Argentina. Even with a sellout hometown crowd, the judges all had Baldomir winning by a couple of rounds.
Zab (and many boxing fans) was looking forward to a mega payday with Floyd Mayweather on April 8, but now that has gone up in smoke.

Baldomir might now be fighting Mayweather instead. Since Baldomir only paid sanctioning fees to the WBC he is the WBC champion, the WBA champion is Luis Collazo (who?) and the IBF is vacant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4511502.stm

It might mean there is still some chance of him making Kostya Tsyzu an offer too good to refuse.

Would love to see that old Zab Judah waltz once more courtesy of KT's knockout punch ;)

Just another poor man's Pernell Whitaker with enough hot wind blown up his arrs to make him think he's on that level.

I'm glad Judah got exposed (again) before Mayweather got to him.

i still have his fight with kostya all those years ago on tape. afetr seeing the highlights of his fight yesterday, i sat down and watched the '01 fight. i loved seeing him get his arse handed to him. i love it when cocky guys get beat, especially by an aussie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back