Toast Zac Clarke: 100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, Freo haven't said anything yet, but Zac posted this on his instagram:

It's a shame he hasn't been able to get to 100% since hurting his knee, but I'll never forget how good he was to get us into our first ever grand final. All the best for the future Zac!

fu@$en knees. first Clem, then Mora, now Zarke.

all the best big fella. you'll always have this...

Last edited:
Unfortunately will always be one of those "what could have been players". Showed some fantastic signs and his best was ahead of him before that stupid knee injury which then just lead to more knee injuries. Did have some good moments so it wasn't all doom and gloom. Just a absolute fizzer to finish the career with months upon months on the injury list and, when playing, never really fully fit.

Right Zac, now that's done, last I checked, you don't need knees to make babies. Find a missus with incredibly good knees and make some 200cm+ F/S. Knowing our luck, we'll still be looking for a decent FFwd by the time he's ready so Clarke junior is going to be a good chance to get drafted..

Last edited:
He was good when he showed some mongrel which was I think in a game v Hawthorn at the 'G when they wore that Kokoda jumper.

Unfortunately this happened in about six games.

Some of his performances were appalling. For someone who justifies poor selection with 'good effort,' Ross Lyon sure let a lot slip from this guy. He would dawdle, he would run at half pace, he would show a token hand to try and lay a tackle, and he had absolutely no idea on intensity or where to run and how to be a footballer – probably because the tiny spaces and constant close proximity of basketball is actually quite a lot different to that of Aussie Rules. But his effort was appalling, he barely gave a *.

Showed just enough at the very last moment and got a contract extension based on it. Got no nostalgia for him whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good when he showed some mongrel which was I think in a game v Hawthorn at the 'G when they wore that Kokoda jumper.

Unfortunately this happened in about six games.

Some of his performances were appalling. For someone who justifies poor selection with 'good effort,' Ross Lyon sure let a lot slip from this guy. He would dawdle, he would run at half pace, he would show a token hand to try and lay a tackle, and he had absolutely no idea on intensity or where to run and how to be a footballer – probably because the tiny spaces and constant close proximity of basketball is actually quite a lot different to that of Aussie Rules. But his effort was appalling, he barely gave a ****.

Showed just enough at the very last moment and got a contract extension based on it. Got no nostalgia for him whatsoever.

I'm sure he'll be deeply troubled by your assessment. Interestingly for bloke who had "no idea ... how to be a footballer" over his career he averaged 3.7 marks a game against 1.92 for that West Coast "champion" Nic Nat. Averaged more disposals too.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/Z/Zac_Clarke.html

No doubt he never realised his potential which was a shame for him and the club.

We should've played Kepler against Adelaide in 2012. Cost us. Was also woeful in the GF. Showed some real potential as the no.1 ruck in between and after the penny dropped later in his career had some good moments. Sorry the knees stopped him fulfilling his potential.

So what's actually the go with him from a fitness stand point? (Can't remember the latest) Is he able to join a club next season and play for them or is he straight up cooked?

So what's actually the go with him from a fitness stand point? (Can't remember the latest) Is he able to join a club next season and play for them or is he straight up cooked?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
All the best, Zarke. Didn't mind you as a player. Seemed a good lad too.

I'm sure he'll be deeply troubled by your assessment. Interestingly for bloke who had "no idea ... how to be a footballer" over his career he averaged 3.7 marks a game against 1.92 for that West Coast "champion" Nic Nat. Averaged more disposals too.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/Z/Zac_Clarke.html

No doubt he never realised his potential which was a shame for him and the club.
Naitanui is all jump and hype So what? I do not take random stats in an isolated game as a measure of quality.

Someone help me out. I need my username changed without losing my history. It happened when Palmer left as I used to be Sandi 2 Palmer. If someone can give me the good oil it would be much appreciated.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back