Zac Clarke on the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Miltz

Senior List
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
SEN has declared that RTB has personally put Zac Clarke up for trade.

What's he worth?

Great ruck man, but average forward..

Essendon with Ryder leaving. Port if they don't get Ryder. Adelaide for some ruck depth. Geelong?

They'd be the teams interested I'd suggest. His lack of ability as a forward is a concern. So that makes him either a less than ideal 2nd ruck in the team. A good developing back up. Or a 24 year old about to enter his prime and maybe be a better than average first ruck. Very hard to tell until you give him the job just how good or bad he will be. He seemed to regress this year.

Whilst he's more promising I'd say Richmond/Carlton's Shaun Hampson trade is probably a reasonable guide. Pick 30.

What's Freo's plan? Griffen/Hannath or Taberner rucking?

Essendon with Ryder leaving. Port if they don't get Ryder. Adelaide for some ruck depth. Geelong?

They'd be the teams interested I'd suggest. His lack of ability as a forward is a concern. So that makes him either a less than ideal 2nd ruck in the team. A good developing back up. Or a 24 year old about to enter his prime and maybe be a better than average first ruck. Very hard to tell until you give him the job just how good or bad he will be. He seemed to regress this year.

Whilst he's more promising I'd say Richmond/Carlton's Shaun Hampson trade is probably a reasonable guide. Pick 30.

What's Freo's plan? Griffen/Hannath or Taberner rucking?

He played 9-10 games when Sandi was out with Turf toe and was a very good main ruck.

If played in that position all year, if a team needs a ruck then he is worth pick 15-20. His value drops dramatically if a club wants a fwd\ruck.

Yeah it's a hard one.

When given the number 1 role he is a standout. Great athleticism and a huge tank.

Bemuses me as to why we would trade him, given Sandi and Griff are both around the 30 yo mark.

Something cooking behind the scenes one thinks :eek:

He is 24 and contracted. Anything more than pick 20 and I would prefer to keep him.
I can't see you getting near pick 20 unfortunately, unless you can find the woodest wood duck.

An honest toiler but doesn't excel in the ruck or forward.

But an interesting move by Freo nonetheless.

I can't see you getting near pick 20 unfortunately, unless you can find the woodest wood duck.

An honest toiler but doesn't excel in the ruck or forward.

But an interesting move by Freo nonetheless.
Will have to agree to disagree, will be a very good ruck if he is allowed to play the entire year in the ruck. Just look at S Martin who played brilliantly this year when played in his best position.

This could also be a case of "Broughtonism". We signed him on a decent contract. Maybe ship him off, free Up some space, yet get a really good pick in return due to supply and demand.

Smokes and mirrors for something bigger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is worth a pick in the 20s but we dont have one

Our first is too high and our 2nd too low.

He's not worth your first.
Clarke still struggles with the physical side of rucking, if a opponent gets stuck into him he goes to water.
His outside game is better than a lot of ruckman and he is very athletic. though.
Griffen from fremantle is a much better ruckman.

He's not worth your first.
Clarke still struggles with the physical side of rucking, if a opponent gets stuck into him he goes to water.
His outside game is better than a lot of ruckman and he is very athletic. though.
Griffen from fremantle is a much better ruckman.

I agree on his faults but he is young and durable and we need a decent ruck.

Griffin is better but we wont get another old ruck after the hmac experiment

But he Is exactly what we need so we may have to give up pick 14 and maybe get a later pick sent back to us.

I prefer to get a pick in the 20s and then trade it.

Would you consider Shane Kersten and your 2nd round pick?

I would prefer to keep kersten as i rate him but yes i would do that deal.

It is irrelevant as kersten doesnt like freo and wont go there,would need to involve a third club.

We'll take 14. You can have 22/23 and Joey Montagna. 23 on to Freo for Clarke means 14 got you a good youngish ruck and a very good outside runner with a couple of years left.

We dont need montagna at his age.

I would trade 14 for a couple of early second rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back