Zac Clarke wants no part of Lion trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically this is how it will play out: Freo will try and secure Jaegar first. 2 or 3 of the following; compensation pick, pick 16, lower, Duffield, Griffin or whatever Port give us. If we are successful we'll then approach Brisbane with what ever is left. Take it or leave it scenario. More likely is we'll be outbidded by someone else for Jaegar. Eventually trading Clark for pick 16.

I go with this. Although we may prefer to give away the Palmer compo pick. Either way, we'll pay more than our bravado wants us to.

Realistically this is how it will play out: Freo will try and secure Jaegar first. 2 or 3 of the following; compensation pick, pick 16, lower, Duffield, Griffin or whatever Port give us. If we are successful we'll then approach Brisbane with what ever is left. Take it or leave it scenario. More likely is we'll be outbidded by someone else for Jaegar. Eventually trading Clark for pick 16.

Listening to Bond the other day I find it very hard to believe that this is the avenue we would take. He seems keen to stick to our recruiting model which leans toward drafting talent, not trading for it (at least not trading first round draft picks). I see no reason and would be disappointed if we were to changed this strategy.

I get the feeling we will play hard ball (like the pies last year) and offer 2nd or third rounder for Clark. If they don't accept let him go into the preseason draft with a contract that states he will be based in WA.
Convince Griffin that GWS is better than Port, send him there with our comp pick.

Best case as far as I see it is:
Griffin + compo for O'Meara (I think others could out bid us, but you never know)
Mitch Clark in PSD
Pick 16 good KPF

I think that is closer to the mark, would you like Mayne & the compo pick from Palmer, as a sweetner ?

Ya see I would take that deal. I like the cut of Maynes "jib" plus the sweetener to make it fair. Obviously if both players (mayne and Clark) played to their potential, Clark is worth much more, but to be honest, he is still quite unproven

Ya see I would take that deal. I like the cut of Maynes "jib" plus the sweetener to make it fair. Obviously if both players (mayne and Clark) played to their potential, Clark is worth much more, but to be honest, he is still quite unproven

Oh good, that's the main thing.

He is a surfie too so i am sure he wont mind shifting up to Brissie.

If Vossy isn't happy with the compo pick, i reckon pick 16 + Mayne should do it.

I don't think any more though, or you might be reaming us :thumbsu:

Griffin to Port, our 2nd rounder to Brissie.
Port's 2nd rounder to Brissie.
Clark to Freo.

Freo:
Lose - Griffin + 2nd rounder
Gain - Clark

Brisbane:
Lose - Clark
Gain - 2 x 2nd round picks

Port:
Lose - 2nd round pick
Gain - Griffin

Any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't 2 2nd rounders paying a bit overs?

ba_dum_tss_RE_Post_A_Joke_D-s140x120-139767-580.jpg

Listening to Bond the other day I find it very hard to believe that this is the avenue we would take. He seems keen to stick to our recruiting model which leans toward drafting talent, not trading for it (at least not trading first round draft picks). I see no reason and would be disappointed if we were to changed this strategy.

I get the feeling we will play hard ball (like the pies last year) and offer 2nd or third rounder for Clark. If they don't accept let him go into the preseason draft with a contract that states he will be based in WA.
Convince Griffin that GWS is better than Port, send him there with our comp pick.

Griffin + compo for O'Meara (I think others could out bid us, but you never know)
Mitch Clark in PSD
Pick 16 good KPF

Dreaming, but I like it

Mitch Clark in PSD
Pick 16 good KPF

I'm glad you bolded that part, didnt have to waste my time reading the rest.

You cannot do anything like that. Definition of draft tampering. Once a players enters the draft he is basically entering a an agreement to go wherever he is picked.

You cannot do anything like that. Definition of draft tampering. Once a players enters the draft he is basically entering a an agreement to go wherever he is picked.

Yeah, that worked for Luke Ball.

I have noticed, you've never posted on the GC board. One of those West Coast fans playing pretend and having a bit each way?

Kudos to all the posters above me that proved that particular concern to be invalid.

Alas the AFL have allowed draft tampering for years. Luke Ball was the most blatant I can remember, and when the AFL did nothing about that it pretty much became open slather.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226137300852

Mitch Clark (Brisbane)

What is he worth? Definitely a top 10 draft pick but Freo won't have that and will have to come to the party with some juicy players.

Fremantle pay Matthew Pavlich, David Mundy and Aaron Sandilands huge amounts and then their payments tail off, so they will still have the $500,000 a year he is expected to want.

Don't forget Crowley Nickos :D

Cotter: He may be "worth" a top10 pick but you are not going to get that. He is out of contract and the best you can hope for is our pick 16 or our compo pick.

You're wasting your time, ss. Cotter seems to be struggling with the fact that Clark is out of contract and doesn't want to play for them any more.

On the open market, while under contract, Clark might be worth a top 10 pick. Out of contract and in a specific, closed market he is worth what we want to pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back