Opinion Zac Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we all know Zac can be good. He has shown a history of good WAFL form, and he has shown many glimpses so we know he is an asset and a future required player, however he has these games where he just seems to be uncommitted.
His round 4 game was probably his career best game IMO. Don't get me wrong coz he has played some good games in the past, but his contested marking was amazing to see.

So, it should come as no surprise when a player goes from 19 possessions, 11 marks one week, then putting out 2 performances that had 7 possessions and 1 and 3 marks respectively. This is the sign o a player contributing one week, then getting carried for the next 2. Of course it will be scrutinised. He needs to find a way to be involved consistently. His time is now and he needs to keep building.

As a 6 year AFL player he needs to get consistency right or he will draw criticism. He can be the difference in our ability to push towards the top again and we need him to string some good games together.

Yeah we all know Zac can be good. He has shown a history of good WAFL form, and he has shown many glimpses so we know he is an asset and a future required player, however he has these games where he just seems to be uncommitted.
His round 4 game was probably his career best game IMO. Don't get me wrong coz he has played some good games in the past, but his contested marking was amazing to see.

So, it should come as no surprise when a player goes from 19 possessions, 11 marks one week, then putting out 2 performances that had 7 possessions and 1 and 3 marks respectively. This is the sign o a player contributing one week, then getting carried for the next 2. Of course it will be scrutinised. He needs to find a way to be involved consistently. His time is now and he needs to keep building.

As a 6 year AFL player he needs to get consistency right or he will draw criticism. He can be the difference in our ability to push towards the top again and we need him to string some good games together.

I agree with pretty much everything you said but he might have been on an AFL list for 6 years but he's only played 57 games.

Comparisons have been made before since they play the same position and were taken in the same draft but I wonder how many slime supporters would want to swap NN out for Zarke at present. And what would our predictions be for them by the end of the year or next few years.

Comparisons have been made before since they play the same position and were taken in the same draft but I wonder how many slime supporters would want to swap NN out for Zarke at present. And what would our predictions be for them by the end of the year or next few years.

None of their supporters would want to swap Clarke for Nic Nat. He has the total interest of the media over here and keeps the WC at the front of the news no matter how the team is playing.

When fit he was a dynamic tap ruckman with amazing speed for a massive man. What he has never had was anything that resembles a tank and therefore has never and possibly will never rake up the possessions. When he played at his best it was a long way ahead of anything Clarke can do.

However, I do fear for his future at the moment as he is so far from playing decent footy and I did enjoy Sandi and Clarke destroying the worlds greatest ever ruck partnership ( little credit as usual though).

Yeah he had a good game, but im not going to forget the other 6 bad games hes had this season. Still not worth any praise, keep being competitive clarke your spot is no where near secure.

If it was me sitting on the selection committee I would be looking at Keplar to come in not as competition for Clarke but as well as.
Given we have Walters out now for the long term I would base our forward line around three talls in Pav, Clarke and Keps ATM.
Ballas, Mayne and Crozier as the smaller players with Mayne and Crozier rotating into the midfield with Fyfe/Barlow rotating HF.
With 3 quite mobile tall players like that they should always be able to have at least one lead up tall player on the wing plus a couple of talls in or running towards goals for them to then kick it to.

Clarke still has issues with his running patterns getting in the way of Pavlich and drawing his opponent in as well - yesterday was a sign of improvement with that.

If Clarke can sustain good form, this would be ideal IMO.

Simply cannot go into another match this season with just one of Pav/Clarke/Keps/Taberner/other selected. Mayne can not be a KPF in the same mould as those guys. Need at least 2, ideally 3 big bodies up there, creating space for each other.

Yeah he had a good game, but im not going to forget the other 6 bad games hes had this season. Still not worth any praise, keep being competitive clarke your spot is no where near secure.

Bit harsh considering Zac has only played 4 games this year. o_O

I'd be interested to see how many centre bounces he has been attending, his hitouts over his four games have been 17, 15, 5 and 3.

Last edited:
His work rate has lifted, covered the ground well to get onto the mark the in the last qtr.

He was absent for most of the first qtr though, I was concerned with him early but he came home with a wet sail.

Has to back it up next week with Griffin and Kepler knocking at the door.

After the game RTB said he had to move Clarke back early while McPharlin & Dawson were getting treatment, then moved Mayne back. Clarke played a great game. Hopefully shows the consistency we are looking for now!

How far aw
If Clarke can sustain good form, this would be ideal IMO.

Simply cannot go into another match this season with just one of Pav/Clarke/Keps/Taberner/other selected. Mayne can not be a KPF in the same mould as those guys. Need at least 2, ideally 3 big bodies up there, creating space for each other.
How far away is Keps realistically ? People keep saying because of his ACL he will have to play "X" number of games in the WAFL. But if he has had a ew good WAFL games and is just what we need at the moment, put him in I reckon

How far aw

How far away is Keps realistically ? People keep saying because of his ACL he will have to play "X" number of games in the WAFL. But if he has had a ew good WAFL games and is just what we need at the moment, put him in I reckon

I think Kep will only be considered for a game if we are in desperate need.
I still think Apeness will grab a game before Kepples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Wut?

Clarke has played 2 very good games and 2 bad ones. Check your facts before posting mate.

Until he kicked his first goal he had only had 1 touch. But getting 2 goals out of him is a good return again.

Yeah, his kicking has been a pleasant surprise. Probably the most accurate shot for goal in the team this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back