Zac Dawson - game day thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't blame Zac.
Blame the selectors who pick him every week regardless of his traditional 2 goals every week. (to the opposition that is).
Personally I will support every player who pulls on a Freo jumper every week BUT there comes a time that we all as supporters have to start questioning why we are again starting to see the same old story we saw with Harvey, having our favourite and our non favourite players.
Give all players an equal and fair opportunity and rotate them in and out of the team (within reason) to keep the performances honest and the hunger in the guys who are pushing for selection.

^ This.

If we rotate players constantly then everyone will be rested and who cares about having any sense of consistency in the team - players gelling as a unit, or any of that crap! Who needs it - every time we on BF have a meltdown, they should listen to us, and drop the whole team to the WAFL. I'd rather we forfeit matches by not having enough players, than play players into touch.

I never understood how he was listed game after game. So many times I would shout at him for always being 2 seconds behind everyone, and then standing back with his hands on his hips during every contest.
I don't know any player that can turn over a ball so well, or give away a soft 50m. The umpires hate him, but he does himself no favours.

I started this thread within the opening 3 minutes of the first quarter - soft 50m penalty for not getting back on the mark quickly enough.

Didn't know at the time that rest of the team would be like that, and I made a comment to that effect at half-time - after which I stopped counting.

But, if this threads offends then PM one of the mods to delete it. I don't mind either way.

Doesn't offend me, it's the internet.

But this thread tells me more about you than Dawson.

He is just a guy who gets picked to play, and i do believe is on his way home with 4 pts.

Who will you single out next week,

Don't blame Zac.
Blame the selectors who pick him every week regardless of his traditional 2 goals every week. (to the opposition that is).
Personally I will support every player who pulls on a Freo jumper every week BUT there comes a time that we all as supporters have to start questioning why we are again starting to see the same old story we saw with Harvey, having our favourite and our non favourite players.
Give all players an equal and fair opportunity and rotate them in and out of the team (within reason) to keep the performances honest and the hunger in the guys who are pushing for selection.

Agree somewhat (well with supporting anyone in a Freo jumper), but I still have more faith in the knowledge and objectivity of Ross and the selectors than a group of BF posters. Here on BF there are way more favourites and scapegoats than in the club.

People here wanted Silvagni in the 22 while he was injured, before he had shown any real form in the WAFL, yet in another breath would say that there needed to be competition for spots and a player really had to earn a spot through WAFL form.

I have seen Mundy, Headland, the Carr's, McManus, Johnson, McPhee and this year's flavour of the moment, Dawson, absolutely crucified by people on BF, whilst they conveniently ignored some of the same flaws and faults in their 'favourites'.

It's true. I haven't seen Broughton play a real blinder lately, or Pavlich for that matter, but they are the untouchables.
I didn't think Dawson was that bad, and he was no orphan.
McPharlap on the other hand ! Absolute champ in my book.

People here wanted Silvagni in the 22 while he was injured, before he had shown any real form in the WAFL, yet in another breath would say that there needed to be competition for spots and a player really had to earn a spot through WAFL form.

I have seen Mundy, Headland, the Carr's, McManus, Johnson, McPhee and this year's flavour of the moment, Dawson, absolutely crucified by people on BF, whilst they conveniently ignored some of the same flaws and faults in their 'favourites'.

Both excellent points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back