Zac Dawson - Grand Final Sprint

Remove this Banner Ad

Go, Zac!

But it Would be interesting to see one of the young ones in this, like Sherro or Sutty. :) both are more endurance runners, though.
I suggested this last year, but i reckon they need a pre game 3k time trial that starts at AFL house at Etihad and the players run through the city to the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am obviously biased. But if we really want to win, I doubt anyone will come close if we sent Stephen Hill.
Hill would obliterate anyone if it was a 30m sprint (much more useful for the pack busting/linebreaking that we need). I think Paddy would have him over 100m though.

Nah.

Great burst speed which is ideal for footy but pretty easily eclipsed over 100m.

Stephen Hill lost in 2009
Hill would obliterate anyone if it was a 30m sprint (much more useful for the pack busting/linebreaking that we need). I think Paddy would have him over 100m though.

Thanks.
Had to say I am genuinely surprised, but like you pointed out, 100m is quite some distance to sprint at that pace.

Sprint has been shifted back to half time.

Its been before the game for a couple of years.

Would've been keen to see how Crozier/Duffy go tbh? Josh Simpson possibly, just show off some of the young guys!
Having said that, hopefully Zac trips early takes out both people along side him, who then take out guys on their side and so on.
Whole race is down and then Zac just pops up and belts it out to win in somewhere around 30 seconds.

Remember when they gave Haselby a run in this? Was given like a 20m head start which was chased down in about 3 seconds lol.
saw Hase on tuesday in West Perth with Shammer. brought back some memories. Hase still had a bit of a limp / waddle.

dem feels.

Is Walker our only winner? Hes won a few time I think.
Yep. He won it in 2003 & 2004. It's funny remembering back on those grand finals, I was so proud that we won something! Gee Freo's come a long way since then.
pretty sure i read somewhere that Ibbo is.
That sounds plausible. He's a good little runner. I'm assuming he's too busy trying to get his shoulder back in place still to enter the Sprint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back