Zac Dawson - Quiet Achiever

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been his biggest fan this year but that game put to bed the doubts I had about his ability to get the job done. Hope to see plenty more of it

So everyone missed when he jogged over towards the pocket when a crows player(with a freo player on him) made a lead,leaving 2 free crows players unattended at the top of the goal square and needless to say it was an easy mark and goal.It was very dumb.
I don't have the game recorded and only go on what I saw at the game but I thought he got caught out of position a few times.

So everyone missed when he jogged over towards the pocket when a crows player(with a freo player on him) made a lead,leaving 2 free crows players unattended at the top of the goal square and needless to say it was an easy mark and goal.It was very dumb.
I don't have the game recorded and only go on what I saw at the game but I thought he got caught out of position a few times.

Haters gonna hate. I watched the game too and you know what - all the defenders on both sides were caught out of position a few times. Happens in the modern game all the time.

Zac's not the greatest tall back in the comp, but he's a solid player who generally works within his limitations. He's steadier than many on here make out. Some have been agitating about him since the day he walked into our club. He's been a great addition to our squad, and has played well this year. It's good to see he's getting a few more keyboard warriors on side.

Contrast the hate for Zac D with the love affair with the worthiness and capability of Son Son and Scos.

Haters gonna hate. I watched the game too and you know what - all the defenders on both sides were caught out of position a few times. Happens in the modern game all the time.

Zac's not the greatest tall back in the comp, but he's a solid player who generally works within his limitations. He's steadier than many on here make out. Some have been agitating about him since the day he walked into our club. He's been a great addition to our squad, and has played well this year. It's good to see he's getting a few more keyboard warriors on side.

Contrast the hate for Zac D with the love affair with the worthiness and capability of Son Son and Scos.

Fair enough,I would of jumped up and down after all the hate posts I've done,that being zero.Next time I see an experienced defender doing something very stupid like leaving his man to spoil and getting caught in between,I'll keep it to myself.

It's hard to fathom what you read here sometimes.

I'm not a Zac hater but I can't see how one or two conspicuously good pieces of play make up for the fact that he had 4 kicked on him by Walker and another one when he briefly played on Jenkins. If that's his best game for Freo he's got more problems than I previously thought.

Zac's main issues are that he is a little slow and has more than the odd lapse in concentration.

If it's a case of one or the other I'll have SCOS thanks.

It's hard to fathom what you read here sometimes.

I'm not a Zac hater but I can't see how one or two conspicuously good pieces of play make up for the fact that he had 4 kicked on him by Walker and another one when he briefly played on Jenkins. If that's his best game for Freo he's got more problems than I previously thought.

Zac's main issues are that he is a little slow and has more than the odd lapse in concentration.

If it's a case of one or the other I'll have SCOS thanks.

Shouldn't really bag him after his first good game for the club. I have been surprised by all the praise he has received around here for his first 9 games though.

He's the FB and everyone wants to blame Zac because of our losses this year? We have much bigger issues to address than our FB and the other 5 defensive personnel, considering the inside 50 rate that we have given away this year, they and Zac have played very well.

He's the FB and everyone wants to blame Zac because of our losses this year? We have much bigger issues to address than our FB and the other 5 defensive personnel, considering the inside 50 rate that we have given away this year, they and Zac have played very well.
I thought the inside 50's were pretty low this year. I remember a record low against the Lions for example?

I thought the inside 50's were pretty low this year. I remember a record low against the Lions for example?
Not over the last 4 weeks they haven't been, I think we've been getting doubled up on in the last 2 games.

It's probably the fact he's had 4 goals kicked on him each game for the last 4 weeks. He's terrible.

I'm tempted to call bullshit on you Electric, and watch the last 4 games and confirm the stats of each defender for GA

I just cant be arsed. However I'd be more than happy for you to prove your statement and collect the stats on the above instead of pulling random figures :p

Dawson for mine has been performing consistently enough to make a lot of the discontent around his place in the team seem emotive rather than factual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! Is it because people expect so little from him to start with that when he plays a good 5-10 minutes he gets these plaudits. I just don't get it. I could name 10-15 players more imprtant in this game than him and this thread surfaces it's head again.

I am not bashing him and not calling for him to be dropped but just want some perspective.

Zac Dawson = Defender, Ruckman, Forward and Midfielder?

Never been a huge supporter of the guy but holy ******* s**t, I am absolutely blown away. Gob Smacked. The man stood up tonight and destroyed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back