Zac Dawson - Value

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't played a league game in 2 years and wasn't called on when Croad was injured earlier in the year.

Bigger unit these days and could still cut given half a chance but his trade value is absolutely zero.

Zero trade value. Could not break into a team that is still short one KP defender. Its remarkable he managed to squeeze out a career for as long as he has...

Contracted 2009 going nowhere unless an add on to another deal.

Suprisingly to most, Clarko holds him very highly, and will continue with him. Not on big bucks:thumbsu:

Is he?

I thought he only signed a one year contract for 2008 when everyone else that signed contracts last year got two year contracts.

He has zero trade value. He will either stay on the Hawthorn list or will be delisted.

Zero trade value. Could not break into a team that is still short one KP defender. Its remarkable he managed to squeeze out a career for as long as he has...

His home and away AFL career has remained stagnant since 2006, from memory.

Played NAB Cup for Hawthorn and played alright - did well to keep Fev quiet - but also showed some signs of not quite coming to grips with the necessary decision-making skills to make it as a defender.

Did go forward late in Box Hill's seasons and kicked a few bags but that doesn't help him out with the current state of our forward line. In any event, kicking bags at VFL level doesn't translate to making a meaningful contribution at AFL.

Was overlooked for Tom Murphy when Croad busted his wrist in Round 1 and that pretty much is the writing on the wall as far as his ambitions to play in Hawthorn's defence, I would think.

best option is to put dawson up for trade with a pick and hope hawks can upgrade there pick from 3rd to 2nd round, or from 4th to 3rd round...
even then it is a shady deal...
that being said, hawks should keep him on the list and keep him playing forward in the vfl and hope that he has a good year, then trade him at the end of next year for a team that needs a third forward line player

best option is to put dawson up for trade with a pick and hope hawks can upgrade there pick from 3rd to 2nd round, or from 4th to 3rd round...
even then it is a shady deal...
that being said, hawks should keep him on the list and keep him playing forward in the vfl and hope that he has a good year, then trade him at the end of next year for a team that needs a third forward line player

He is not even worth that. If the Hawks can't get anything out of him with their excellent player development and facillite, no-one else is likely to either. The Hawks will do well to de-list him and laugh in disbelief if some other club picks him up with their 2nd round PSD selection.

This is just like the pies with Chris Egan. They delisted him before trade week, because who are we kidding, he's worth nothing.

Not every player makes it.

I think he is worth more as a backup and the potiental in him then his trade value so I hope we hold on to him!

Hope we keep him... Kids 198cms or something and has added 12kg to his skinny frame from a couple of years back when he was hung out to dry. Might be a kid that just takes time to grow into his body.

Im a Carlton but have seen Zac Dawson play over the past few years at Box Hill (walk from bros home).
He's 197cm and 96kg, was the Haw rep at the GF sprint, so he can run.
Great overhead, hard at it and looked a class above VFL.
This year and last he kept Fev either goalless or 1 in the preseason.
I would love him at Carlton and reckon he would play 200 games.
Hawthorns loss.

With croad goin down you'd think the hawks would onto him apart from that his trade value would be 0, another club would hold out and get him late in the ND or take him in the PSD. Plyers like this are there to develop and if its true that he's put that much weight onto his frame its now or never for the kid.

Sydney is crying out for big key defenders, or younger players who MIGHT be able to develop that way.

I would be more than happy if the Hawks gave us Boyle/Thorp, Dawson and pick 16 for ROK, although I know this might be dreaming a bit.

But I do think Dawson is worth persisting with, at Hawthorn or elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a Carlton but have seen Zac Dawson play over the past few years at Box Hill (walk from bros home).
He's 197cm and 96kg, was the Haw rep at the GF sprint, so he can run.
Great overhead, hard at it and looked a class above VFL.
This year and last he kept Fev either goalless or 1 in the preseason.
I would love him at Carlton and reckon he would play 200 games.
Hawthorns loss.

So why didn't he get games ahead of Gilham and Murphy if he's such a gun? Why didn't he get games alongside them?

No-one is going to waste a pick on him. Its debatable whether another club would even waste a senior spot on him. PSD/Rookie material, maybe.

As for being the Hawks rep at the GF sprint perhaps that was something to do with the fact he would have been one of the few players on the list not in the GF squad and not injured...

Cant see him getting picked up if delisted or even traded for that matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back