News Zac Dawson

Remove this Banner Ad

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think he is going to walk straight into Fremantles 22. For the record - just. this bloke is a liability and if your team is starting Dawson FB, your in trouble. No way should Collingwood pick him up.

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think he is going to walk straight into Fremantles 22. For the record - just. this bloke is a liability and if your team is starting Dawson FB, your in trouble. No way should Collingwood pick him up.
Hit the nail on the head. :thumbsu:

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
God no.

Guy on SEN (? who) was implying he's a s**t bloke, that's why Saints let him go, whilst signing on the other five guys who are all very borderline players ( Polo, Dempster, McQualter maybe can't remember)

He mainly always handballs aswell, don't think his kicking is that good.

No way in the world would we want or need this guy...he'll be off to join Thanks Ross, at Freo

I heard this a couple of days ago and they said that Dawson knocked back an offer from St Kilda and joined Lyon at Fremantle for 300k a year

sirene

Cancelled
Collingwood - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2014 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin Player Sponsor 2013 Collingwood - Quinten Lynch Player Sponsor 2013 Collingwood Magpies - Alex Fasolo 2012 Player Sponsor
Jun 17, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
On 3AW tonight, they said he is walking straight to Freo....even went as far to say, "Ross Lyon thinks he is worth a million dollars (laughter)"

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I needed a laugh after sanding a house down in sweltering Ipswich today and this one hits the spot nicely.

If you are after a bloke who holds and scrags well Dawson could be your man but you on no circumstance want to see the ball in his hands.:confused:

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I needed a laugh after sanding a house down in sweltering Ipswich today and this one hits the spot nicely.

If you are after a bloke who holds and scrags well Dawson could be your man but you on no circumstance want to see the ball in his hands.:confused:

Yeah, gave me a laugh aswell!

For the record, looked up his stats the last two years

2010 5 kicks 6 handballs per game
2011 3.1 kicks 7.7 handballs a game

So it'd seem they told him don't kick it ... that's very much how it looked the games i saw...he looked to handball wherever possible, and when he did kick it you could often see why.

He never got a swag kicked on him though, so he does a few things right, mainly scragging I think.

If there's any rule changes for next year, scragging is the one needs attention the most urgently IMO, complete blight on the game - esp by rucks and FB's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

otfc42

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, gave me a laugh aswell!

For the record, looked up his stats the last two years

2010 5 kicks 6 handballs per game
2011 3.1 kicks 7.7 handballs a game

So it'd seem they told him don't kick it ... that's very much how it looked the games i saw...he looked to handball wherever possible, and when he did kick it you could often see why.

He never got a swag kicked on him though, so he does a few things right, mainly scragging I think.

If there's any rule changes for next year, scragging is the one needs attention the most urgently IMO, complete blight on the game - esp by rucks and FB's.

Thanks y'all....but if we want to run stats then anyone wins....

Tarrant (who I'd have first everytime) 4 1/2 kicks and 5.2 hands....not much difference. Just put it out there is all...the bloke is mobile and plays well above his weight.

JonoNash

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 30, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collegians
Gerald Healy said that McPhee, Jack & Dawson will comprise $1.1 Million of their salary cap next year. Means that it's Port for Leon.

Oct 16, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rather funny.....but haven't been near a PC for a couple of weeks, hence the question about "Why"?

Dick

Deserved it. Everything in your OP beside the fact that Dawson has left St Kilda was wrong imo.

Fisher and Gwilt would be stoked Dawson is gone, they don't have to continually cover and play the third man up for him anymore.

Jesus Baulks

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

St.Kilda made three grand finals with him in their side, very nearly beat us with him playing as well. Hardly what I would've called a team in trouble. He beat Cloke in both GFs.

He is nowhere near as bad as Bigfooty makes him out to be. In fact, he has actually played pretty well against us in recent times. His defensive work is solid to good, he gets out bodied a bit in 1v1s, but aerially he more than holds his own. Very effective at killing a contest. Obviously offers absolutely nothing going the other way though.

Not to say I endorse recruiting him though, I think between Brown, Tarrant, Reid and Keeffe we've got our bases covered down back.

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rather funny.....but haven't been near a PC for a couple of weeks, hence the question about "Why"?

Dick

its almost unanimous amongst footy fans that zac aint worth much, and that has been the opinion for some time. others comments here back that up, dont ya think. :confused:

i didnt see any point in commenting directly. others would follow.

sweet dreams.

Trav68

Senior List
Jun 3, 2011
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood
Zac was an asset to every side he played against.

My favourite Zac memory is from GF Replay '10. Runs up to Trav before the game and starts his usual push 'n' shove and he's yapping away. Then the ball is bounced to start the game. Three seconds later Trav clunks the mark, Zac is 10 yards away then gets sent off for the blood rule. He must have hit his face on the massive amount of space he let Trav run in to. How I laughed. Good times. :D

pennym

Senior List
Aug 18, 2009
mt eliza
AFL Club
Collingwood
the guy is a hack, both my son and husband are saints supporters,,,every time he went near the ball they would just shudder...they will be rapt...Freeo.,,,sucked in big time haha can't wait to see him shite himself again next time he plays on Trav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back