Traded Zac Langdon [traded to West Coast for pick 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

The argument you should make is there are more than the two spots for small forwards and Petrocelle will progress to the wing.

IMO Petruccelle won't make it as a wing

Doesn't have the game sense, decision making or kicking skills on the run to make it

Must say, I was bemused he got a 3 year extension

You aren't alone on that one

Coaching staff must see something in him a lot of the fan base isn't seeing

To be fair though he did have injuries this year, and with no WAFL getting proper game time into him at a lower level to regain his confidence wasn't possible either.

IMO Petruccelle won't make it as a wing

Doesn't have the game sense, decision making or kicking skills on the run to make it
Agree with most of your points, but he has X factor. I think Simo likes to keep people with elite qualities, He's kicked 5 goals in a game, has elite pace. I agree his game sense has been down, however he's shown ability to run down & even intercept. I can remember the WAFL final (I think against Claremont), when he broke away off the wing & nobody got near him. I understand the AFL is different, but pace is a commodity and he's got plenty. I think players like Saad have forced teams to find matchups. He'll start as a roll type player. He's someone I'd like on the list, especially on WC's. I wouldn't judge on this year.

GWS and West Coast have talked and according to Craig Vozzo the WC General Manager of Football, it will be a very easy and straight forward trade.

Take that for what it's worth.

You aren't alone on that one

Coaching staff must see something in him a lot of the fan base isn't seeing

To be fair though he did have injuries this year, and with no WAFL getting proper game time into him at a lower level to regain his confidence wasn't possible either.
From what I've seen of him he is very ,very quick and recruiters/list managers seem to rate that attribute highly.

Agree with most of your points, but he has X factor. I think Simo likes to keep people with elite qualities, He's kicked 5 goals in a game, has elite pace. I agree his game sense has been down, however he's shown ability to run down & even intercept. I can remember the WAFL final (I think against Claremont), when he broke away off the wing & nobody got near him. I understand the AFL is different, but pace is a commodity and he's got plenty. I think players like Saad have forced teams to find matchups. He'll start as a roll type player. He's someone I'd like on the list, especially on WC's. I wouldn't judge on this year.
The other thing is that his kicking is better is better than it looks. He certainly had a down year this season, but so did a lot of other people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick up by WC considering the price
Could have got Jesse Hogan instead.

Could have got Jesse Hogan instead.

Good your club steered clear of Hogan

He was dreadful this year and didn't look close to AFL standard. I'm not surprised GWS were happy to let him go.

Eagles' best hope is he can play like 2018. He has poor skills and can't find the ball if his life depended on it anyway, but can offer forward pressure if the tall forwards bring it to ground.

He was dreadful this year and didn't look close to AFL standard. I'm not surprised GWS were happy to let him go.

Eagles' best hope is he can play like 2018. He has poor skills and can't find the ball if his life depended on it anyway, but can offer forward pressure if the tall forwards bring it to ground.
At worst he provides depth in an area we suddenly find ourselves short on with Rioli and Venables unlikely to take any part next year. We tried some stop gap options that didn’t work, he fits a real need for us. Someone that can provide genuine pressure and play a role.

Happy with the trade. GWS flipped that into Hogan. I think everyone wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back