Zac Smith v Nic Naitinui v Other

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the game, come back and try again. Looking at only stats doesn't tell you a lot.

Was better than Sandilands and Cox today. Freo fans and Glendenning Medal voters agree.

I've seen the boy and you can keep him thanks. Enjoy.:thumbsu:

12 disposals @ 58%:confused: He got some tackles and CP's but I prefer a ruckman that can do all that AND take grabs and kick goals.

Hit outs v Sandilands

WCE v Freo

Cox and Natanui - 30
Sandilands - 46

North v Freo

Goldstein - 32
Sandilands - 38

Like most NN critics on bigfooty, your lack of actually watching him on a regular basis clouds your opinion. You need to watch him play to see the effect he has on the game. I actually missed the game today too, but pretty much every report has said he was the best ruckman easily and was one of the best on the ground...and with only 12 disposals, funnily enough. Was great last week too, and has easily been the most consistent ruckman for his age.

I'm happy with my boy thanks.:thumbsu:

Never said you shouldn't be, Goldstein is going to be a fine player.

Like most NN critics on bigfooty, your lack of actually watching him on a regular basis clouds your opinion. You need to watch him play to see the effect he has on the game. I actually missed the game today too, but pretty much every report has said he was the best ruckman easily and was one of the best on the ground...and with only 12 disposals, funnily enough. Was great last week too, and has easily been the most consistent ruckman for his age.

You'll get no argument from me on that count.

He's very good at certain disciplines and very, very average at others. Goldstein and Leuenberger, whilst slightly behind NN in certain aspects, are far more complete and rounded footballers.

We should probably all reserve complete judgement until we see how he goes as a number one ruckman.

I've seen the boy and you can keep him thanks. Enjoy.:thumbsu:

Regards,

Naitanui negated Sandilands influence and won enough of his own ball going the other way. Tackled hard and won us midfield contests. Today has the number one ruckmen and he held his own, he will continue to out perform Goldstein and Leuenberger for years to come and he will always be one of two ruckmen within our match day squad.

As for Smith, good players are tested over time. I look forward to the game against the Gold Coast.

Enjoy you're Franken”Gold”stein.

Regards,

Naitanui negated Sandilands influence and won enough of his own ball going the other way. Tackled hard and won us midfield contests. Today has the number one ruckmen and he held his own, he will continue to out perform Goldstein and Leuenberger for years to come and he will always be one of two ruckmen within our match day squad.

As for Smith, good players are tested over time. I look forward to the game against the Gold Coast.

Enjoy you're Franken”Gold”stein.

Continue?:confused:

Listen mate, he has to become a better player than Goldy or Leuy in the first place before he manages to "continue to outperform them".

You guys have a bit of a habit of going seriously flywheel boogie when you get a few wins.

Watch the game? Can't rate Naita on stats alone, even though they're still outstanding for a young ruck.

He had one clearance for the match mate.

ONE

Do you think you guys might just be overhyping things a little?

Once again, watch the game before commenting.

Continue?:confused:

Listen mate, he has to become a better player than Goldy or Leuy in the first place before he manages to "continue to outperform them".

You guys have a bit of a habit of going seriously flywheel boogie when you get a few wins.
NN was at least as good as Goldstein last year.

And he's two years younger.

12 disposals @ 58%:confused: He got some tackles and CP's but I prefer a ruckman that can do all that AND take grabs and kick goals.
11/12 contested possesions, 58% isnt a bad efficiency

10 tackles, game high i think
Hit outs v Sandilands

WCE v Freo

Cox and Natanui - 30
Sandilands - 46

well apart from both stats being wrong, thats completely right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW Goldstein's game on the weekend >> Naitinui's

Don't bother.

In general, they're nice enough people, but they have an emotional investment in Natanui that distorts their view of reality.

FWIW Goldstein's game on the weekend >> Naitinui's

Don't bother.

In general, they're nice enough people, but they have an emotional investment in Natanui that distorts their view of reality.

:rolleyes:

I rate Goldstein as a player, he is doing very well.

However I wouldn't trade Nic for two Goldsteins.

People crap on about Nic's mistakes.. and don't get me wrong he has a few and they are usually epic and lulzworthy.. like his running into goal and shanks a couple of weeks ago.

However the work he does around the ground is sublime. His tackling, pressures and 1%ers are up there with the best, as is his tap ruckwork. His general game sense still needs work, but is rapidly improving.

At worst he will be a solid ruckman with excellent tap work and the odd blinder quarters, halves or games. At best he will be a superstar of the competition. Last year the AFL coaches agreed voting him most likely out of the current kids (think the criteria was under 22?) to become the AFL's best player at some point in his career.

:rolleyes:

I rate Goldstein as a player, he is doing very well.

However I wouldn't trade Nic for two Goldsteins.

You wouldn't swap him for Polly Farmer and Gary Dempsey combined, I know this already.

People crap on about Nic's mistakes.. and don't get me wrong he has a few and they are usually epic and lulzworthy.. like his running into goal and shanks a couple of weeks ago.

However the work he does around the ground is sublime. His tackling, pressures and 1%ers are up there with the best, as is his tap ruckwork. His general game sense still needs work, but is rapidly improving.

At worst he will be a solid ruckman with excellent tap work and the odd blinder quarters, halves or games. At best he will be a superstar of the competition. Last year the AFL coaches agreed voting him most likely out of the current kids (think the criteria was under 22?) to become the AFL's best player at some point in his career.

He only got a passing mention in the Hun write up:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...gainst-fremantle/story-e6frf9lf-1226056288939

Perhaps Braden Quartermaine was watching the game with both eyes open?

I prefer his teammates description

Kennedy praised West Coast's forward pressure and said the work ethic of ruckman Nic Naitanui, who tallied 12 possessions, 10 tackles and 20 hit-outs against the Dockers, was particularly inspirational.

"He obviously had a few dramas with his shoulder early on in Round 1 or 2, but the way he's been chasing or tackling, he just lifts the team,'' Kennedy said.

"Being up forward when he's chasing blokes down back and holding the ball, it's quite amazing.

"It inspires everyone. He's an asset to us and he's starting to get back into some really good form.''

Or Brad Johnson, who said during the game he was the most influential big man on the field by some distance.

By the way, have you watched the game yet Teff?

I prefer his teammates description

Am I supposed to be surprised by that?

Or Brad Johnson, who said during the game he was the most influential big man on the field by some distance.

1) "Big man" obviously refers to defensive ruck rovers that can take some hit outs.

2) It's Brad Johnson's opinion. You're struggling.

By the way, have you watched the game yet Teff?

Yes, and BTW ATM Darling is over hyped as well.

Did you happen to see Pykies post on the main board about Goldstein being rated 4th best ruckman in the competition across all criteria?

Not bad for a kid that has played 43 games. Get back to me when Natanui catches him.

Can't be any more distorted than someone who doesn't watch him regularly, bases his opinion on stats and therefore knows very little about NN as a player.

Teffy

Underestimate natanui and darling at your peril.

Natanui is tracking beautifully for a third year ruck - And despite having a range of unusual skills for a big man - still has big man attributes.

Darling has plenty of tricks for a first year KP - Will probably be a gun.

You wouldn't swap him for Polly Farmer and Gary Dempsey combined, I know this already.

If that was an attempt to be witty, it failed miserably.

Try not to respond with 'but its the truth' or something along those lines, it will be equally as lame.

He only got a passing mention in the Hun write up:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...gainst-fremantle/story-e6frf9lf-1226056288939

Perhaps Braden Quartermaine was watching the game with both eyes open?

Coaches voted him 2nd BOG.

AFL.com and Heraldsun.com had him in the game's best players.

etc, etc.

No doubt Goldstein is performing very well and has the stats on the board however Goldstein is a #1 ruck while Nic is playing 2nd ruck behind one of the modern era's best ruckman.

Oh and Darling overrated? :eek:

Out of curiousity which KPFs in recent times have had a better first 7 games than Darling in your opinion?

Ahhh yes, "Haters". The cure all answer for the seriously deluded.

BTW, get back to me when you manage to utilise that stats button to point out where NicNat is a better ruckman than Goldstein.

I'm wagering on a sudden case of "eagleitis" amnesia.

Currently Goldstein is statistically a better ruckman than Naitanui (haven't checked but given you're crapping on about it I'll assume it to be true). Not sure if anyone has argued otherwise.

However certain flogs feel the need to discredit Naitanui's performances (and potential) without obviously watching any games.

AFL coaches last year voted him the most likely kid to be the game's best player - Fact

Coaches on the weekend voted him 2nd BOG and both AFL.com and Heraldsun.com had him in the game's best - Fact

Since his debut he has regularly been in the Eagles' best players (including from memory 5 or 6 times in his rookie season).

Some players impact games with few possessions. Nic is one of them. Nic also has one of the highest ceilings of any of the kids running around right now - the question being if he can reach his potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back